+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: 3/7 Project Runway 11 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

3/7 Project Runway 11 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

"A Sticky Situation" Prom dresses! Duct tape!

It almost makes me wish Benjamin was still around...

Enjoy the show!
    FlyAKite likes this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Re: 3/7 Project Runway 11 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quick recap w/ no editorials:

The Teams:
    Stanley, last week's winner, gets first pick and chooses Layana.
    Kate picks Tu
    Michelle picks Amanda
    Richard picks Daniel
    That means Patricia and Samantha are "stuck" together.

The Results:
    The Winning Team was Michelle and Amanda. Sorry to the Michelle haters, but she was the winning designer this week!

Safe are Teams Stanley and Layana, Patricia and Samantha, and (just barely) Richard and Daniel.

Which means Team Kate and Tu were the losing team.
    Tu was sent home.
    Surprisingly, so was Kate!
    It was a double elimination and no one saw it coming -- especially Kate.
    Impossible things are being done every day.

I will catch the last 40 minutes tonight. The dresses look pretty interesting. I like Michelle's hair bow that her stylist gave her model. I haven't really gotten a good look at any of the dresses yet. Anyone else out there watching?

Now that I've seen the dresses, I can't tell which one is the worst. Maybe Daniel and Richards? I like Michelle and Amanda's and the long dress, that one is amazing considering the material they worked with.

Well, Kate and Tu's long dressed got ripped apart for the color and shape being too old fashioned. Not teen-centric enough.

The judges loved Michelle's and Amanda's. Likened it to a "Gwen Stefani girl at the prom"

Daniel and Richard's dress looked like fashion from 20 years ago, according to Heidi. One judge called it looking like "old clothes". Nina said they went from "heroes to zeroes"
    Last edited by Cootie; 03-08-2013 at 02:18 AM.

Those judges just want to come across as superior. I think both Nina and Heidi are going through a mid life crises. They have a deseperate need to appear in the know and wear clothes that are 5 - 10 years to young for them. They don't know anything about aging in a beautiful and elegant way. Anyway their low opinion of what anyone other than themselves knew about prom wear was mean. Their having to eliminate in that carelessly thoughtless way. They have no feelings for anyone but themselves. They've been carelessly playing with peoples lives so long they don't even realize how devastating their off hand remarks can be, and then there they go eliminating two people with not one thought for the cruelty of how they acted. I doubt they see anything wrong with it now. I think we need new judges who have some semblence of humanity.

Sad elimination. I like Kate and Tu was a nice personality on this show. I am surprised to see both of them go.

Yikes, they are designing for male dancers next time.

FORT Fogey

The right team won. I liked the dress with the pink bow, too. I am going to guess they got some criticism on the bow from the students; it looked like one of those store bought xmas bows. They change they made was fabulous.

I knew the long dress was going to lose once I saw it in the gym with the kids. It hit me that they would all think it was way too old school.

I am surprised that they did not advertise a double elimination. Good for them!

It would have been interesting to hear how the votes went with the students. The edit seemed to imply the winning red dress was not a favorite. Though the dress with the hot pink bow was fabulous it probably wasn't sexy enough for them. It is possible that the judges choice for the win was near the bottom.

I liked this challenge.

It was funny how the boys grabbed all the gold tape as fast as they could and almost got eliminated because of that! That choice probably helped the others make more creative choices.
    Kip and Photobabe like this.

3/7 Project Runway 11 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

The double elim was quite surprising. But their dress was not cute or prom-friendly at all. I liked the idea of the gold dress but there were too many things going on from the color to the ruffles on the bottom. But I did like the lattice on the sides.

I don't know how I feel about Michelle. She seems to heavily criticize many of the other designers and it just seemed like sour grapes because she never won. I liked her in the beginning, but not so much now.
    Kip and FlyAKite like this.

Ok, at 36:38 Heidi said that there is 1 designer from the winning team will be the winner and 1 from the losing team will be out. So what they did was just for shock value. I guess that as far as reality shows go that there are rules that can be changed on the fly.

Another problem that I had with this episode is when Heidi announced the winning dress from the High School students voting. That bit of information should of been put out there after the runway show.

I do think that it is ironic that Richard said that he was so comfortable with prom fashion because that is his forte. I think that the lattice work on the sides were great but if that was in another color it would of shown up more. I think the dress didn't look that bad until they added the ruffles. Once they added them I think it aged it about 20 years just like the judges said.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckyface View Post
    Those judges just want to come across as superior. I think both Nina and Heidi are going through a mid life crises. They have a deseperate need to appear in the know and wear clothes that are 5 - 10 years to young for them. They don't know anything about aging in a beautiful and elegant way. Anyway their low opinion of what anyone other than themselves knew about prom wear was mean. Their having to eliminate in that carelessly thoughtless way. They have no feelings for anyone but themselves. They've been carelessly playing with peoples lives so long they don't even realize how devastating their off hand remarks can be, and then there they go eliminating two people with not one thought for the cruelty of how they acted. I doubt they see anything wrong with it now. I think we need new judges who have some semblence of humanity.
    I completely agree with your comments. I really wonder if in their school Nina and Heidi were the mean girls.

FORT Fogey

I like both Heidi and Nina as judges! Love them. I miss Michael. Did he quit this show entirely?

Proms are very different these days in some communities. My son's, now in their 30's, went to theirs dressed very hip and funky as did their dates. One girl had kind of dressy short dress and converse high top sneakers, she looked adorable. The other wore a vintage 50's dress with full skirt and fishnet stockings. Some in the school dressed more in keeping with what we envision as a prom. It was about 50/50.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast