+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: 4/4 Project Runway 11 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 4/4 Project Runway 11 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

The last chance doesn't make sense. If they wanted Michelle in, they should have just eliminated Patricia. Granted that Patricia got the short end of the stick in selecting her assistant, well that's how the game rolls. It's just the luck of the draw....boohoo! That being said, why they only brought back 5 assistants to choose from is unfair. Last time they brought back enough people that the last person picking get's to choose. If that was the case, I think Richard would have declined it if he didn't feel like coming back and working with Patricia (or Layana).

As for this last chance, I understand why Michelle was doing it. Because she didn't make the worst dress (Patricia did by far), she just didn't listen to her client. She made t-shirt and pants when it was specifically mentioned not to do so. She totally ignored the challenge. What they should have done is for Patricia and Michelle do another challenge right there and then to redo their garments and see what they can come up with in a span of 2 hours (like they did in the last All-Star season when the judges couldn't make up their minds who to put through to Fashion Week).

I stopped for a second to post this, but after I'm done here, I am going to get back to PRAYING that Michelle DOESN'T make it to Europe. JUST when I thought her mean-spiritedness regarding Patricia might've FINALLY caught up to her, TPTB pull this second-chance bull$#!+. Absolutely did NOT care for that outfit of hers, either, and she is SO ego-driven and arrogant that she completely ignored or just chose NOT to listen to Nina's VERY CLEAR instructions about presenting her with a shirt and pants. Also, why in the HELL would anybody have made a see-through top in the FIRST place --- ESPECIALLY for an editorial Marie Claire fashion shoot?! --- THEN put a BLACK BRA UNDERNEATH IT in the SECOND place? I also didn't like how she basically turned her nose up at and looked disgusted or like Patricia was nasty, or something, when Patricia hugged her. THEN she tried to cover her rudeness up by snapping: "I DON'T want to be TOUCHED!" I thought that was just crass and hurtful of her to have said and to have behaved in that way. I CAN understand her not wanting to be touched. However, I can also understand that if she'd get over her personal dislike of Patricia (for WHATEVER reason she's got that dislike), and being pissed at her because PATRICIA made it and SHE didn't, she could've realized that Patricia wasn't trying to invade her personal space; she was trying to be kind and commiserate with her. It wouldn't've killed Michelle to have accepted Patricia's --- or any of the others' --- hugs and pats on the back. Michelle needed to STOP being mad at Patricia and be mad in the direction it should've gone in, which was to HERSELF for not following Nina's clear instructions.

Liked the top of Layana's outfit, but NOT paired with that bottom. Far as I'm concerned, she can still go now, too. Her whiny, childish behavior with Daniel last week sealed her deal with me.

And Stanley has put himself in the same boat with them, now, with me, because of how he treated/talked to Tu. If he's going to be a successful designer with his own people and staff at some point, that attitude/mouth of his will have him replacing people like nice folks change their underwear. Why? Because NOBODY in their right mind will put up with that kind of treatment from him, for too long. I don't think ANYBODY would be that desperate for a job. Far as his outfit goes, I hate to say it, but out of all of 'em, I did think it suited what was being called for.

Daniel's was interesting. I wish he'd've taken the bunny-ear shoulders down or in a bit, and done something about the slightly-gaping closure on the front. That said, in general, I did like the outfit. Which is unusual for me, because normally, I am NOT a shorts person. And I LOVED the color. Which is unusual, for me, because normally, I don't like and won't wear bright yellow ANYTHING.

Patricia. Boy oh BOY did she get screwed having to work with Richard, again. Justice was still served, though because the judges saw fit to acknowledge her special talents AND recognize that being stuck with Richard AGAIN after the one-way-ticket-to-nowhere pairing that they just came off of did NOT do her any favors, from the outset of the challenge. With a few changes, I would've liked to have worn her dress. Which is unusual for me, because normally, I do NOT do one-shoulder ANYTHING. I DO understand why her garment wasn't right for this challenge, though, for the very good reasons that the judges pointed out. And is it just me, or did that long-fringed wristband/bracelet her model had on remind anybody else of that long-fringed neck thingy that Michelle made for the Miranda Lambert challenge?

And special kudos go to Samantha for stepping in as soon as she could and helping Patricia get SOMETHING together to go out on the runway. Now THAT is what I call being a professional and a team player, since they were so hot in the drawers to have a "team" season, this go-round.

'Scuse me, now. Gotta go get my prayers cranked back up for Michelle's ouster.
    Last edited by ness; 04-05-2013 at 03:20 AM.
    Babbred likes this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by lilymax View Post
    Are you talking to me? About my idea of fashion being a woman running around mostly nude or something? I have no idea why you would think that. I also was not aware that Michelle's designs were like that. The ones I've liked of hers weren't. They also weren't scraps of leather and fabric slapped together haphazardly and called "art". Patricia's stuff is mostly garbage, and she was not even doing as well as Michelle, and yes I think she should have gone. Or maybe Daniel with his Big Bird short set? I don't know...

I'm not to what you are referring. I was referring to Michelle's remarks. When Tim's eyebrows went up over putting a black bra under a sheer blouse, Michelle just shrugged it off. After he walked away, she told the camera, "Well, if it were up to me, I would just have the model wear no bra at all. That's what they do in France, but we're not in France." Then she just shrugged like we Americans are hicks for not wanting to see naked women walking around in public. You're right, Michelle. We're not in France. We're in America, where we have something called decency and taste. And if you think we're backwards for caring about that, then here's an idea. Why don't you go live in France? You and your snotty attitude will feel right at home.

Now I'll admit, I don't really "like" any of these people very much because I don't find most of them likable. Stanley is found in this episode to be a huge a@#hole via his treatment of Tu, Layana is a nasty little conceited princess, and they're all weird in one way or another. So maybe it shouldn't bother me that Michelle went, since she isn't all that wonderful anyway. But this show is one i enjoy still for some reason, and if I can't like any of the personalities involved, I gotta like something. I just don't like Patricia's designs very much and I think it was unfair that she was kept while Michelle has to pass some test or other to get another chance. The judging here doesn't make sense to me. Prior episodes would have one thinking that Patricia would be the logical choice to go home this time. To me, most of her designs are just totally bizarre and not even marginally wearable.

It's perfectly ok to have a different opinion. That's the great thing about FORT.

I don't think you have to worry about Michelle coming back, but then who knows? I also don't appreciate the producers leaving us with a cliffhanger, as it were. I think I'm finished ranting now. I'm not as mad as I was earlier, lol.

ETA: Just read your latest post, and the way you feel about Michelle leaving is the way I feel about Layana. Now if SHE would be sent home, it would make the show for me!

I wish Layana would get lost in her city and not come back. I wanted to reach through and slap her in the room after eliminations. Notice that huge look of shock when Patricia walked in, that she quickly tried to cover. Two-faced, whiny, just like a high schooler. Grow up.
    GabbyG likes this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

FORT Fogey

I like Michele's work.

Patricia hasn't made anything I have liked. The team format worked against her so she may have been able to produce something pretty cool without restriction. And more time; the one day to make a garment is cheating the viewers, really.

Perhaps they gave Patricia a pass because they knew her problem with Richard and wanted to see what kind of a collection she would make given the chance.

I don't mind them giving Michele another chance. I liked what she made; she is good.

Stanley called his bottom piece a culotte. And Nina was grateful they were not palazzo pants. I don't know where the line is drawn to set them apart from one another.

Our old standard reality shows are going down the tubes. This one and AI are barely hanging in there.

I miss interesting personalities, Jay, Austin, Santino, Andre, Wendy Pepper, Laura, Jeffery and all those who gave this show interest and talent.
    Last edited by Shoepie; 04-05-2013 at 09:08 AM.
    straycat80 likes this.

Looking at the pics again I'll say this much:

1. Stanley won because his outfit is really the only one I can see Jordana Brewster wearing for a photoshoot - ESPECIALLY if it's "Dallas" themed. They will have to work on the fit of the coat though.

2. Layana's dress looks like a reverse bluebonnet (white bottom blue top). I still maintain the neckline needed to be a bit different and the skirt a different material.

3. Daniel's I still like but would've liked a different color and a skirt. I DO however love that this is his asthetic but he DID make this look younger for once.

4. Patricia's I think would've been helped if it were fitted. She STILL doesn't have the worst outfits ever on this show - even her worst is better than Wendy Pepper's candy bikini, Ping's muslin sack challenge, Casanova's first barely there dress (and I adore his attitude and most of his work), or Anthony Ryan's "miracle" save with a dress for a military soldier that even a concussed 1st time sewer could make better.

5. I like Lisa the model, who looks good in this, I do not like Michelle. WHY did they pair them together? And the outfit wouldn't photograph good even IF Nina wanted to have this for a photoshoot.
    ness and Babbred like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    I'm not to what you are referring. I was referring to Michelle's remarks. When Tim's eyebrows went up over putting a black bra under a sheer blouse, Michelle just shrugged it off. After he walked away, she told the camera, "Well, if it were up to me, I would just have the model wear no bra at all. That's what they do in France, but we're not in France." Then she just shrugged like we Americans are hicks for not wanting to see naked women walking around in public. You're right, Michelle. We're not in France. We're in America, where we have something called decency and taste. And if you think we're backwards for caring about that, then here's an idea. Why don't you go live in France? You and your snotty attitude will feel right at home.
    Ahhh. thanks for clarifying! I missed some of that because I was hungry and making my dinner same time the show was on. I did wonder why Michelle had ignored Nina, wonder if she even heard her? It was not her best work that's for sure.

It's perfectly ok to have a different opinion. That's the great thing about FORT.

Yeah, for me this time it's like a lesser of several evils when I'm choosing which designs I like. Nobody is a clear winner to me. One time they do something I like and the next time i hate what they've done. There's a lack of consistently good design this season.

I wish Layana would get lost in her city and not come back. I wanted to reach through and slap her in the room after eliminations. Notice that huge look of shock when Patricia walked in, that she quickly tried to cover. Two-faced, whiny, just like a high schooler. Grow up.
    Lol. I would love it if Layana got lost. I noticed what you mentioned about the shock when Patricia was safe. She was surprised and not happy about it either. Patricia may design things I don't like, but she doesn't come across as a mean person. I really like Lisa the model and wish she could be in the finals.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 04-05-2013 at 12:58 PM.

Stanley - I liked his outfit and thought he deserved the win. In fact, at the moment I would like to see him win the whole thing. Yes, he was hard on Tu but I think he was just trying to get the job done. I just think he should have been more appreciative - although for all we know he may have been at some point and we just didn't see it.

Layana - I was not wild about this and was surprised at the judges raving. I thought the upper part of the top looked nice and neat, but something about the bottom layer of triangles looked sloppy to me. I didn't mind the flowy-ness of the bottom, but I thought it should have been a different color. I really, REALLY do not like Layana. She is rude and full of herself and has a terrible attitude regarding the other designers. She seems perfectly content as long as things are going her way, but as soon as she doesn't get what she wants she turns into a whiny crybaby.

Daniel - I didn't care for this. Daniel is really hit or miss for me.

Patricia - This was terrible. I understand that Richard wasn't doing her any favors, but I thought this dress was an ugly mess. Patricia seems like a lovely woman and I really want her to do well, but I haven't liked anything she has done for weeks now.

Michelle - I don't like Michelle, but I have liked her work of the last couple of weeks. I think she has a terrible, catty attitude toward the other designers. After her comment about how in France they would just send the model down the runway with nothing under the top, I couldn't understand why she didn't just make a short nude tank that matched her model's skin tone. That would have given the illusion without actually exposing her on TV.

This show has soooo jumped the shark for me!!! I don't get the Patricia love the judges have for her. What is this second chance for Michelle? Sounds stupid to me. Every episode except for the hardware store challenge has been a WTH Moment for me. This has been the worst season of PW for me. Too bad, it used to be my favorite show.

I forgot to mention that I thought if they wanted to do a second chance path, they should have made it a run-off between Patricia and Michelle. Patricia had issues with Richard, Michelle had issues with listening, so give them both one more chance and pick between the two of them.
    Shoepie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by straycat80 View Post
    This show has soooo jumped the shark for me!!! I don't get the Patricia love the judges have for her. What is this second chance for Michelle? Sounds stupid to me. Every episode except for the hardware store challenge has been a WTH Moment for me. This has been the worst season of PW for me. Too bad, it used to be my favorite show.
    Patricia still tries to keep to her own style and she can make her own textiles. That's why the judges love her. For better or worse on her designs you can say clearly they are hers while other designers here I can go "didn't I see that made by so-and-so" - ex. "Richard's color blocked dress looks a bit like Mila's color blocking, or a bad variation of Mondo's Jamaica inspired look?"

The second chance for Michelle I think is because they want to try and give her the win in spite of the fact she flat out IGNORED the requirements of the head of a magazine. Design wise, she's one of the strongest - attitude, she's rivaling she who must not be named (though admittedly Michelle even here is the stronger designer) and Irina.

And I say that because last season when AR got saved when he made that abysmal dress that made him look worse than a beginning sewer - over a weakly made but at least INTERESTING and FLATTERING dress that Emilio made it was clear that he was going to win.

(BTW, I apologize for an error I made - it was EMILIO who got the second chance, as he would've been normally eliminated. We all know however, and I think even Emilio knew, that this "save" was made because AR was going to win the season and they wanted an excuse cover as to why they saved AR over Emilio - who made a better dress even if boring and safe. AR's was boring, safe and BADLY MADE.)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast