+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: 8/8 - PR12 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

8/8 - PR12 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

"Tie the Knot" This week, the designers need to showcase the bow tie in their looks.

Enjoy the show!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Re: 8/8 - PR12 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Wow, I can't believe how quiet it is in here!

Even with the outburst, I did not see Sandro's elimination coming! I probably should have though considering it did look like he actually smacked the camera. He really cannot handle a woman who stands up to him, can he!? Furthermore, I didn't understand his attitude asking the judges what they wanted from him. It isn't their job to tell him how to win the show! It is the designers' job to create inventive designs that reflect their perspective within the parameters of the challenge. It is the judges job to decide which one of them did that the best.

I'm so happy Bradon won, and the stuff with his boyfriend was adorable!

I felt bad for Jeremy. I didn't think his outfit was that dowdy, and it was definitely very well made.

I totally agree that Miranda would have gone home if Sandro hadn't baled. Frankly, I would have been more interested in seeing what he was going to make next rather then seeing yet another pencil skirt from Miranda.

I wasn't at all surprised that the judges questioned Helen's win last week. Her designs both before and after have been both hideous and boring!
    Florimel, dzigner and Babbred like this.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Sandro's gone? Not surprised.

I personally like Jeremy's outfit. While I can understand why the judges said it looked a little bit old, for him to design something that beautiful given that his grandmother died and it hurt him I can only imagine what his outfit would look like if he was a better mood.

Sue wasted a lot of money for that dress. That's all I'm going to say about it.

Miranda probably got saved by Sandro's elimination.

I liked the winning look and one of these days Dom also will win the top look for her design.

Kate's designs actually are pretty cool I liked what you did today.

Next week's challenge looks like it will be a doozy, however, it isn't the first unconventional challenge they done to. In fact it's probably the third they done

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    Sandro's gone? Not surprised.
    Yep! The judges put him in the "safe" group, and before the group got sent off the runway he started questioning the judges. He basically asked what they wanted him to design so he could be on top!

Then backstage he got in an argument with the rest of the safe designers. They thought he was out of line and told him so. He stormed off, as seen in the previews. The implication was that he never came back. Given this turn of events, the judges kept all of the bottom three designers. I do believe this is the first time they had a "packing up in the workroom" sequence without the eliminated designer!

BOY, did I get derailed this week!

Quick thoughts . . .

Like I said previously, Sandro's Neanderthal mindset/attitude towards women in general --- and STRONG women, in particular! --- was absolutely reprehensible.

Couple that with his paranoia re Zac/the rest of the judges, his childishness (i.e., his consistently aggressive, combative behavior and inappropriate, unprofessional, loud, foul mouth in AND out of the workroom, storming off when other designers chose to stand up to him and call him out on his bull$#!+, slapping/slapping at the camera as he stormed off, etc.) . . .

Well, far as I'm concerned, he wrote up and signed his own PR death warrant, and he is now free to truck that attitude, etc., of his right on back to Russia, where it belongs, since that's where he comes from.

I really don't see how the judges could've done anything else. It would have been a SUPREME insult to the other designers --- AND them --- to've allowed him to continue.

I was HOPING Miranda would be out this week, but, that's OK, too, 'cause I STILL think HER day is coming pretty soon, as well. She KEEPS riding the pencil skirt train and using little to nothing of the materials they've been specifically instructed to use in challenges.

Had it not been for Sandro cutting the fool like he did, I think either she OR Sue would've been a sure bet to've been out the door.

BOTH of them were damned lucky.

More thoughts later.
    Last edited by ness; 08-09-2013 at 12:22 AM.
    Photobabe likes this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Honestly, the bottom three would've been Helen, Sue and Miranda had Helen not had immunity. Helen also has the same problem as Miranda - making the same thing basically every week. She also admitted she knew she was lucky this week, and the dressing down was warranted.

I think the bottom three scare will help Jeremy out of his blues and that's good - he's actually a GOOD designer. I mean, when the only thing they're criticizing him on was the "age" of the outfit. IMHO had he been somehow eliminated for that design, Tim would've used his save this week. There as NO REASON style wise that he should've been eliminated.

One more point on the ties - I personally had no problem with them being inspired by the shape of an untied bowtie, but some cases it worked (Kate) and others it didn't, such as the black dress with the collar that looked like it should've been a sales table at a store.

Helen?

B3?

Agreed.

However, I DO have to say that she wasn't particularly on my radar this week, owing to Sandro's shenanigans and the fact that she had immunity.

I DID manage to see most of the workroom scenes. It cracked me up when Tim told her he didn't see the menswear in her outfit at all, then she started in with the low-key snuffling and sniffing. It had me rolling AGAIN when she said later on that she freaks out after criticism.

All I could think was: "Honey, if you're supposed to be such a badass, criticism of your work should be like water off a duck's back, to YOU! Maybe, just MAYBE, you need to find another line of work, if you can't take the critical heat!"
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Bradon is so talented and such a class act! HE is the reason I am watching this season!!!
    Florimel and ClosetRTWatcher like this.

Oh, and SO glad that Sandro is gone!
    Photobabe likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast