+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: 8/15 - PR12 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Re: 8/15 - PR12 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    Any guesses as to why the tears next week? They showed Tim blowing his nose and Brandon starting to cry. That is as dramatic as it gets. They would show more if more were there. Ken quits? A judge has to leave due to a family emergency?
    Kate gets sent home, Tim uses the save. That's my guess, lol.

Or Ken find his human side and the design room is showered in rainbows, glitter, and puppies.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000 View Post
    Kate gets sent home, Tim uses the save. That's my guess, lol.

Or Ken find his human side and the design room is showered in rainbows, glitter, and puppies.
    No one would cry over that, they would all be gobsmacked or passed out on the floor from utter shock.
    Babbred likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Well im shocked that it wasnt a dbl elimination. They are probably saving it later for Miranda and Helen. Sue can't sew, all she does is draping, Alexandria has no backbone, she should stand up against Ken. I wish Ken and Sandro were paired up last time. Who was paired with Ken last time that he didn't get the drama edit? Isn't he the one who said that he has been secretly competing? If he knew about the uncoventional challenge, why was he using the curtain? Using duct tape was unforgiveable, he should have gone home too. I like Sue, she has good taste. She has to revamp her original design so she didnt have much time to dress her model, i get that. I wish they didnt have to be in groups or this would have been a different story.

I thought the white team was going to win. Theirs is the most cohesive. Maybe Helen dragged the team scores down. THE JUDGES SAID IT WAS VERY CLOSE
    Florimel likes this.

Welp. Here I go again -- hanging out on that limb all alone, but...I like Ken!

No, I did not like his behavior last night. At all.
    But he's used that same feisty in-your-face approach before (toward Sandro), and it was much appreciated. Especially when having the backs of those in Sandro's aim.
    I can't sit here and defend much of what he said last night (especially about 40-year olds) or behaved, but I still like him. He backs down to no one.

I can't even imagine the defensive mechanisms he learned every time he found himself homeless and living on the streets.
    I do not think, however, he would ever punch another contestant or throw things at crew members. Sandro? Oh, yeah. Ken speaks his mind, gives warning, in an all-too condescending manner, yes, but (I hope) will move forward.
    Also, all the other contestants were bemoaning Ken's team situation. From that I gather, NO ONE wanted to be in his shoes, either.

I like Sue, too! I like her look (yup, I really do) and her work, too, from what she showed during her audition. But, I'm glad she was sent home.
    As much as I liked her from the audition, it came out early and often that she could not thread a machine or change a bobbin much less sew. (It's why I didn't pick her to be on my team in the PR Pool!)
    More than once she relied on someone -- ANYone-- to help her with the sewing machines and it's caused negative comments from others every time.
    Besides, she left the room with her model wearing nothing. And the model had to sew part of it herself?

"Clavicles are the new cleavage." I can't tell you how many guys I know think the clavicles are so darn sexy. True, they're older men, but still. I laughed when I heard this said.

The winning dress was lovely, but c'mon, Heidi. THAT TAIN'T NO CLEAVAGE! Puh.Leeze. That was more of an exposed chasm between two far-apart breasts.

Each week someone surprises me, in a good way and a bad. This sure has been an interesting season so far.
    Can't wait to see when Tim uses his Save, and who it's used on!
    Impossible things are being done every day.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

I like that Sandro came back to apologize and leave on a better note.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

While I can see Ken's frustration in having to work with Sue, who cannot sew, the man is out & out rude. Sandro was "passionate" and seemed to not have a filter when it came to knowing what to say or how to say it so that it wasn't offensive. Ken says what he says for maximum impact - "I am speaking so I need you to be quiet". Oh, and the "don't look at me". Oh honey child, you just threw down a challenge for a staring contest! Game on!!!

And while I am on the subject of Ken - WTH was that white thing he was wearing over his shirt?

I am glad Jeremy won - he seems like a genuinely nice guy . . . . but that's not what they are here for. I thought Bradon's team should have been the winning team. Justin's top was a bit boring when the model was coming at you, but when she turned around - WOW! - all of those goji berries really gave it detail. Seems like he's always just "safe" and doesn't get recognized when he does something with merit - like Dmitry from a few seasons ago.

Last thought: In the 'holding' room, where they go after the runway to wait to see who's going home, Sue makes the comment to the effect that she didn't want to leave without making something beautiful. Why were you WAITING? Make "something beautiful" the first time out! Ugh! I hate that. How many times have we seen a designer leave after 4 or 5 episodes and hear them say "the judges don't know what I'm capable of". Yes, they do. You've made crap from day one. That's what you are capable of!!!
    AZChristian and Babbred like this.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

I thought the white team should have won as well, and Bradon's was my favorite. It was stunning as she walked down the runway, and the fact that he used blinds to make that dress was amazing! It looked so soft and flowing.

But, overall, as an unconventional materials challenge, it was one of the most boring ones yet. They all used very few materials and played it very safe. I would have loved to have seen some more unusual materials being used instead of a bunch of placemats.

Oh, if only it was a double elimination!! I just wanted to smack Ken across his smug face! How dare he talk to people like that! He is a bully!

Ugh! What a horrible episode. Ken made me so mad, I wanted to smack him! At least I know now who I want to leave next! Ken, and Helen too. Her dress was horrible. Since when is it fashionable to pile material onto a woman's hips and make her look like a pack animal?

I loved Braden's dress. What a lovely gown. I liked Kate's too. Why did that other guy win over Braden? His gown was not nearly as pretty, and it had a weird look at top, that was some freaky looking "cleavage".

I missed whatever happened with the Russian guy leaving so I am hoping to catch it in repeat, but he sure was a loose cannon. I thought he had pretty tacky taste from the get-go, so I wouldn't have been rooting for him. However, Ken is officially now my "villain" of the season. What an a-hole! I swear, had he told me not to even look at him, I would have walked over to him and put my face up close to his, close enough to almost touch noses and stared him in the eye. I was surprised that Alexandria and Sue put up with him and backed down from him the way they did, as they had seemed to me to have more backbone than that. I mean, sometimes it's best to ignore people like Ken, but in this case the situation was just crying out for somebody to take that arrogant little man down a notch! I'm really disappointed that Sue alone was sent home, as I think Ken should have gone instead, or at least gone home too if she had to. It just seems to me that if the powers that be think teamwork is important enough to base challenges on it, they should send those home who are incapable of being respectful to others.
    AZChristian and Babbred like this.

IMO, the team that came in second (white designs) should have come in first place with the long gown winning.

The dress that won was simply AWFUL. I couldn't stand the bodice with the teensy weensy boob coverings. Yowza!

I was so hoping Ken went home too. I understand not wanting to work with certain people in a group, but that's the challenge. Deal with it! There was no need to talk to people that way no matter how he felt about the other designers. To me, group challenges are about more than the end product. It's about working or not working together and that should be considered by the judges also. Michael Kors would always bring up the real world and designers having to work with so many different people. Miss him.

I found it funny and interesting when Heidi asked how Sue made it to the show if she didn't know how to sew. Pretty funny.
    Babbred likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast