+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: 2/28 Project Runway 11 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 2/28 Project Runway 11 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by justCoz View Post
    This is the imprssion I had too. I thought Layana tried to hint at it but Patricia didn't want to listen. Patricia didn't really listen to Tim's concerns either. It wasn't until it was almost done that she finally could see the problem herself that she decided to change it. If she had been willing to listen earlier she would have been able to start on a new idea so much sooner and might have had time for a better solution.

I think this is why I don't think the teams are working. The designers don't have any real say-so over their "teammates". They can't force another designer to do something different. Or like in Tu's situation, there is no time to help someone else because they need the limited time to finish their own designs. I still believe the lack of time they have for making the clothes on Lifetime compared to generally more time given on Bravo is making them churn out more looks that still need some tailoring and/or we'd see more complicated less boring designs. The only time that really happens now is when the person can sew crazy fast. I'm wondering now how I got suckered into watching this show again.

*note to self - take this show off season pass.
    I was not going to watch after the All Stars and got sucked into this season and at this point I am again putting this show on my Not Must See List.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    Patricia?

I don't know WTH was up with that tri-colored burrito that she put on that poor victim.

Oooops!

I mean, WOMAN.

As for Michelle?

Frankly, I don't think it'd matter if the Virgin Mary was her partner. That is ONE mean-spirited, wet blanket of a person.

And I use the term "person" advisedly.

Sure, Patricia is no perfect prize, either, what with her tunnel vision and stubbornness.

And I say that and will say in the next breath that I don't think I'd have a problem working with/around Patricia.

Michelle?

Oh, HELL yeah, I would.

JMHO.

But between her and Michelle, IMHO, she's the lesser of the two evils, I think.
    I just don't want to hear her any more on the clips. While she trashes everyone including her teammate notice how that is not returned.
    Florimel, ness and Babbred like this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I think these were the ugliest designs I have ever seen on PR! Except for Stanley's (and his model's sense of self really helped him) and maybe Daniel's, there were horrible. Being old doesn't mean you have to wear frumpy ugly clothes. I can't imagine any of my friends wearing any of these things. Not one of those women looked better than they had prior to the runway.

And why does Melissa have to be joined at the hip w/Joan?? Probably because she cant' seem to make it on her own...didn't she have her own (cancelled) show once?
    Either she or Joan needs to let the other go.
    I used to think Joan was very funny, especially on Johnny Carson but she's made her comedy cruel, demeaning and crass....and shocking....no longer funny.
    And Project Runway is any fun anymore either.
    Florimel likes this.

FORT Fogey

There is no need to make changes to keep our interest, Heidi. Teams are not entertaining; viewers don't like them. We put up with them in the early stages until the number dwindles but an entire season?

And again I cry, where are the personalities that made this show a raging success? Jay, Austin, Wendy, Santino, Andre, Laura, Jeff and on an on.

With a couple of exceptions, the pieces were terrible! That little woman in the blue shiny dress was as bad as it could be. And they make sleeveless dresses for older women with bingo arms?! Why? I never like the real people challenges anyway. I want to see these designers to for it and present something fabulous and current.

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie View Post
    What was under Patricia's wrap? I'm surprised the model didn't take it off at the end of the runway to show off the dress underneath. Either way...it was ugly.
    I missed parts of the original episode last week, so I watched it again over the weekend On Demand.
    My 77-year old mom (I live with her) was sitting doing her crossword puzzle at the time but kept looking up and finally ended up watching the runway show.
    When it came time for the judges to talk about the dresses in the bottom, my mom said, "Where's that ugly potato sack dress that was wrapped around that poor woman in three pieces? Why aren't the judges saying how awful that one was?"

Dragonlady likes this.
    Impossible things are being done every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    I just don't want to hear her any more on the clips. While she trashes everyone including her teammate notice how that is not returned.

Amen. I freely admit that Patricia would not be the easiest person to work with. However, that is no excuse for Michelle's constant trashing of her. If you remember, that started at the beginning of the episode before the two of them were even paired up. (As cynical as I am about reality TV, I have to wonder if that was deliberate.) In fact, didn't this go back to the last episode? And as you point out, Bearcata, nobody else has been as nasty as her. So what's her excuse?
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345