+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: 11/29 All Stars 2 - Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Re: 11/29 All Stars 2 - Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

Kayne was perhaps my favorite CONTESTANT, while Uli is my favorite designer. Thought she should have won and he should have been safe. He was rightfully in the bottom, but LK should have gone home. Hers was ugly as well as poorly sewn.
    Shoepie likes this.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Why was there no PR last week? Anyway I agree that Ivy should have been in the bottom 3 instead of Casanova. But I think they chose Casanova because he missed the androgynous part of the challenge entirely. I really thought Laura was the one out and was quite surprised that Kayne got the boot instead. Laura's was uninspired and wasn't tailored well at all. I think the decision was based on the fact that Kayne has been in the bottom too many times.

Thanksgiving Day.

I have nothing to say about what went down the runway as I'm perplexed. I didn't see androgynous or avante garde. The only one who came closest was Emilio so I'm happy he was recognized with a win.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fogey

I didn't like this challenge at all. I didn't even like Emilio dressing his models in the exact same thing. Made no sense to me.

I didn't like the challenge either. I'm not all that fond of avant garde and I despise androgynous clothing. That being said, I did what both Emilio and Uli did.
    justCoz likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

FORT Fogey

Here's my problem with androgynous styling: inevitably, it ends up meaning dressing the woman to look like a guy. I don't have anything against menswear on women, but shouldn't androgynous mean that the guy should end up wearing something that looks more feminine too? To me, Emilio's models were just more or less dressed alike, in an essentially menswear kind of way, from the hat on down. The women's outfit was tailored in a slightly more feminine way but that was about it. On the other hand, Uli's clothes, as one of the judges mentioned, really did look mix and match--the outfits were different, but some of what the male model was wearing could easily have seemed more typical of women's wear and vice versa, and either of them could have worn the different pieces easily (provided they were in the appropriate sizes, of course). To me, that meant that Uli did a better job of interpreting androgynous in a fresh way. I didn't dislike Emilio's looks. I just didn't think there was anything new, much less avant garde, about what he did in terms of interpreting the term androgynous.
    dzigner and wannasee like this.

Finally caught this, Hulu didn't queue it up. I...have to say I loved the idea of the episode but not sure what I think of the clothing. I like Anthony Ryan a lot, and while he did copy some of his same lines I liked that he put his original, women's gown on his male model. Thought Emilio was dead on in leaving doubt as to which was the man and which the woman model but as said already, it wasn't avante gard. Overall, I'd have gone with Uli to win, definitely mix and matchable, as said above.

For the bottom three...Casanova - not androgynous and not appealing, to me. Kayne - so basically, if he'd sent the female model down bare instead of with that hideous top, he'd have been ok? But Laura Kathleen, whose outfit "everything was wrong with" stayed? I guess it's as already posted, Kayne had been too much in the bottom but his outfits were better than LK's IMO.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12