+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: 5/02 PR11 Reunion Show Discussion

Re: PR11 having a Reunion Show (Thurs May 2nd)

It was a strange lot, no? I only really liked Samantha because I don't think I ever heard her say anything negative or snarky about another contestant. Funny thing was she was plagued by inconsistency in her designs. She would do one which was very very good then the next was sloppy looking. Odd.

Amanda wasn't too bad. I liked some of her stuff too. I liked some of Layana's work, but I couldn't stand her from the beginning. Daniel was a strange one, and I wonder at his work too. When Tim paid his visit before the final, I saw some nice looking designs. I still can't figure out where they went. The three he showed the judges were not that great to put it mildly.

I thought Stanley was ok, until I saw him mistreating Tu. Then later on we hear from him personally that he doesn't like people, lol.
    His designs were mostly good, but some were boring.

The whole team concept thing was a bust, I think. It was thrown to the winds towards the end, it seems. There it made no sense to me. Why begin the season by choosing teams only to do away with those teams later on? It didn't make sense. I think it affected many of the designers in a negative way and they were not free to really design the way they should have been. Had they been strictly allowed to focus on their own designs the whole time, I wonder what might have been different?

I hope they never do that again!

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Re: PR11 having a Reunion Show (Thurs May 2nd)

Totally forgot about the Reunion show being on tonight. Thankfully, the dvr will pick it up. I expect a whole lot of snarkiness.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Re: 5/02 PR11 Reunion Show Discussion

I found the reunion show incredibly boring. I only watched about twenty minutes before looking for something else to watch. I hate the forced drama reality shows try to dredge up. Frankly, I don't care about the designers petty squabbles with each other. All I care about are their fashions and their point of view as a designer. They can save the snarkiness, tears, and bitter betties.

I hope the show doesn't do another team season. I like it better when the designers work as individuals, with only occasional team challenges thrown in.
    Kip likes this.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Pikachu, I agree with everything you said. I watched the whole show though. A couple of interesting things that came out towards the end...Michelle is still collaborating with the sweater guy. Michelle and Stanley are working together to do something with that dress they made together. Amanda's brother is a guitarist for Maroon 5. She said that when she's with her brother, she's used to young girls running up and handing her their cell phones to take a picture of them with her brother. She said that she was out with her brother, a group of girls ran up and handed a cell phone to her brother to take a picture of them with Amanda!

I think with the teams, the contestants did get to know each other better, which was a benefit is some cases, and not so much in others.

The only team challenges I'm okay with (I'd really prefer no team challenges) are the ones where a team picks a theme and each designer creates something to fit that theme. That's not so different than when Heidi or Tim presents the designers with a theme. But I still don't like it because sometimes the worst designer is on the winning team so a more talented designer gets eliminated.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kip View Post
    The only team challenges I'm okay with (I'd really prefer no team challenges) are the ones where a team picks a theme and each designer creates something to fit that theme. That's not so different than when Heidi or Tim presents the designers with a theme. But I still don't like it because sometimes the worst designer is on the winning team so a more talented designer gets eliminated.
    Yes, I agree with that. If each person works on a separate look, or at least different parts of one outfit (one person does the top, another person does the pants), it's easier to see which designer created what and give them credit for that.

It does suck when a designer does their part really well and ends up not winning because the rest of their team brought them down. The same with when one person does a really horrible job and is saved only because they're on the winning team.

Tim Gunn is the one thing that's consistently good on this show. Too bad America's Got Talent couldn't have added him to their judges' panel instead of Heidi!

I kind of think this show has run its course. Tim Gunn is the only thing that makes this show watchable. I still can't believe there is still hard feelings over whether Michelle said Daniel should be dressing for 21 year olds or not. What an idiotic arguement. I did like them showing video to show what catty bitches some of them were and then watch them sputter as they tried to think of how they could defend themselves. I wish they would have asked Daniel where the designs from Tim's visit went.
    Kip likes this.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    Tim Gunn is the one thing that's consistently good on this show. Too bad America's Got Talent couldn't have added him to their judges' panel instead of Heidi!
    I would absolutely start watching AGT again if Tim were a judge. Actually, I'd probably watch any show on which Tim was a judge.

Quote Originally Posted by Starbucks880 View Post
    ... I wish they would have asked Daniel where the designs from Tim's visit went.
    Yes! I really would like to know what happened there.

I fell asleep. I must not have missed much, but I will be sure to catch it on repeat and watch it again if I can stay awake, lol.
    I was watching some youtube video of somebody interviewing Tim about the winner of that one season, Gretchen somebody I believe? and he was totally down on the other judges and said he thought somebody named Mondo should have won. Least I think that's what he said. He's so cute. He's funny!

Quote Originally Posted by lilymax View Post
    I fell asleep. I must not have missed much, but I will be sure to catch it on repeat and watch it again if I can stay awake, lol.
    I was watching some youtube video of somebody interviewing Tim about the winner of that one season, Gretchen somebody I believe? and he was totally down on the other judges and said he thought somebody named Mondo should have won. Least I think that's what he said. He's so cute. He's funny!
    Gretchen NEVER should have won that season!! Never... Heidi was the only judge that went to the mat for Mondo.

I've watched every season of this show and will until it ends. Some seasons were better than others but I love the premise.
    Kip, Cootie and jucamer like this.

I have seen better reunion shows. Overall for all the clips they played showing other contestants trash talk Patricia she is remarkable even tempered and forgiving.
    Florimel likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast