+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: 2/14 - PR11 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 2/14 - PR11 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Looking at the pics two more points - both on KIR team:

1. Daniel's dress with the side bustles makes it look like the woman's breasts are at her waist. This dress alone when it went down made me go "This is Dream Team's win"

and

2. The one with the blinds - the bustier was poorly made. Any angle save head on you'd probably got a good look at the woman's boobs. This one I liked the skirt and concept, but seriously that top half ruined it.

Leyana definitely earned her win - that dress is still lovely.

Then again all but really three dresses were lovely. These folks at least embraced - for better design or worse - the challenge itself, and didn't give a half hearted try.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    Looking at the pics two more points - both on KIR team:

1. Daniel's dress with the side bustles makes it look like the woman's breasts are at her waist. This dress alone when it went down made me go "This is Dream Team's win"
    Yes! That's exactly what I thought when I saw it.

I thought Joe's, Patricia's, and Daniel's were awful. I couldn't believe the judges said it was a close call. All the Dream Team dresses were lovely.

The point the DT didn't make on the runway is that they referenced (mind blank on famous designer) and his styles from the fifties - thus the tucked waists, etc. That and the color story made their looks cohesive.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

DT referenced Dior's New Look from the early 50's. I, too, couldn't believe that the judges said it was a close call. DT deserved to win, hands down. They followed the challenge and made a cohesive look. Each of their dresses looked lovely, not a hot mess like KIR's. I liked what somebody on the latter team said early in the episode. "Our dresses look like they were each designed by a mental patient--from a different hospital." Amen!

Just went back and looked at the photos. Daniel's dress was hideous, which really disappointed me. He's my favorite. Kate's model looked like she should be part of a float for the Tournament of Roses parade.

And it was Samantha who won with the fabulous leaf-print dress. I'm not fussing, mind you. I wanted to criticize all of KIR, but I couldn't remember the names and dresses. Daniel and Kate were just the two who stood out--for the wrong reasons.
    Last edited by Babbred; 02-15-2013 at 08:18 PM.
    Dragonlady likes this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

2/14 - PR11 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker View Post
    Patricia's was horrendous. I thought she should have been in the bottom. Amanda struggled with the challenge and she was vocal about struggling, but her creation was superior to Patricia's. At least it appeared she had a garment in mind. Patricia's looked like she strung some stuff on a yard sale purchase and sent it down the runway and called it art. Yeah....no.
    Amen! I'm glad someone else saw what I saw. What were the judges thinking? Her design was horrid. To be honest, I wasn't really a fan of her last design for Heidi.

FORT Fogey

It really bugged me that they referred to Patricia's as "Pow Wow chic" and that she seemed to be flattered by that, unless she was just being polite. Anyone who's ever seen real pow wow costumes knows how much careful work goes into good ones--and the bead and quill work is done by hand. That dress was not Pow Wow chic. It would be a sorry sight next to a really fine "chic" Pow Wow dress.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by lilymax View Post
    I'm glad Amanda did not go home, because I don't think her dress was the worst. I thought both Patricia's and Joe's were awful.

I didn't really like the winning creation; I liked Leyana's best but I find I'm not liking her very much.
    I can see why Joe went home. The others all had a specific decade to deal with, and he had the future, which gave him all kinds of room for personal interpretation, which should have been an advantage, and he wasted that advantage. Really, I don't know why they just didn't have him do a 1940s dress and start with that era instead of the 1950s, instead of giving him something as vague as the "future," which really didn't match their decades idea at all. Heck, they could have given him the 2000s too.

2/14 - PR11 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    It really bugged me that they referred to Patricia's as "Pow Wow chic" and that she seemed to be flattered by that, unless she was just being polite. Anyone who's ever seen real pow wow costumes knows how much careful work goes into good ones--and the bead and quill work is done by hand. That dress was not Pow Wow chic. It would be a sorry sight next to a really fine "chic" Pow Wow dress.
    Maybe it's just me, but that comment actually struck me as offensive. It felt like he decided that since there was a Native American competitor that he was going to keep that comment up his sleeve to whip out at an opportune time. He didn't sound like he was "in tune" with Native American culture, IMO he just sounded like a buffoon.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    Maybe it's just me, but that comment actually struck me as offensive. It felt like he decided that since there was a Native American competitor that he was going to keep that comment up his sleeve to whip out at an opportune time. He didn't sound like he was "in tune" with Native American culture, IMO he just sounded like a buffoon.
    The sheer inaccuracy of it offended me. I wanted to ask him when the last time he was present at a pow wow's grand entry was. I was kind of surprised by Patricia's reaction, frankly, unless she didn't want to get on the bad side of the judges, so she just decided to smile and pretend to be flattered. Although, for all I know, Patricia isn't the least bit traditional and has never been to a pow wow either. It's not like it's a requirement of being a Native American.

Totally agree that Patricia's and Joe's creations were the worst. Amanda did not deserve to be in the bottom 2 and was only there because her teammates threw her under the bus. She may have stuggled the most but she pulled it off (with a little help from Joe who ironically was the one eliminated, otherwise if he didn't help Amanda then she would have been gone). I can't believe Heidi liked Patricia's work. I thought she was going to be the one gone. Obviously the judges didn't like Joe's futuristic concept. I agree that his team should have given him the new millenium's naughties decade, at least the judges would have some reference to base his design from.
    Last edited by jammyjoe; 02-16-2013 at 04:55 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast