+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 43
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: 3/21 Project Runway 11 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

  1. #21
    Read The Clue Bearcata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Edge of the Beltway
    Posts
    16,359

    Re: 3/21 Project Runway 11 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    Just finished watching the first 10 minutes of the show (missed it earlier) and the person from Lord and Taylor did say that each item should be price pointed at $250. Since Patricia was making 2 items I can understand her thinking the capri pants should be $250. That's how it sounded to me.
    wannasee likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

  2. #22
    8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    3,763

    Re: 3/21 Project Runway 11 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Just finished watching the first 10 minutes of the show (missed it earlier) and the person from Lord and Taylor did say that each item should be price pointed at $250. Since Patricia was making 2 items I can understand her thinking the capri pants should be $250. That's how it sounded to me.
    I noticed that, too. When she looked surprised at being told that the ENSEMBLE had to be under $250, I commented to Mr. Christian, "But they were told EACH ITEM."
    Kocky_Kamikaze likes this.

  3. #23
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    13,531

    Re: 3/21 Project Runway 11 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    I am baffled that Richard's dress was praised. It was poorly done and that is an understatement. Seams puckered, the front had an unintential drape on one side, it didn't hang well, hem bad and more. When I first saw the winning team I expected to hear them say Richard, you are here only because Michele got the highest score. You barely escaped this time.

    And I agree that Lord and Taylor did a poor job at replicating Michele's dress.

    The guest judges were the ones who kept Richard in. The dress was well made and Samantha's was poorly done. AND they did not know that Richard had done this previously. Had Samantha not made the mistake on the length and eliminated the heart, she may have been safe.

    Why did this show go downhill with the change in networks? It doesnt make sense. Could it be that the show had reached that point and we would have seen it declline on Bravo? There have been too many one day challenges so that may be it. And why is that? Lifetime budget? Heidi wanting less time?

  4. #24
    Trust the Wink! Kocky_Kamikaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Age
    47
    Posts
    6,190

    Re: 3/21 Project Runway 11 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    Everyone is so passive-aggressive it's ridiculous. They're all so immature. If they were all more secure in their talent they wouldn't be this petty.

    Now Daniel's having a private meltdown. Sigh.

    But he's near-finished with his look and Michelle still has tons to do at the end of the night. Looks like we're in store for another bunch of runway fights.
    For the life of Daniel, he just cannot possibly handle criticism. His head was so blown up in the first few episodes that he just can't accept it! In this episode he drank in all the accolades like a dry sponge and then ignored being basically told that he's losing creative steam and tanking! He's going to have to get it gear!
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

  5. #25
    Pineapple! ClosetRTWatcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Groovin' with my human boom box
    Posts
    4,717

    Re: 3/21 Project Runway 11 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I am baffled that Richard's dress was praised. It was poorly done and that is an understatement. Seams puckered, the front had an unintential drape on one side, it didn't hang well, hem bad and more. When I first saw the winning team I expected to hear them say Richard, you are here only because Michele got the highest score. You barely escaped this time.
    I assume you are talking about Daniel, who was paired with Michelle. I agree that his dress was not good. It was very boring and looked poorly pressed because the bottom looked almost "poofy" to me. With his dress present I was surprised they won as a team. I thought it was going to be Patricia and Stanley. I really liked Patricia's look.

  6. #26
    FORT Fanatic lilymax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    685

    Re: 3/21 Project Runway 11 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Kocky_Kamikaze View Post
    For the life of Daniel, he just cannot possibly handle criticism. His head was so blown up in the first few episodes that he just can't accept it! In this episode he drank in all the accolades like a dry sponge and then ignored being basically told that he's losing creative steam and tanking! He's going to have to get it gear!
    You're right. He's also very annoying. In fact I just now realized that I find almost all the contestants annoying. Oddly enough (or maybe not so oddly, lol) I liked Samantha. The rest are just pretty boring people. Can't decide which is worse, boring or annoying. Some are a mixture of both.

    I remember the early days of the show and designers whose names I still remember from marathons, because they had personalities and talents that really stood out. Who could forget Chris March, Uli, or even Laura or Santino? These new participants have done nothing consistently good enough to be memorable.

    I hope next season is better, if there is one.

  7. #27
    Here's to NEXT YEAR! cubsfan55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    642

    Re: 3/21 Project Runway 11 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I am baffled that Richard's [Daniel's] dress was praised.
    I totally agree, Shoepie!
    Don't get me wrong, I loves me some PINK, but c'mon. That verrrry pink dress with Dynasty-style shoulders? I thought fer sher he was going to be chastised.
    But, noooo~ they loved it!?! Who were those pods and what did they do with the real judges?

    While I happen to think Samantha's dress was the worst, I cannot believe she is gone while Richard and his 2nd-grade girl behavior lives to see yet another challenge.
    Impossible things are being done every day.

  8. #28
    FORT Fogey jadewarlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    4,203

    Re: 3/21 Project Runway 11 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by cubsfan55 View Post
    I totally agree, Shoepie!
    Don't get me wrong, I loves me some PINK, but c'mon. That verrrry pink dress with Dynasty-style shoulders? I thought fer sher he was going to be chastised.
    But, noooo~ they loved it!?! Who were those pods and what did they do with the real judges?

    While I happen to think Samantha's dress was the worst, I cannot believe she is gone while Richard and his 2nd-grade girl behavior lives to see yet another challenge.
    I agree on the "Dynasty-style shoulders" on Daniel's dress. They were more along the lines of Joan Collin's shoulderpads though, which did help him out some, but still. I had thought the drape at the waist was part of a design but I am guessing that's not true. So yeah - Daniel was safe because of Michelle and fortunately Heidi et al mentioned that (they were very clear that his outfit was inferior to Michelle's and he wasn't going to win - even if not verbally said like that the indication was quite clear). Now, will he listen? - probably not.

    Samantha's dress I liked and I LOVED how she took a chance - a TRUE chance, compared to Richard. That was why my rant (either here or in my head) that they're now punishing creativity it seems. Richard's was so uninspired - and honestly looked like he took the design straight out of Simplicity patterns (meaning even I could sew THAT type of dress). Samantha's needed to be a bit longer. As far as the heart-shaped cutout... I think it'd been better if it were smaller or had been rolled and sewn (a la biased), or done as a pattern instead.

  9. #29
    FORT Fogey tinderbox's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,312

    Re: 3/21 Project Runway 11 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    LOVED Michelle's dress. So darn cute! Too bad Lord & Taylor fooled with it because it didn't appear to be as classy in their window. Hmmm....

    Daniel's an emotional mess! Geez....

    I think the correct designer went home. Samantha's dress was ugly, poorly made and the heart shaped cut out was bad news.

    Richard's dress did look like it was made for the beach. He's lucky to still be on the show. Yuck...

  10. #30
    Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
    Age
    45
    Posts
    3,885

    Re: 3/21 Project Runway 11 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    The contestant voice overs on this show make it almost unbearable to watch. Especially the needless criticizing of each other's designs. I almost turned this week's episode off because I couldn't tolerate Layana's incessantly annoying whining over and over again about how horrible Richard's design was blah, blah, blah. Ironic since she's only marginally talented as a designer, whereas Richard is actually a talented designer. She should have gone home over last week's Thunder down Under debacle.
    dzigner likes this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.