+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: 1/3 All Stars 2 - Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

Re: 1/3 All Stars 2 - Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    It

I have no problem with Joshua taking this one, though I think Uli's was lovely too, and that they made way too big of a deal over that embellishment. Besides, Joshua had the advantage of getting a model with a service dog. Who isn't going to love a service dog? And Mizrahi is a big dog fan, so naturally, he loved that it had his first name. Probably would have loved it even more if it had been a mutt, though, since Mizrahi has had mutts and referred to them as the "haute couture of the dog world" (and my mutt-loving heart answers, "Amen!").

Oh, and I was disappointed that only one of the veterans had a disability. I was hoping they'd have a challenge where they had to design clothing that were stylish that people with disabilities that make dressing themselves harder could easily manage to get in and out of themselves. Most clothes designed as being easy to get in and out of look like they're meant to be worn in a hospital, which is pretty depressing.
    Having had to work around and study service dogs, I hope this helps out some. While I do believe there are "mutt" service dogs, most of the ones I know are bred to be such. If a dog has the skills to detect something that is needing a service dog, they'll test them and train them if they pass the test. That said, it is very expensive, so they work hard to get people to avoid touching or handling the dog who is not supposed to avoid tainting the dog and therefore losing his usefulness as a service dog to one person.

And - I've seen service dogs the size of Corgis all the way to a really tall dog that looked kinda like a really tall black and white shaggy dog.

Which leads me to the next point - I WAS surprised they'd show footage of Joshua petting a service dog. While the owner may have allowed him to pet the dog, I hope that he did NOT just do it without permission. The reason for asking is because the dog is "on duty" and you're potentially distracting him from helping his owner. There IS a chance that the dog is actually a therapy service dog, which would allow Joshua to more freely interact with the dog.

So that said, please - if you do not know this already - if you see a service dog with an owner, do NOT go and pet the dog, and if possible walk on the opposite side to where you are between the person and the dog if you must pass the person in a store or other area. This helps the dog not be distracted (especially if training - and yes they wear vests to show this), and helps the person. Yes some will allow you to pet the dog if asked, but not all do, let alone some cannot.

Anthony Ryan should have gone home for that horrible dress. He did not flatter her bust at all--my eye was drawn straight toward it and her breasts looked huge and saggy. The dress also made her look bigger than she was and while she was bigger than the others she was not a huge woman. The waistband was awful and so were those straps they added. Emilio's was better, but it wasn't great and I didn't think it was made very well--it was obvious he did it in a short time. I think Josh was the best and Uli was 2nd. I agree with the person above that there should have been more with disabilities.
    Florimel likes this.

I haven't seen this episode yet and probably shouldn't do any posting about it....but like I said last week, I'm almost insulted by what Lifetime presents us. Once again, this is Project Runway ALLSTARS....which I guess now translates into meaning only..."people who have been here before." It can not possibly mean that these were the Best of the Best.
    Emilio...who seems to always be "The Golden Child," for no reason that's apparent to me...this was an utterly simple pattern of dress with nothing that shows any talent or creativity.

Josh often angers me with his total disregard for decorum. I understand that artistic fashion designers do not dress like the rest of us but Josh seems to want to deliberately look as odd and inappropriate as possible....everywhere.

Uli's seemed typical of a Uli-design....and I like her taste..even tho they are not my style.
    Shame on Anthony Ryan....that poor woman looked like she had a watermelon in her bodice. She didn't want that, nor would most women. It was also boring.
    I'm just so angry with what has happened to my very favorite show. It's completely ridiculous....the poorly constructed, lack of creativity and abundance of poor taste they offer us.
    Someone like AR should be taken to task for not honoring/respecting his client's request. What would be the point of talking with the clients, if you disregard their wishes???
    I'd be furious if I was having a dress made and the designer did what they wanted rather than my preference. But that doesn't seem to matter to the judges.
    Josh made his client look like Shirley Temple.
    Uli is the only one there who has any taste whatsoever. And she usually produces a more finished product.

I hate Lifetime and what they have done.
    Babbred likes this.

FORT Fogey

I, too, was stunned at Issac's reaction to Anthony Ryan's dress. It could not have been more hideous! I don't believe for one minute that he really loved that dress. He loves the boy who made it.

Both Emilio and Anthony Ryan should have been eliminated.

I would love to see Uli win for 2 reasons, she is my favorite and it would tell us this was not rigged for AR to win.

I am curious as to why the woman needed a service dog. If she felt unsteady on her feet (unlikely) the dog would be of no help. A cane would be the obvious answer.
    Kocky_Kamikaze likes this.

I really wasn't impressed with any of the dresses.

Emilio really could have done better. In fact, we've all seen him do way better! It seemed as if he was on some sort of design/imagination sputter! I don't understand why that dress was tailored the way it was. Is he so used to fitting skinny models that normal-sized women confound him? And what was up with the hairstyle??? I say hang the hairdresser on the highest branch of a sour apple tree! Yuk!

AR's dress was nothing more than an ombre muumuu with the world's most ugliest and ill-sewn straps on it! Did he honestly think that putting a wide piece of grosgrain trim under an already ample bust is really that flattering?? Maybe if she's a size 2, and even still, it's just an unflattering muumuu!

Uli made a pretty Miami Uli Dress that now could have been purchased at any Macy's, Dress Barn, and JC Penney. If I see one more white dress from her I'm going to go to the studio and toss her off the runway!

I think Josh's dress was "better" mostly because of his client's bold personality. And it was good to see him out of his mix-match wife beater and shorts. I guess he's trying to make that look his signature look? Crazy signatures only work for Betsy Johnson, and he, my dearies, is no Betsy Johnson!
    Babbred likes this.
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

I loved Emilio's sketch- fun and flirty in a nice color with a full "twirly" skirt. The final product looked cheap. Aside from the back, it looked like any dress you could wear to the office- there was nothing special about it. I liked the back- but it didn't fit her well and it pulled and gapped in all the wrong places. I understand he had to redo the entire top....but it certainly showed. I still liked the color.

Uli: I really liked her dress, but it was just another Uli Dress. I wonder what she would have come up with had Jessica not complimented the green one Uli was wearing at the time (which I did really like!). Even though I thought Jessica looked great in it and it was designed well, it didn't surprise me in any way- it was typical Uli. I also find it really hard to believe in the entire store that is Mood she couldn't find a single bolt of purple print. Really? That store is huuuuuuuge!

AR- Ok, the dress was aweful- I think we all agree about that. From the long angle where the judges sit, it was a taaaad better, but the close-up waist shot we (the viewers) kept getting it was All Boob TV. Not a great look. I have an ample bust (maybe even more ample than hers) and there is no way I would wear that- not ever. All it did was make them look bigger and more pronounced- the exact opposite of what she asked for. She seemed to be ok with it, but I wonder if she was just saying that to be polite. I think this was the 'feel good' show and I knew no one would be sent home from the beginning. I don't think the producers wanted any of the veterens to feel like their dress was the 'loser', especially if the worst one was a woman a little bigger than the others. That wouldn't have made her feel any better about the few pounds she said she gained after her injury.

Josh: I loved this dress and loved that Josh toned it down a notch. I do think it was a bit short for a woman not in her 20's or 30's anymore, but I think that was to show off her prosthetic- which is very cool- so I'll let it slide. When I saw Josh dying scads and scads of fabric I thought, "oh no- she's going to look like Jane of the Jungle!", but he ended up being very tasteful with the print and only used it to accent the dress. I'm surprised it wasn't mentioned on the runway that he dyed it himself. Maybe it was and was edited out. Loved her beautiful dog too. He may be a service dog for something other than her leg- you never know. There are plenty of service dogs for things you can't see, such as epilepsy, brain trauma, and vision/hearing issues.
    Last edited by Maybaybie; 01-04-2013 at 08:22 AM.

I wonder why Anthony Ryan didn't advise his client that by wearing a long dress to hide you have added a few pounds just yells "Hey I am Fat Lady hiding behind a mumu". She wants to hide her boobs, show no decolletage and yet wants strapless, then during the fitting mentions that she will have to wear a strapless bra under the dress? Is she mentally challenged? What an idiot. What surprised me in the initial client interview in her tshirt the client didn't look that "chesty" but that dress looked as if it added 10 inches to her chest. It was horrible and needed to be burned. Oh, she would have done herself a huge favor by having a straps on that dress and making it knee length. Using white fabric as strapping was just emphasizing the "black hole boobs".

That being said I just wish AR and Emilio were sent home I don't know if I can stay 2 more episodes of this season it is killing me.
    dzigner, wannasee and Babbred like this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie View Post
    I loved Emilio's sketch- fun and flirty in a nice color with a full "twirly" skirt. The final product looked cheap. Aside from the back, it looked like any dress you could wear to the office- there was nothing special about it. I liked the back- but it didn't fit her well and it pulled and gapped in all the wrong places. I understand he had to redo the entire top....but it certainly showed. I still liked the color.

Uli: I really liked her dress, but it was just another Uli Dress. I wonder what she would have come up with had Jessica not complimented the green one Uli was wearing at the time (which I did really like!). Even though I thought Jessica looked great in it and it was designed well, it didn't surprise me in any way- it was typical Uli. I also find it really hard to believe in the entire store that is Mood she couldn't find a single bolt of purple print. Really? That store is huuuuuuuge!

AR- Ok, the dress was aweful- I think we all agree about that. From the long angle where the judges sit, it was a taaaad better, but the close-up waist shot we (the viewers) kept getting it was All Boob TV. Not a great look. I have an ample bust (maybe even more ample than hers) and there is no way I would wear that- not ever. All it did was make them look bigger and more pronounced- the exact opposite of what she asked for. She seemed to be ok with it, but I wonder if she was just saying that to be polite. I think this was the 'feel good' show and I knew no one would be sent home from the beginning. I don't think the producers wanted any of the veterens to feel like their dress was the 'loser', especially if the worst one was a woman a little bigger than the others. That wouldn't have made her feel any better about the few pounds she said she gained after her injury.

Josh: I loved this dress and loved that Josh toned it down a notch. I do think it was a bit short for a woman not in her 20's or 30's anymore, but I think that was to show off her prosthetic- which is very cool- so I'll let it slide. When I saw Josh dying scads and scads of fabric I thought, "oh no- she's going to look like Jane of the Jungle!", but he ended up being very tasteful with the print and only used it to accent the dress. I'm surprised it wasn't mentioned on the runway that he dyed it himself. Maybe it was and was edited out. Loved her beautiful dog too. He may be a service dog for something other than her leg- you never know. There are plenty of service dogs for things you can't see, such as epilepsy, brain trauma, and vision/hearing issues.
    If Emilio had created the dress he had sketched it would have been terrific it looked fun and floaty. I think his fabric choice killed him.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I, too, was stunned at Issac's reaction to Anthony Ryan's dress. It could not have been more hideous! I don't believe for one minute that he really loved that dress. He loves the boy who made it.

Both Emilio and Anthony Ryan should have been eliminated.

I would love to see Uli win for 2 reasons, she is my favorite and it would tell us this was not rigged for AR to win.
    Well if AR DOES win we will definitely know when and where it showed it was rigged. And I'll be honest - she who shall not be named NEVER made something that hideous. If he wins, SHE will no longer be the worst winner ever.

I don't know though how AR was supposedly "robbed" his season though in order to give him this win as redemption though. Emilio I know some people think should've won over Seth Aaron (and it was close), some think Uli was robbed from showing in the final runway, and Joshua... well... he did earn his right to go home but his work was stronger overall than a few of the designers.

I am curious as to why the woman needed a service dog. If she felt unsteady on her feet (unlikely) the dog would be of no help. A cane would be the obvious answer.
    Service dog I feel must be for something like Epilepsy - she mentioned a blood clot and then having the case where she was on death watch. You can have a service dog and not be blind or deaf - as you can have a service dog and it be a tiny dog and not necessarily a golden retriever.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    I haven't seen this episode yet and probably shouldn't do any posting about it....but like I said last week, I'm almost insulted by what Lifetime presents us. Once again, this is Project Runway ALLSTARS....which I guess now translates into meaning only..."people who have been here before." It can not possibly mean that these were the Best of the Best.
    Yeah, and this season moreso than first one.

Emilio...who seems to always be "The Golden Child," for no reason that's apparent to me...this was an utterly simple pattern of dress with nothing that shows any talent or creativity.
    He's been that way since he nearly sent his model down the runway nude with that washer bikini. He still claims - or feels - that SA shouldn't have won over him, though SA constantly had excellent designs and his final runway was stronger. Honestly SA was the only good Lifetime winner until Dimitry won this current regular season.

Josh often angers me with his total disregard for decorum. I understand that artistic fashion designers do not dress like the rest of us but Josh seems to want to deliberately look as odd and inappropriate as possible....everywhere.
    I don't have a problem with that - as long as he doesn't traverse it to his client and make THEM look as ridiculous as possible. Mondo's style actually disturbed me more with the "kid with the lollypop and short shorts sailor outfit" style.

Uli's seemed typical of a Uli-design....and I like her taste..even tho they are not my style.
    Uli's case this is what the client wanted, and it did transform said client. She has shown a larger range out of the four to me that all worked, so this didn't bother me. More of her Uli-traditional designs may but not this challenge. It was perfect for a spring/summer wedding.

Shame on Anthony Ryan....that poor woman looked like she had a watermelon in her bodice. She didn't want that, nor would most women. It was also boring.
    I'm just so angry with what has happened to my very favorite show. It's completely ridiculous....the poorly constructed, lack of creativity and abundance of poor taste they offer us.
    Someone like AR should be taken to task for not honoring/respecting his client's request. What would be the point of talking with the clients, if you disregard their wishes???
    I'd be furious if I was having a dress made and the designer did what they wanted rather than my preference. But that doesn't seem to matter to the judges. [/quote]

Apparently that is Michael Kors' schtick I guess? - because yeah Kors would've torn AR a new one like he did Ven with her dress. Even I know pleats like the ones on her boobs alone made her look more chesty, then add a ribbon UNDER her boobs? All he did was de-emphasize the hips (empire waist), which automatically draws attention to the boobs.

In fact, simple darts over where her chest was and keeping the fabric flat as well as a lower waist would've done the trick.

I wish the young lady told the judges how she truly felt like the one girl did on Ven.

Yep - Ivy's dress last week was MUCH MUCH better, I think would've been elegant on this woman, and most know I wasn't fond of Ivy.

Josh made his client look like Shirley Temple.
    While I agree he could've made the skirt a tad longer or a dress, he respected the client's wishes, so I can't fault him for it. And it did look nice on her in my eyes.

I do think though it is a little short for a military event.

Uli is the only one there who has any taste whatsoever. And she usually produces a more finished product.
    I do agree with this though - and feel she should've won as it did reflect everything that was up for the challenge.

I hate Lifetime and what they have done.
    I don't, but I do think these all-stars competitions are rigged for the Lifetime contestants as Uli is the only one who wasn't in the Lifetime run of the show now.

Now what they've planned for next season? - oh yeah that is a stupid idea.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast