+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Project Runway - Season Eleven - premieres January 24th @ 9pm

Re: Project Runway - Season Eleven - premieres January 24th @ 9pm

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    The bigger the team, the more drama there will be. Of course, you can have drama with a team of two, especially if one of those two is like last season Elena, who gets along well with NO ONE.

Wondering if:

*the Velvet Bag will be brought back
    *the designers will be allowed to pick teams

or

*the producers have already magically decided who is working together to maximize the stress

Guess we will know in two days!

Bingo! You get the prize! Notice that that's all they have focused on in the previews. As I said in another thread, "It's Survivor with fashion."
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

FORT Fogey

I'm rooting for Gay Hispanic Boy!

Lady with Lap Pool and wife of Maroon 5? Not so much!

Quote Originally Posted by WinkyD View Post
    I'm rooting for Gay Hispanic Boy!

Lady with Lap Pool and wife of Maroon 5? Not so much!
    sister not wife and not sister wife.
    Little Sew&Sew likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

My two early favorites are Hudson and Martinez. I like their aesthetics.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Early fav as "designer": Amanda, Daniel and Benjamin

Early fav as "contestant": Richard, Matthew and Benjamin

Early fav as "person who will stick around far too long": Kate and Michelle

Early fav for "someone who sneaks off in the night or crumbles under pressure": Tu
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

I can't remember the designer's names yet. However, I like the "geek chic" one. I totally admit I'm biased, though, since I was and am a total geek!

As for the show itself, I was pleasantly surprised that everybody worked well together. However, we're already seeing the downside of groups in the Bottom 3. Didn't at least two of them, the ones almost eliminated, say it was because the group had told them to modify their original design? And that one woman made the exact same mistake Hivy did in the All-Stars, of lengthening a print that should have been chopped off. Sheesh.

And Tim, I love you, but I have to disagree on this one. I saw this book last year that said the corporate groupthink is actually lousy for productivity. Not only that, the author said, but true innovation usually comes when the inspired person (artist, inventor) is left alone to create by themselves. She gave as the classic example Steve Jobs, but that made me think of this show. Yes, real world designers have to work with other people. Of course they do. Somebody has to do the grunt work of actually producing the dress and managing the shows! However, the actual design still must come from the designer. They are the ones with the vision for each dress and their overall brand/line/collection. In that sense, they are artists. And I'm sorry, but an artist should be left alone to create.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Even longer episodes to come...pack a lunch...

'Project Runway' Season 11 Expanding in Final Three Episodes
    Lifetime, which will air two-hour installments leading up to the April 25 finale, also has set a reunion special for May 2.

4:40 PM PDT 4/3/2013 by Kimberly Nordyke

Project Runway is getting supersized.

Lifetime said Wednesday that it will air expanded two-hour episodes leading up to the season 11 finale April 25 (that's a half-hour expansion over the typically 90-minute first-run episodes).

Additionally, a reunion special, hosted by Marie Claire senior fashion editor Zanna Roberts Rassi, will air at 9 p.m. May 2, with all 16 designers taking part.

As previously announced, Michael Kors -- who sat out as a judge this season due to other commitments -- will return as a judge for the finale alongside Heidi Klum, Nina Garcia and Zac Posen, who replaced Kors this season.

Two-hour episodes will air from 9-11 p.m. Thursday for three straight weeks starting April 11, when John Legend serves as guest judge and helps decide which designers get to show collections at Fashion Week. That episode also will see the remaining designers travel to Paris, Barcelona, Berlin and London to get inspiration for the final challenge.

The two-part finale, starting April 18, will again see mentor Tim Gunn travel to the designers' hometown to offer guidance on their collections. The final runway show at Lincoln Center and naming of the winner will air the following week.

This season’s victorious winner will receive $100,000 from L’Oréal Paris to start his or her own line, a fashion spread in Marie Claire, a 2013 Lexus GS 350, a $50,000 technology suite by HP and Intel and the opportunity to design and sell an exclusive collection at Lord & Taylor.

This week's episode, meanwhile, will feature Dallas star Jordana Brewster as guest judge. The designers are tasked with an creating editorial-worthy look for Brewster to war in the May issue of Marie Claire.

Project Runway is produced by The Weinstein Co., Miramax Films, Bunim-Murray Productions and Full Picture Entertainment.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

This week's episode, meanwhile, will feature Dallas star Jordana Brewster as guest judge. The designers are tasked with an creating editorial-worthy look for Brewster to war in the May issue of Marie Claire.
    She's going to war with Marie Claire?

Tacking on another 30 minutes, especially in the final episodes, will be good. First of all, not so rushed, and second they are TRAVELING! yeah. That should be both interesting and fun!
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234