+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: 1/3 All Stars 2 - Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Re: 1/3 All Stars 2 - Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by tinderbox View Post
    IMO, both Emilio and Anthony Ryan should have been sent home. Both those dresses were disasters!!! Keeping them both was just....wrong.
    I thought Josh's dress was outstanding.... YAY for him and his "client".
    I think at this point, they base their decision on more than this one challenge. Anthony Ryan and Emilio both have had some very nice pieces. If it had been based on this challenge only, then yes, they BOTH should have gone home. I felt bad for AR's lady because to me, the one part she wanted to minimize ended up looking maximized.

Wanted to like Uli's dress more (since I like her more) but Joshua's dress was just too cute, too flirty and too spunky to not like. He would have gotten the win from me as well.
    dzigner likes this.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

I made a dress that looked like Emilio's in my 7th grade sewing class (I got a D, lol) - IMO his was the worst. If one person were to go home I would have picked him. He has not lived up to expectations this season. It would have been a shame for AR to go home for this one (GOD AWFUL) dress, when all of his others have been so great.

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    I made a dress that looked like Emilio's in my 7th grade sewing class (I got a D, lol) - IMO his was the worst. If one person were to go home I would have picked him. He has not lived up to expectations this season. It would have been a shame for AR to go home for this one (GOD AWFUL) dress, when all of his others have been so great.

That's why I'm not necessarily disappointed that nobody got eliminated. I think AR's dress was terrible this week. Overall, however, he and Uli have dominated this season, so I want to see the two of them in the final.

I could tolerate Emilio rounding out the Top 3, but I really wish that Josh would get eliminated. I don't like the clothing he wears or designs.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    I think at this point, they base their decision on more than this one challenge. Anthony Ryan and Emilio both have had some very nice pieces. If it had been based on this challenge only, then yes, they BOTH should have gone home. I felt bad for AR's lady because to me, the one part she wanted to minimize ended up looking maximized.

Wanted to like Uli's dress more (since I like her more) but Joshua's dress was just too cute, too flirty and too spunky to not like. He would have gotten the win from me as well.
    It was also really clear that Josh's client loved her dress. Though Uli's client made it clear to her later, backstage, that she really liked what she did for her too, the other three veterans kind of had that serious, military public face on during the runway, whereas Josh's client smiled her way down the runway. I don't think it means the other three necessarily hated what they got, but they just reverted to what they're accustomed to doing in public situations, and in the military, there's not a lot of smiling on public parades.

BTW, I happened to see a Say Yes to the Dress this afternoon in which they discussed how to dress a bride with a bigger bustline--and the very first thing they said not to do was to create the kind of neckline AR went with on his dress. I also thought his color choice was bad for a 40th birthday bash. I assume it's supposed to be a festive occasion, and I'm not sure grey ombre is all that festive.
    Babbred likes this.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

I always wear grey ombre to funerals. It creates such a festive mood!

On Say Yes To The Dress there are a lot of clients with curves and big bones and everyone wants strapless. There is a lot of boning and support structure under those dresses, the designers on Project Runway simply do not have the time to make that sort of support in the time they have to make the dress.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I think Josh even asked AR if he was doing boning, but he said he didn't have the time.
    jucamer likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I posted yesterday about this episode w/o actually seeing it...just photos online.
    I still stick with what I said and even more so.....Emilio's dress was awful for the fact that it was an extremely simple design and yet he couldn't make it fit well...both side seams bunched up horribly as the woman walked the runway...and she was a slim body...so it wasn't her that caused the bunching.
    I was off about Josh's design tho....it looked much better on the runway than in photos...but still a little short.
    In the beginning of the show, the blonde hostess....whatever her name is...specifically mentioned that the judges will be grading them on how well they complied with their client's wishes....That didn't happen with AR!
    I have a friend who had her Jack Russell dog trained as a service dog....she did it mostly so she could take him anywhere. He rarely wears his service dog vest but if she wants me with her, she puts it on him. so you can have a trained service dog who doesn't do any servicing.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

I can't imagine why women with a big bust would want to wear a strapless gown. I'm very self-conscious about my chest and have a hard enough time keeping everything in place while wearing a bra. You can't wear a bra with a strapless outfit so you'd be relying on the dress alone for support and that worries me. I could see the whole top of the dress flipping down, leaving me exposed. Besides that, I don't like exposing my chunky arms and shoulders so I feel better in an outfit that has straps and sleeves. If attention is going to be drawn to any part of me, I'd rather it be my legs than my mid-section.
    wannasee likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    I posted yesterday about this episode w/o actually seeing it...just photos online.
    I still stick with what I said and even more so.....Emilio's dress was awful for the fact that it was an extremely simple design and yet he couldn't make it fit well...both side seams bunched up horribly as the woman walked the runway...and she was a slim body...so it wasn't her that caused the bunching.
    I was off about Josh's design tho....it looked much better on the runway than in photos...but still a little short.
    In the beginning of the show, the blonde hostess....whatever her name is...specifically mentioned that the judges will be grading them on how well they complied with their client's wishes....That didn't happen with AR!
    I have a friend who had her Jack Russell dog trained as a service dog....she did it mostly so she could take him anywhere. He rarely wears his service dog vest but if she wants me with her, she puts it on him. so you can have a trained service dog who doesn't do any servicing.
    Technically, there's a loophole in current ADA laws that allow people to get by with what your friend does, but it can create problems for people who actually rely on active service dogs. Your friend's dog may behave perfectly nicely in public, but there are organizations that basically sell service dog certifications for a price, and those dogs end up being identified as service dogs in public too, and when they misbehave, they cause people to distrust actual service animals, which can create problems for people who really do need their service animals with them as they go about their days.
    Allie likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast