+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: 8/8 - PR12 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Re: 8/8 - PR12 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    Regarding Sue, if she runs out of money, then maybe Timothy can teach her how to use the scraps at Mood.
    I think what will happen is that Sue will be required to work in muslin if she uses up all her money. This has happened before - Anya LOST her money and had to use muslin for part of her dress (this is before they all got an extra day and I think $150 - and she WON the challenge).

I thought Timothy had to pay for the remants he got from Mood too - so that is moot. They usually make folks pay for what is left from a bolt of fabric, no matter how small (even a foot of 36 inch wide material). Sue would have to use Muslin.

And honestly if she lasts that long and she does - it would DEFINITELY be a "put up or shut up" situation.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

I know they provide the info right up front (on the runway) but I only occasionally pay attention to how much each contestant spent. It would be helpful if they started posting how much each one has remaining on their card. I know I don't keep track of the totals and, at any given moment, I can't even readily tell you how many challenges we've been through.
    AZChristian likes this.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    I think what will happen is that Sue will be required to work in muslin if she uses up all her money. This has happened before - Anya LOST her money and had to use muslin for part of her dress (this is before they all got an extra day and I think $150 - and she WON the challenge).

Thank you. I was trying to remember who the muslin designer was. Didn't the other designers feel sorry for her and give her some scraps of their fabric? I remembering thinking how nice that was. Anyway, you're right. She ended up winning that challenge--now that's talent.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Not feeling the love this season!
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Sue is not going anywhere till we get to see the drama of her having run out of money because she mismanaged her funds. They made it a point of not only showing that she overspent but they paused and added dramatic music to boot! I saw that as a bit of very obvious foreshadowing. They will keep her around long enough just so she can have a meltdown and then get a lecture from Tim or Heidi on how a responsible designer knows how to budget.

I liked Sue and chose her for my team but man, do I wish I could have a redo on that! I never thought she'd be such an idiot when it came to financial decisions. Most of the other designers are purposely keeping under the suggested budget, probably because they know that some point there will be a WOW challenge that will require them to break the bank. Might as well have some in the bank saved up for that event so you can go crazy.
    Dragonlady and jucamer like this.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000 View Post
    Sue is not going anywhere till we get to see the drama of her having run out of money because she mismanaged her funds. They made it a point of not only showing that she overspent but they paused and added dramatic music to boot! I saw that as a bit of very obvious foreshadowing. They will keep her around long enough just so she can have a meltdown and then get a lecture from Tim or Heidi on how a responsible designer knows how to budget.

I liked Sue and chose her for my team but man, do I wish I could have a redo on that! I never thought she'd be such an idiot when it came to financial decisions. Most of the other designers are purposely keeping under the suggested budget, probably because they know that some point there will be a WOW challenge that will require them to break the bank. Might as well have some in the bank saved up for that event so you can go crazy.
    What you said, me too, me too!
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345