+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: 8/29 - PR12 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Re: 8/29 - PR12 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe View Post
    Why don't you tweet Tim Gunn or Heidi Klum and tell them that it's not really anonymous judging because they pretty much know which designer has which model.
    Yup, that is how they can line up the group and pick the ones that are safe and the other top/bottom group without seeing who designed which one! Not very anonymous Heidi and Tim!

I also thought that Helen's dress was a little blah. Well made but nothing special... I am very tired of Ken's attitude. Looks like Tim in the next episode is too!
    Duckyface likes this.

Didn't Ken give Helen the laser eye death stare when it was announced she was the winner. Personally it really doesn't matter if you don't win each challenge what is important is getting into dummy 6 or 7 so you can show at fashion week and most importantly get into the final 3 so you have a chance to win the top prize.

I do wonder how Ken treats his customers, friends and family?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Didn't Ken give Helen the laser eye death stare when it was announced she was the winner. Personally it really doesn't matter if you don't win each challenge what is important is getting into dummy 6 or 7 so you can show at fashion week and most importantly get into the final 3 so you have a chance to win the top prize.

I do wonder how Ken treats his customers, friends and family?
    Didn't he though? The guy really does have an attitude problem about as bad as Sandro's but he's learned to reign it in. Not that I'm condoning his actions by any means... but I actually respect Sandro more for being open about his emotions - good and bad.

And as far as his customers... he's probably losing many right now.

My advice to any potential designers out there is to watch "Face Off" to see how to act as a reality TV show contestant. One should remember this is a national job application of sorts, so don't fritter it away by acting like a prima donna.

Pikachu I am now laying weeping in my beautiful red gown downing "champs" like it was water....you don't love shoes!!!!
    I have 2 closets full of shoes! Okay it is mainly because I have a really small foot so if I see a pair of shoes that fit I buy them whether I need them or not which I don't.

I didn't see any of the show last night. There wa a huge thunderstorm about 50 miles away & we got to see nature's fireworks without the danger. That is one of the advantages of living in a rural area.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

I'm more of a book lover than shoes. I have 5 bookcases filled to capacity with books and I'm still always looking to add to my collection. If books were a fashion accessory, I probably would wear them!

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    If books were a fashion accessory, I probably would wear them!
    That sounds like the making of an unconventional materials challenge - make clothing out of books!

Every year our local museum of contemporary art has a contest/exhibition where artists submit art pieces made from books. Prizes are awarded winning artists, the art pieces are on display for a month or two, and all of the pieces are up for silent auction. Anyway...this year there was a darling toddler-sized dress made from pages of Beatrix Potter books.
    pikachu and Babbred like this.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Here are pictures of the fashions from this week's episode:

Seeing the photos of the designs again, three points:

1. Miranda wins on the plaid pants - they are matched perfectly and it doesn't look like hers ripped in the back.

2. Karen's dress without the jacket is more sleezy/"Pretty Woman" than Jeremy's outfit was. (And the judges KNOW this - she took the jacket off and showed it).

3. Helen's dress looks like a Simplicity black dress with a Victorian style mourning shawl or something - I get the vulture/Victorian death vibe from it. I'm sorry - but Alexandra's outfit last week was more creative than this was.
    Florimel likes this.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

I watched last night with my neighbor. She's originally from Ohio and I'm originally from Pennsylvania. I tell you that because it shows we have the knowledge to back up our opinion of Helen's dress. Had it not been sewn by "the English", the cape would have been a welcome addition to any Amish woman's wardrobe. In a word: BORING.

Favorite of the night was Justin's. Yes, it was simple, but it was well made and had the "oooohhhh" factor in that tiny little jacket.

Worst of the night for me was not the "Christmas" pants, but that creation Dom made. I'd have expect to see it being worn by someone guest starring on Sesame Street or Yo Gabba Gabba.
    Duckyface and Dragonlady like this.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast