+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: 1/17 All Stars 2 Season Finale - Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

FORT Fogey

Re: 1/17 All Stars 2 Season Finale - Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

Bravo took a nose dive from its early years, i.e. when Project Runway was the hottest show around. It was confirmed for me when it made the final contestants in last season's Top Chef engage in sporting events as part of the contest.

Had Project Runway stayed on Bravo, contestants may have already been forced to sing a song or dance a dance to win.

Perhaps moving networks preserved the integrity of the show a bit. At least a bit longer than may have been done on Bravo.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    I am 50-to-dead....
    Love it! I'm the same! Trying to embrace it!
    Last edited by Jexter; 01-21-2013 at 04:19 PM.

I thought Uil was robbed but I also knew weeks ago who they wanted to win this season. The hubby mentioned thinking AR also won because his look was more ready to wear. He said they mentioned before wanting to pair the winners clothing with Nine West. With that being said, Uli's collection and Emilio's wouldn't have went with anything Nine West.

Quote Originally Posted by biggbaddgirl View Post
    I thought Uil was robbed but I also knew weeks ago who they wanted to win this season. The hubby mentioned thinking AR also won because his look was more ready to wear. He said they mentioned before wanting to pair the winners clothing with Nine West. With that being said, Uli's collection and Emilio's wouldn't have went with anything Nine West.
    Another reason to be upset - if they're going to do the "winner is the one who creates a line closest to the sponsor's prize" then they should make the finalists ACTUALLY CREATE A LINE FOR THE SPONSOR'S COMPANY in the final runway show. (Yelling is at Lifetime and the judges, not our elite commentators here )

Emilio (for the most part) and Uli's (definitely) were high fashion while AR's nothing special.

To say that even Gretchen created a better final runway design is saying something (and I wasn't fond of her runway save the handmade jewelry).
    Florimel and Allie like this.

wow, biggbaddgirl and jadewarlock, that really answered a lot of my questions.... I had forgotten about the Nine West aspect so naturally, AR's designs were better. But like, jadewarlock, says then that should be the focus of the show. Make it the Nine West Fashion Challenge and some designers, like Uli, would probably not enter, knowing that's not her style.
    I'm do disappointed and disgusted with Project Runway.
    biggbaddgirl likes this.

I finally watched the finale. I confess, while I love AR, I was surprised he won. I loved Uli's collection. The back of her one dress was breathtaking, and as Liv Tyler said, very Oscar-worthy. It was just such a dreamy show, and I liked that she did separates. I really enjoyed much of what AR did this season, particularly his haute couture dress from the episode before, but I did think it was kind of 'one note' with the same dress, same thing, over and over again. But it was certainly the most modern of the three collections, so I can see why he won.

I didn't really like Emilio's AT ALL. Very Whitney Houston mid-80's, and those corsets over top of the shirts just looked awkward and weird to me. I did like his concept but didn't like the execution. I was shocked he came in 2nd.

Josh is a brat. That is all.

I hope Uli finally gets some investment $$ or someone to help her carry on. She designs things I would love to wear.
    biggbaddgirl likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    I finally watched the finale. I confess, while I love AR, I was surprised he won. I loved Uli's collection. The back of her one dress was breathtaking, and as Liv Tyler said, very Oscar-worthy. It was just such a dreamy show, and I liked that she did separates. I really enjoyed much of what AR did this season, particularly his haute couture dress from the episode before, but I did think it was kind of 'one note' with the same dress, same thing, over and over again. But it was certainly the most modern of the three collections, so I can see why he won.

I didn't really like Emilio's AT ALL. Very Whitney Houston mid-80's, and those corsets over top of the shirts just looked awkward and weird to me. I did like his concept but didn't like the execution. I was shocked he came in 2nd.

Josh is a brat. That is all.

I hope Uli finally gets some investment $$ or someone to help her carry on. She designs things I would love to wear.
    If I was an investor I would invest in Uli. She is already quite successful with her resort wear and I think she is even more popular now and I like her stuff.
    Florimel likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456