+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: 2/7 PR11 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

2/7 PR11 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

"Surprise Me" Look out! Heidi's looking for more freebies for her fashion line! Doesn't she make ANYthing by herself??

Forum threads will be reopened once the show airs on the west coast (10PM PT / 1AM ET).

Enjoy the show!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Re: 2/7 PR11 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

I am so not invested in this season. The winners, okay, whatevs. But why auf (in my mind) Peach 2.0 when the Prince from Black Adder the Third remains? Saggy chestal region, excuses out the wazoo, and a serious hot mess vs. a kinda crappy fabric but at least somewhat flattering and no "wardrobe malfunction" eminent.
    justCoz likes this.

Rats, if they can have two winners they should have had two losers. (Benjamin and Cindy)
    Dragonlady, wannasee and Babbred like this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl View Post
    I am so not invested in this season. The winners, okay, whatevs. But why auf (in my mind) Peach 2.0 when the Prince from Black Adder the Third remains? Saggy chestal region, excuses out the wazoo, and a serious hot mess vs. a kinda crappy fabric but at least somewhat flattering and no "wardrobe malfunction" eminent.
    While I am interested in this season, I feel the exact same way as you, PhoneGrrrl, about Peach 2.0. True, I'm closer to Peach and Cindy's age than anyone else on the show, but I rather liked her dress. It was far cuter and fresher than Benjamin's near-wardrobe malfunction! (Good one.)
    Additionally, I'm to the point that I think they're simply planting a Peach or a Cindy into the mix just to appease us older folk watching the show, but then smack them down into the "dowdy" category. Dowdy is always a slam meant to target an "older" female as frumpy, and it's hurtful.

If these strong, middle-aged women who are bold enough to try and find a new independence or begin a 2nd career later in life are put on the show for the humiliation factor, I wish it would please stop. It's demeaning and a very ugly factor to the show.

Impossible things are being done every day.

I was disappointed in so much black. I was hoping someone would go bold with the petal pink with gold and black just like the bottle- but do something interesting with it (like use the colors in the corset strings in the back or something).
    wannasee likes this.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Wow. I just heard Heidi say she wanted it to not look slutty. Is she turning over a new leaf?
    dzigner, GabbyG, Cootie and 2 others like this.

FORT Fogey

I hope they eliminate teams next week. This is not working well. We have a couple of wild card designers this year and I would like to see more of them.

I thought the winning gown looked a tad slutty with the detail in the back, especially. Beautiful though. I am willing to bet that when we see her wearing these garments we will notice some changes.

I was not surprised to see her choose 2 gowns because there was just not another good choice. Too much black and not enough pink and gold for my liking.

I am anxious to smell Surprise. It would take a lot for me to change my scent but I am always on the lookout.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

I didn't mind Cindy's dress so much. The design was actually nice. In a different fabric, it could have been better. I certainly didn't think her's was the worst look on her team. That would go to Benjamin, with his strapped-on mess of a dress. Like Heidi said, what did he spend so much time on with that dress that he was unable to complete the structure?

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Rats, if they can have two winners they should have had two losers. (Benjamin and Cindy)
    I was hoping for a double elimination.

I haven't seen the show or the photos of the outfits last night, but I do want to give an idea as to why Benjamin may have been saved:

He's from another country.

Before you balk let me explain - in order for them to get him here they had to help pay for travel and other expenses. Because it does get high at times, they don't want to eliminate a person from another country soon or they don't get the bang for their buck.

Plus, unfortunately Cindy has been in the bottom two before, and Benjamin may be able to push himself back up.

But count me in as one who says the team schtick is not a good idea - I haven't even really been able to watch it when I'm home even.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast