+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: 11/15 All Stars 2 - Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

11/15 All Stars 2 - Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

Forum threads will be opened after the show finishes airing on the West Coast (10:00PM PT / 1:00AM ET)

Enjoy the show!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Re: 11/15 All Stars 2 - Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

The dress the host model is wearing for elimination is one of the ugliest things I have seen on this show!!

I'm glad Anthony Ryan won, but I'm a little surprised it wasn't Ivy considering AR's was similar to other stuff he has done.

Poor Andre, the judges are so harsh with him.
    Last edited by ClosetRTWatcher; 11-15-2012 at 11:14 PM.
    wannasee likes this.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    The dress the host model is wearing for elimination is one of the ugliest things I have seen on this show!!
    The whole judging panel was off! NotHeidi was in some cheap Star Trek rip off dress, Georgina was wearing something apropos of an ice skater, Isaac's leopard print tie was fugly, Teen Blogger was too on the nose hipster doofus, and Charlotte Ronson looked like she just woke up, couldn't find a hair brush and fashioned old lady curtains into an outfit. All of their taste levels are questionable.

I don't get the love for Emilio's dress; it's like something you'd wear to shoplift fourteen turkeys out of the grocery store.

I almost missed out on the end and Andre's elimination because my DVR did the weird thing again where it switched to record Showtime for about 45 seconds, both at the start and at the end. Imagine my surprise when Joan Rivers popped up! Though, she'd make a better guest judge than this latest group.
    Shoepie likes this.

I think Anthony Ryan's won out over Ivy's because both created dresses that were similar to earlier in the season; however, Ivy's was much MUCH clearer it was an earlier dress in my honest opinion. It was a longer version of her '70s retro dress.

Emilio's was odd, but at least he was inspired by his photo. (Then again, I'm happy as long as he doesn't do another washer bikini).

And I personally liked Joshua's Rainbow Brite outfit, but I am someone who likes those bright bold designs.

What is sad though is you can tell which designers were on Bravo and the ones on Lifetime based on their pacing. The ones on Bravo could take their time and create phenominal designs while the Lifetime ones learned to design on limited time frames.

Even there you can tell the effect - example Bert and Gordana's dresses for Saks Fifth Avenue. Both were weaker designers overall in their seasons but with more time they outshined the winning look on the 10th anniversary challenge.

I can't say as I was in love with any of their outfits...and I don't remember LauraKathleen being such a (bleep) her first season. Maybe my memory is failing me...but I'm really not fond of her this time around.

I thought Emilio's dress looked a big, shapeless bag walking down the runway. I could not believe he was in the top designer group.

Joshua was just lucky that Andre's look was so scattered.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie View Post
    I can't say as I was in love with any of their outfits...and I don't remember LauraKathleen being such a (bleep) her first season. Maybe my memory is failing me...but I'm really not fond of her this time around.
    I barely remember Laura Kathleen from her prior season, but she's getting on my last nerve this time around. She's just so rude and condescending that I don't even care if she can design or not. Even her voice is starting to bug me.

I felt bad for Andre. He really did design some nice things in his season on Bravo, and he's the kind of guy I think it would be fun to work with, if I actually were the sort of person who had the cash and/or reason to have someone design for me. I think he'd take into consideration what the customer wanted, and he has a sense of humor and is relatively easy-going. I'd certainly rather deal with him than Laura Kathleen.

Really, the main thing this all-stars season is doing for me is making me long for the days when PR was on Bravo. It was so much better then.

And I completely hated what notHeidi was wearing. It was hideous--looked like something someone would wear if they were pretending to be Madonna for Halloween. It's hard to take seriously any conversation about what women would really wear when one of the participants is wearing that.

FORT Newbie

Weird enough - Laura is the new Ivy!
    Although, I have seen her few interviews - and the work she does outside this whole PR thing -
    and I must add that the whole 'drama-bitch' thing sounds like something they'd cook up in the editing room!
    Anyone else feels that this season is quite 'fake'? Every thing seems so scripted - almost cringe-worthy...

I am glad Andre is finally out - I am sorry but I did not like anything he designed!
    And he's been lucky enough to be saved twice...:/
    He seems nice - But not good!
    Dragonlady likes this.

Ugliest was the brown pant thing. I know they must try new things before they actually get on the show. This looks like a not tried, ugly thing.

Andrae--love him; I think he gets emotional. I get emotional. He really would not hurt a flea. And most of his clothes have been beautiful. His estethic is romance. I think there was just a little confusion here and there.

All the designers are performing.

My favorite--Uli girl
    You can do it!

FORT Fogey

I think it was Josh who said that he did not see Andre as a designer but rather a personality. I agree! I was sorry to see him go because he entertains me tremendously. I find him fascinating.

Laura's dress was by far the best, to me. She did a great job on dying the fabric. I loved, loved, loved it.

When Emilo was chosen to stay I thought he would be in the bottom three. That would be a "what were you thinking" if someone wore that on the red carpet. I can hear the comments on Fashion Police now. Kelly would not even approve.

I didn't like Anthony Ryan's winning dress. The white skirt went too high giving his model an odd overall look. It was not flattering.

I prefered some of the safe designers work. Casanova and Uli did a good job. Uli's color choice was not good but the dress was beautiful.

Tavi (16 yr old blogger). I liked her and thought she had most relevant comments. I would like to see her come back again.

Charlotte Ronson. Her hair and make up were terrible. To pull off messy hair you have to dress the part and mess your hair hair more to avoid the I forgot to brush my hair look.

NotHeidi's dress was terrible.

Josh showed a softer side when he was talking to Laura about her not being liked.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast