+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: 4/25 Project Runway 11 Finale Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Re: 4/25 Project Runway 11 Finale Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I didn't get the judges' love of Michelle's bleeding heart sweater. I thought it was homely and looked like something only a kid would wear.

I think the reunion next week will be more interesting than the season was....so much cattyness and nastyness in the personal interviews and so nicey-nice to each other's faces. I know that's pretty typical, but it seems like there was more of it this season. Several designers called Layanna and Michelle *itches, Michelle bad-mouthed Patricia every chance she had, everyone had something bad to say about Richard, and the list goes on. It ought to be interesting to see how the desingers spin it...I'm sure at least one of them will blame it on the 'stress' of the competition and they will all hug as if there are no bad feelings in the end. Riiiiiiiiiight.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    I didn't get the judges' love of Michelle's bleeding heart sweater. I thought it was homely and looked like something only a kid would wear.
    I thought that sweater was pretty cool.

Michelle was the clear winner for me from the Finale 1 episode, seems so obvious to me. That said, it was overworked and stiff, though well done.

I did like some of Patricia's pieces for the first time this season. I am still scratching my head as to how she got this far. I don't believe this show is rigged but it is clear the judges take into consideration what kind of runway show each will provide as they put people through. And that is as it should be. They definately don't have an opinion on who should win until they see the runway.

I agree with Nina about Patricia's work; it is not commercial and never will be. She is a textile designer first and may experience some wider success in that arena.

The team theme this season did not allow others to soar to the end as they should have.

Heidi, shape up this show or pull the plug. And thank you for not making them create another garment at zero hour. That idea was replaced by giving them more time to correct things the judges saw on their first glimpse.

Stanley, good god, go get a job on the internet. If you don't like people fashion is not the place for you. Very unlikeable guy.
    Kip and dzigner like this.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

I enjoyed watching Michelle's runway show, but did think many of her designs were costumey - i got a kind of a strange Robin Hood/post-apocalyptic vibe from them. I liked Stanley's designs, but they were nothing special. Some of Patricia's were nice, but as others have said, her forte is really textile design.

The 3 designers seemed to get along well. Michelle has been catty about the other designers, but it was good of her to bring the other two coffee as they sewed, pack up Stanley's things for him, and offer her staff to help him sew.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    Stanley, good god, go get a job on the internet. If you don't like people fashion is not the place for you. Very unlikeable guy.
    I have a different take on Stanley. Some people just plain struggle working with others. If this is an ingrained part of his personality, he may have worked really hard during this show to collaborate with the other designers when he was in a team situation. The only time I recall seeing him REALLY demanding was when he was working with Tu, and in that case Tu was not his teammate, he was there to help execute Stanley's vision.

I liked Stanley and I was disappointed that his runway collection was so unfinished when he arrived and that it was so boring.

I don't like Michelle, but between her and Patricia I thought she deserved the win. Her collection was cohesive, interesting, and extremely well made. I liked the steampunk vibe it gave off. I liked Patricia's collection much more than I thought I would and I'm glad that she got positive feedback from the judges.

Was anyone else bothered by Heidi's makeup at the final runway and judging? I can't figure out exactly what was different, but I didn't think it flattered her at all! She looked tired and shiny to me. I also hated the weird red under-eyelid eyeshadow stuff that Michelle had going on in the workroom segment before they packed up for the runway. It looked like she had severe allergies and had been up all night rubbing her eyes!
    pikachu likes this.

I did like some of Patricia's pieces for the first time this season. I am still scratching my head as to how she got this far. I don't believe this show is rigged but it is clear the judges take into consideration what kind of runway show each will provide as they put people through. And that is as it should be. They definately don't have an opinion on who should win until they see the runway.
    I agree to a point - but given that AR and Michelle were saved in spite of hideous/not following directions, I would dare say that if they go by your belief they need to say so clearly. To me, if they do challenges, they should be based ON that challenge only - not potential. Many of the designers this season who had stronger work (Samantha, Layana, etc.) were eliminated for their single challenge while Michelle and Patricia were saved for Potential.

To me - both seasons have been blatant on who they wanted to see win. At least with Mondo's - which I feel was done so he could win (as he should've), at least all three finalists had winner worthy designs.

And finally - if they're going to go with the COMMERCIAL claim - make them design commercial stuff most of the week and get rid of the fantasy challenges. If I want to have a winner who is commercial only - I'd just have "Fashion Star."

I finally got around to watching last night's episode. I loved Michelle's collection. I would definitely wear most of it. I think she definitely deserved to win based on what they showed.
    "The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one." ~Elbert Hubbard
    "Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product." ~Eleanor Roosevelt
    ~R.I.P. Grandma 6/22/33 - 10/5/10~

Michelle deserved the win! She's talented and extremely confident. I'm too old to wear her stuff but I thought hers was the "best" of the three collections. As I've said before, I don't think Michelle badmouthed her competitors any more than the rest of them and when she/they were finally taken out of the "team" dynamic she/they all calmed down in that regard.

I liked Patricia's final looks much better than I thought I would....except for the ones with the horsehair. IMO, she was lucky to have come in second place. If you would have told me the final result during the first month of the show I would have never believed it. I think she has talent but it was proven she needs tons of assistance and depends on other people's opinions to get to a final result. I don't think she, on her own, could produce four lines of clothing per year.

Although a talented designer, Stanley surprised the heck out of me. I never expected him to be so unprepared both when he arrived in NYC and on the night of the fashion show. He did listen to the judges and improve his looks BUT at the expense of almost everyone behind the scenes at Lincoln Center that night. He should be ashamed of himself. I think Tim couldn't run fast enough to explain to the judges just how much work had to be done, with Stanley's collection, within an hour of the runway show. I think both Patricia and Michelle should be commended for helping Stanley as much as they did.

I'm looking forward to next week's show although we may have seen many of the most memorable moments during last night's preview.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    Michael loves Patricia's turqoise dress! Good to know he's been watching all season.

Nina's going on and on with a long complimentary speech to lead up to her big "but" -- she's knocking the styling of Patricia's looks. Other than that, it was a lovefest from the judges.
    I think Nina's problem was not Patricia's collection, but OMG what will Marie Claire's readers think of this kind of collection with a photo shoot in the mag... wake UP, do something different!! Be a bit more culturally accepting - we aren't all size 2's wanting "fashion" forward...how come you thought GRETCHEN was ok then?

FORT Fogey

I thought that sweater was pretty cool.
    I agree with Nina about Patricia's work; it is not commercial and never will be. She is a textile designer first and may experience some wider success in that arena.
    The team theme this season did not allow others to soar to the end as they should have.
    I truly enjoyed and looked forward to what Patricia would come up with from week to week, and how she could pull things out at the last minute that were truly original. She can be the inspiration for many other designers.

For the wearability and commercial appeal - I just wonder how Jay won season 1...vs. Karasan - his were so costumy and out there!! Many others have been as well, that I wish the focus could be on design and forward or original thinking, not how best you can make clothes to sell - go on Fashion Star if that's your angle.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast