+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: 2/28 Project Runway 11 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 2/28 Project Runway 11 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

It seems like the wrong designer is going home every week, like that cavewoman outfit by Patricia and the mummy dress by Benjamin among others. I felt like Amanda should have gone home but then Patricia's dress I think was worse but she got saved by her teammates. This TEAMS thing should stop. If they are going to be in teams and they do not have to be cohesive in design then what is the effing point????!!! The worst designer doesn't go home and the best designer doesn't win. The bad designers are always getting saved. Where is the fairness in that? This season has been very frustrating.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    Her justification was, 'she's a comedienne'! Based on that 'joke', there's little basis for her claim.
    Agreed. In a courtroom, they'd object to the "she's a comedienne" statement on the basis of "facts not in evidence." And the objection would be sustained. Trash. Pure trash.

I don't like Joan Rivers. She's always seemed way too mean-spirited for me, and I feel like she just uses being a comedienne to humiliate and degrade people. She's nasty. Yes she had the brakes on this week on PR, but even looking at her irritates me. The point of humour should never be to make somebody feel BAD, for pete's sake! It's supposed to make you laugh, and she just isn't funny.

If these designers are anywhere near working to their potential, they're a talentless lot. I didn't like any of these clothes very much, even the winning outfit. I thought the turquoise dress was better than that ugly pantsuit. And the leopard wasn't really bad, it had a sense of humor about it and some style too. I did not like that greeny yellow top, but the rest was ok. But none of the outfits were anything I'd expect from really talented designers. The team concept needs to go, period. It sucks. It brings out the ugly in people like Layana (who I wondered why I didn't like, and now I know) and that other girl working with her. See, I can't even really remember the names, lol. I do like Amanda, I guess because she seems less likely to be mean to somebody else. I just don't like that. I know the shows rely on that for drama, but this concept just plain sucks. I think it was fair to send Benjamin home, but the same could be said for several others had they gone. Nobody really shone.

Duct tape prom dresses? Lol. This should be interesting. I hope they learn from this cycle that the team thing needs to be done away with. It's pointless aside from possibly creating drama by making people blame others who don't do as well.
    straycat80 and Babbred like this.

I remember Joan Rivers when she first started out as an unknown. Don't quite remember if it was on Johnny Carson or Jack Paar before him. In those days she was a youngish, doctor's daughter from Larchmont, NY, and she was really funny.

I have not liked her and her mean-spirited "jokes" for years now, and I have a similar opinion of Kathy Griffin. I don't find her at all funny and the few times I've watched Fashion Police, I wonder if her cohorts have "must laugh" clauses in their contracts. Can't help but wonder just who made her and daughter, Melissa, arbiters of fashion anyways. Their taste surely is not mine; nor are any of her co-hosts.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I used to luv Joan especially when she hosted Johnny Carson, then I do agree she went too far. I now watch Fashion Police for the last 2 years or so and find that 90% of the time her jokes are not that bad but the other 10% are questionable. But they are not mean spirited. There are comedians out there who all they do is drop the F or S bomb all day long at least Joan doesn't do that and the Fashion Police does have some good pointers.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Stanley - how dare he dis me Beloved Tim Gunn - rats he won, but the crotch sucked.

This episode was hard to take because it wasn't even cuttingly funny or mean. Amanda's negativity would drive anyone to suicide and Michelle is so mean spirited and Layana is a a partner. It was very obvious they didn't work as a team then blame it all on Patricia. I think sometimes folks need to work on their own projects and quit worrying about others. I personally thought Amanda's was the worst just a tad ahead of Tu's, but both are still here. I personally don't mind the team challenges, I do think Layana forgets that the team has saved her butt several times and given her a win. Michele, you are still here and the only win that matters is the very last one.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    Ok, I need to get this off my chest. I'm a teacher in a high school, so maybe I'm too sensitive. If I'm overreacting, then I apologize. However, I thought it was terrible when Heidi singled out those two designers for shaming. "Michelle and Luyana, you're the stars of the runway. Too bad you got stuck with such a crappy partner in Patricia." And then she did it again later. "Kate, your dress was wonderful. Too bad your lousy partner Tu dragged you down to the bottom."

Normally, I love Heidi, but during those moments I wanted to reach through the screen and smack her. Excuse me? And just what the heck purpose did that serve? Tu was very lucky that Kate is such a wonderful person, or he could well have ended up like Patricia, getting bullied by his partner. If a teacher pulled that stunt, they'd be looking at some serious disciplinary action.

The only reason I can think Heidi did it was to stir up some drama. Well, you know what? I get enough drama in my work, thank you. I have enough on my hands making sure Bottom Bees don't get bullied by Queen Bees and their suck-ups, the Middle Bees. I sure as heck don't need to waste my time watching adult women act like high schoolers. I already DVR this show. Now I will FF until the runway show. Lifetime has already dragged this show down to the dumps. I refuse to go with them.
    By saying all that, I think Heidi was trying to drive the point home that they are in teams, and they should be supporting each other more. It's not just about each designer making their own best garment this season, it's also about lifting each other's work up as well. So Heidi was actually calling out the ones who did good work for abandoning their teammates, but it didn't really come out that way.
    Shoepie and inthegarden like this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Stanley - how dare he dis me Beloved Tim Gunn - rats he won, but the crotch sucked.

This episode was hard to take because it wasn't even cuttingly funny or mean. Amanda's negativity would drive anyone to suicide and Michelle is so mean spirited and Layana is a a partner. It was very obvious they didn't work as a team then blame it all on Patricia. I think sometimes folks need to work on their own projects and quit worrying about others. I personally thought Amanda's was the worst just a tad ahead of Tu's, but both are still here. I personally don't mind the team challenges, I do think Layana forgets that the team has saved her butt several times and given her a win. Michele, you are still here and the only win that matters is the very last one.
    In Layana's and Michelle's defense, Patricia never listens and only wants to work by herself so no amount of collaboration and diplomacy will convince her to change her design unless she realizes it herself, which eventually happened. Also since she's landed the top a few times, the other two just let her do what she does because evidently it was working for her (even though they don't agree with her).

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe View Post
    In Layana's and Michelle's defense, Patricia never listens and only wants to work by herself so no amount of collaboration and diplomacy will convince her to change her design unless she realizes it herself, which eventually happened. Also since she's landed the top a few times, the other two just let her do what she does because evidently it was working for her (even though they don't agree with her).
    This is the imprssion I had too. I thought Layana tried to hint at it but Patricia didn't want to listen. Patricia didn't really listen to Tim's concerns either. It wasn't until it was almost done that she finally could see the problem herself that she decided to change it. If she had been willing to listen earlier she would have been able to start on a new idea so much sooner and might have had time for a better solution.

I think this is why I don't think the teams are working. The designers don't have any real say-so over their "teammates". They can't force another designer to do something different. Or like in Tu's situation, there is no time to help someone else because they need the limited time to finish their own designs. I still believe the lack of time they have for making the clothes on Lifetime compared to generally more time given on Bravo is making them churn out more looks that still need some tailoring and/or we'd see more complicated less boring designs. The only time that really happens now is when the person can sew crazy fast. I'm wondering now how I got suckered into watching this show again.

*note to self - take this show off season pass.

Patricia?

I don't know WTH was up with that tri-colored burrito that she put on that poor victim.

Oooops!

I mean, WOMAN.

As for Michelle?

Frankly, I don't think it'd matter if the Virgin Mary was her partner. That is ONE mean-spirited, wet blanket of a person.

And I use the term "person" advisedly.

Sure, Patricia is no perfect prize, either, what with her tunnel vision and stubbornness.

And I say that and will say in the next breath that I don't think I'd have a problem working with/around Patricia.

Michelle?

Oh, HELL yeah, I would.

JMHO.

But between her and Michelle, IMHO, she's the lesser of the two evils, I think.
    Florimel, Photobabe and Babbred like this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast