+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Project Runway 11: Fashion Week Collections ***WARNING: SPOILERS**

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Re: Project Runway 11: Fashion Week Collections ***WARNING: SPOILERS**

I would guess #3 is the girl with the mullet. I can't think of her name. The punk-rock looking young girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    WOW! This is going to be a terrific runway!

I really like #1, #5 and #8. There were at least one or two pieces I like from every collection. #7 is interesting, but I like the blues in #8 better.
    The once again scroll through had me slowing and really looking at #7. This is the one I like, mainly for the fabric designs.
    ______________________________ ______________
    Her name is Michelle, from Portland OR.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Newbie

I think #1 is definitely Layana. She loves accentuating the waist, especially with leather. #2 is Daniel. The shoulders on a lot of those outfits remind me of the shoulders from his pink dress from this week

I agree with others that #8 is Patricia. #7 screams Samantha to me, especially that open weeve skirt. I think #6 is Michelle, but not positive about that one

Kao

I think #5 is Michelle's. Which is a shame because I really like it but find her constant criticism of others grating.

I have to agree that number 2 is Daniel's because of the signature shoulders. It's anyone's guess about the others. I liked #7 and a few pieces from #8, but I thought most of the others (except for a few pieces) were really ugly- especially the baby poo brown color. Maybe I'm just a boring dresser, but I wouldn't be caught at my own funeral in some of those!

ETA: And what is with the freaky deaky peacock hair in #8? VERY strange!!
    Last edited by Maybaybie; 03-30-2013 at 12:13 PM.

FORT Newbie

After this week I thought my favorite Michelle was going to be out, but we'll see what next week brings! I think she and Stanley are both really strong designers. All 8 that showed did a great job and here are my guesses on who's is who's on the final.. Will be interesting to see how close the guesses are.
    1- Layana
    2- Daniel ( shoulders and well made)
    3- Samantha
    4- Richard ( he knows how to do jersey well)
    5- Michelle ( my guess as winner)
    6- Amanda
    7- Stanley
    8- Patricia ( I think must of the post think this looks like her)

This will sound stupid of me, but I had to ask. Why are there 8 collections in this thread? Does that mean that 8 of them actually showed at NY Fashion Week? And why would that many show, when the finals is narrowed down to 3-4 or whatever?

Been curious about this for a long time so I'm blushing, but I'm asking!
    cubsfan55 likes this.

When they film the Fashion Week finale, it's usually in the middle of the season (or earlier) in terms of how many episodes have aired already. So, if they only showed the collections of the 3 finalists, the press would leak it and the rest of the season would be spoiled. So, they find out which episode is airing on TV the week that they are filming at Fashion Week, and any designer who isn't eliminated yet in that episode gets to make a collection. All of the designers show their collections so that the press doesn't know which 3 are the actual finalists.

They used to be able to time it so that it was closer to the end of the season -- in season 2, only Kara Janx (4th place) had to make a decoy collection. But other times it seems to get out of hand, like this season.
    Last edited by MFWalkoff; 04-11-2013 at 04:39 AM.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Luv'ed the collections and I must say I haven't done that in a long time. Luv the pops of color in all of them. Some of the outfits look very poorly made but the majority very finished. Wouldn't mind owning some of the outfits.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    When they film the Fashion Week finale, it's usually in the middle of the season (or earlier) in terms of how many episodes have aired already. So, if they only showed the collections of the 3 finalists, the press would leak it and the rest of the season would be spoiled. So, they find out which episode is airing on TV the week that they are filming at Fashion Week, and any designer who isn't eliminated yet in that episode gets to make a collection. All of the designers show their collections so that the press doesn't know which 3 are the actual finalists.

They used to be able to time it so that it was closer to the end of the season -- in season 2, only Kara Janx (4th place) had to make a decoy collection. But other times it seems to get out of hand, like this season.
    I wondered if it was something like that. Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast