+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: 7/18 - PR12 Road to the Runway/Premiere Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Re: 7/18 - PR12 Road to the Runway/Premiere Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    From Lord and Taylor to Belk? This show has jumped the shark!
    Perhaps Lord & Taylor was not happy to get stuck with all of the ledtover acid green dress from Michelle.
    jucamer likes this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Miranda should have been disqualified.

Plus I can't stand her.

She can take her little frienemy Timothy with her.

The rest are either good or only mildly annoying so they can stay....for now.....lol.

I like the changes. I felt so bad for Timothy and Sandro's models. Poor girls, will we need "Free Them!" tees before the end of the season?
    jucamer and Babbred like this.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000 View Post
    I like the changes. I felt so bad for Timothy and Sandro's models. Poor girls, will we need "Free Them!" tees before the end of the season?
    I think - and hope - both designers wake up to the fact they made some gigantic bloopers in their designs.

May be me, but I kinda thought that on Sandro's model the WAY they did the censor bar made the issue WORSE. I'm sorry but the bar made it look like something was showing that wasn't supposed to (which it was, but more visually).

If she was truly nude they should've just done a full bar hip to hip to censor it. Camel toe - well... I guess that's a tossup, as they've had a couple in the Lifetime run of the series.

Course what gets me is that when Ping had her model walk down with her bottom showing, they didn't censor/blur the back.

I love that Zac slammed Tim for polluting the environment by burning, thus releasing, toxic fumes from a polyester fabric. Then the shoes...You are wearing shoes while she isn't? How is that environmental?

Tim is a looney and Sandro is a jerk (though the detailing on the fabric was beautiful.)

I can't wait to see how they do with their "debit cards" and the ceiling limit for the season. That should be fun.

So far I like the changes and the majority of the designers. I hope that holds.
    Photobabe likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Valerie ghost for the win. Take out Kate please. V was robbed.

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post

Also, the Russian guy is rapidly moving himself into the same territory as Helen is already in, with me.

He had the NERVE to say ALEXANDRIA had a STRANGE PERSONALITY (paraphrasing)?

Well, at least we know that he, like Helen, has balls.
    His pants were sure tight enough in the Road to the Runway part, we could actually see them!

And we've seen plenty of plain old camel toes, so I think the black bar and shock about his model's outfit was because there wasn't even enough fabric there to create a camel toe - I got the impression there was actual skin showing. Poor girl. Then the judges made her get rid of the fringe/rope she was using to hide it! I am positive they had to have said something about it, but just didn't air it.

I loved how Timothy's model didn't do the whole dumb act down the runway! Ha!

Thoughts . . .

Not only Angela, but Tim, Sandro and Miranda should ALSO have been gone.

Tim? He's just flat-out CRAZY, and that toasted dress of his did absolutely NOTHING for me. I, too, TOTALLY LOVED it when Zac called him out for torching the parachute material and making him publicly look like the fruitcake he is. Also, how COULD you be a fashion designer and NOT see to it that your model(s) receive(d) hair and makeup before a show?? He should be gone on GP, just for THAT.

Sandro. I don't even NEED to say another word.

Miranda. I understand wanting to stand up for your "art" and "design aesthetic". However, SHE chose to enter this competition, and therefore CHOSE to put herself under the rules and regs of TPTB @ Bravo for each and every challenge. Like one or two others, above, I have long ago gotten BEYOND sick and tired of seeing someone who doesn't even TRY to make it LOOK like they've played by the rules advance. I was COMPLETELY feeling Heidi when she made a point of pointing out and hammering it home that she had serious issues with Miranda's only having used about 15% of the actual parachute fabric.

WTG, HEIDI!!!

Frankly, even though it would've sent some SERIOUS shockwaves throughout the designers' camp, MHO is that perhaps, after 11 previous years of letting fools and foolishness slide by, a four-way elimination would've been a SERIOUS shockwave that would've served to get --- and KEEP --- the rest of 'em in line and advancing on their design ability and ability to play by the rules of each challenge as set out.

And it would've most likely kept US tuning in JUST to see how the rest of 'em coped with the fallout and toed the line (or NOT!) after the bloodletting.

Facts are facts: That prize package they're going after AIN'T a years' supply of Double Bubble Bubble Gum. Since that's the case, these folks TRULY need to bust their humps and EARN every step forward that they take.

Whether or NOT they personally like the parameters, or materials in each challenge, or whatever it is that they have to do in a particular challenge offends their delicate design sensibilities and points of view.

JMHO.
    Last edited by ness; 07-20-2013 at 12:32 AM.
    Cootie, navybelle and mushybrain like this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

And BTW, as we ALL know, it's TPTB @ LIFETIME, now, NOT Bravo!!!

My half-asleep bad, y'all!!

Sorry!
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

I do not think Tim's dress was bad. To burn it was to make it less parachuttie?????? My guess. The dress did look feminine. His instructions to get her to be an air nymph, that was funny. If that were possible, people would have done it before. Ballet is no joke. Go to ballet graduation recitals and watch most of the students look like little clods. The model did the right thing by attempting it at the end of the runway instead of during the walk portion.

I think the right person went home. I know it is tough for these designers. Maybe if there were pants it would have went over better.

Overall, I found the new group very likeable and talented. Did I love love love any of the designs? No. But that might be a me thing. I am heavier than average, and seems I am not that crazy about dresses........but I love creation and design. I will keep watching even at my increased weight.
    You can do it!

Wow. My feelings were all over the place. First, the good. I liked most of the changes. Love that Tim is now out front and can give his opinions. Love that the judges can get up close and personal and see what we see...i.e. all the little design flaws that you might not catch from a few second's viewing. Also kind of like that the dresses are judged anonymously. Although when a dress comes out and a particular designer starts whispering, I think that might give the whole thing away...Also love that Tim can save a designer. I'm sure he's wanted to throttle the judges in the past, so here's his chance to make up for it.

I'm here in Dallas, and I had never heard of Belk until now. We have two really posh malls, and the flagship stores are Macy's, Lord & Taylor, and Neiman Marcus. So even without knowing about poor Belk, I kind of figured that this show had lowered itself a little...

Wish they hadn't brought Kate back, but that is infinitely preferable to having group challenges. I hope this show NEVER does that again.

Agreed with Bradon's win. His dress was beautiful.

I understand where Sando was going with his outfit. And as the judges pointed out, he did sew it well. Holy mackerel, though, talk about lack of taste.

Felt sorry for Angela. Yeah, it wasn't the greatest, but it wasn't terrible. And she did follow the rules. She should not have been eliminated.

Miranda...oh Miranda. I really liked you in the audition episode. I loved your design aesthetic. That's why I wanted to beat the crud out of you for being so arrogant right off the bat. Yes, you should have been the one eliminated. To be fair, though, your opposite number should have gone with you. Remember back in the workroom? TG criticized somebody else for barely using the parachute. It was that woman designer who made the white dress with the green accents. She was extremely lucky that she was judged "safe" or her secret would have come out, too. I think they both should have been thrown out.

Tim...what the heck? Again, I liked you in the audition episode. Your little spiel sounded cool. That's why I'm so disappointed that you turned out to be a nut. Where to start?

1. Did you sew your dress by hand? If you used the Brother machine, then how in the world could you not let the hair stylists use their tools? And considering the enormous expenditure of electricity in the Parsons building, would a curling iron make that big of a difference?

2. Could you not have brought your own make-up, say that Bare Minerals stuff? I once read a magazine article about how the new trend is the "bare" or "plain" look. It showed all these models who still looked gorgeous wearing earth-toned foundation and eye shadow, with minimum blush.

3. Didn't necessarily mind the model not wearing shoes. I am SO glad though, that Zac called Tim out on his hypocrisy about the shoes and fabric. On a side note, I love MK. But if he has to leave, then I'm glad Zac has replaced him.

4. And I was SO glad that your model refused to do that performance art crud. Oh my gosh, can these models quit? If I were Sando's and Tim's models, I would seriously ask the producers if I could quit. Or at least do like they used to do and switch the models around to give them some relief.
    NFL1 likes this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast