+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: 9/27 Show Discussion Thread **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 9/27 Show Discussion Thread **West Coast Spoilers**

I really wished I could have seen Ven in this challenge. Dimitry was hilarious. I thought the fake babies were annoying. I think the producers jacked with them so they would cry like that. I liked all the boys outfits. Dimitry's outfit I liked the least of the boys, but when my boys were that little they would have loved it, especially the part that turned into a cape. Christophers was ok. It was impratical and I would not have bought it (or any of Heidi's line for that matter) for any of my daughters. Melissa should have gone home just for the exposed diaper, but I do agree with the person that posted that no one should have gone home due to the idiotic challenge. This was probably the worst challenge in project runway history. I think they could have done better if they had gotten to use their own fabrics and if they hadn't had to deal with the fake babies. I thought Heidi chose terrible fabrics and it is no ones fault but Heidi's. I also didn't need to see a one and a half hour commercial for Heidi's line or Baby's R Us. I thought Tim was cute taking the babies to day care.

The fake babies were a nusance for both the designers and the viewers, IMO. Stupid.

That said, I honestly believe Melissa should have been given the boot. BIG TIME!!!
    AZChristian likes this.

9/27 Show Discussion Thread **West Coast Spoilers**

Omg those fake babies wore me out. All the crying at the same time was just a bit much. How silly to add that twist!

It was an entertaining episode but add me to the list of those who think no one should have gone home. Since it was an elimination, I think Melissa's was the worst; add her very poor time management (all the help she's gotten from the others, having the mom sew on the button?) and stressing over nothing - and everything - I'm way over her. Only thing I would give her were those initial pink leggings - Heidi, there's a reason you've seen them...they work and people buy them. Sometimes a different fabric/print is enough. I'm in the minority but I actually liked Elena's look better than at least three others, and while a jacket can be difficult for any baby, I thought it was very cute and I see color combinations like the green and pink all the time. Don't get the harshness and really wonder what more happened with Nina. Liked Fabio's more than Sonjie's, I'd have given him the win. Not sure on the girl's but likely would have gone with Elena by default. The other two were that impractical. Dmitry's was fun, that hood was goofy but the zip-out to cape was interesting. I think he was a little delusional about it being the best, though.

Re: The Project Runway Weekly Rundown Thread * No comments, please! *

I think this was a waste. They shouldn't be subjecting these designers to design for items that are really 'throw away clothes' - you wash them, they grow out of them, you give them to a friend....not high fashion. Not fashion at all.
    ness, AZChristian and jucamer like this.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Thoughts and observations . . .

They could've kept this one.

Not only do I think it was ridiculous to have the designers working on baby clothes, in the first place, I have also LONG been over show hosts using their shows to promote whatever side projects they've got going.

OK. So, Heidi's New Balance challenge WASN'T that bad, I suppose. But the babies? Please. I don't think I would've been surprised if the designers had staged a mutiny behind this. ITA with what beerbelly just said.

And those MECHANICAL babies?

Please.

The basic design of Dmitry's was OK. But I couldn't figure out what was up with the Conehead hood and the three-quarter-length legs on the outfit. Liked the colors, but I think he missed the mark with the hood and the legs on the outfit.

I liked Christopher's little dress with the flowers on it. The mom was the one who insisted on the white. God only knows why. Idiot. As for the removable flowers, the only reason I'd see to have them be removable would be if they came with a packet or two or differently-colored flowers, so you could snap 'em on and off to change the color scheme of the dress. But really, what parent of a toddler has the time and/or energy to fool with doing that, anyway? Not real practical from that standpoint.

Elena's. Is this woman struck colorblind when she moves out of her usual neutral palette? Wow. The jacket was cute, but getting a toddler in and out of that quickly, if you had to? Like Nina said? I. Don't. Think. So.

Fabio's. Loved it! Liked the design, the little cap, and the colors. The shortened legs AND sleeves worked together and made sense, on this one.

Melissa's. No. Just. NO. If they HAD to send somebody home, then it should've been TWO somebodies. Elena AND Melissa.

Sonjia's. Cute. But I DID like Fabio's better. I think the only reason she came up with this was that the mom insisted that she liked to dress her and her son up on the weekends (?!?). Based on that, she knocked it out of the park, I guess. But personally, I STILL preferred Fabio's.

This was just so wrong on so many levels.

Designing for babies? And telling them to listen to what the mothers were saying they wanted for their kids? THEN turning around during the construction of the garments to question what the designers were making when they'd been TOLD TO LISTEN TO WHAT THE MOTHERS WERE SAYING THEY WANTED TO HAVE THEIR CHILDREN OUTFITTED IN? AND THEY WERE DOING THAT? Those mechanical babies that just mysteriously seemed to have dry diapers, full bellies and NOT need rocking when Heidi and Tim showed up? Throwing in outfits for the moms? BUT the focus was supposed to be on what outfits the BABIES had on? THEN seriously critiquing the moms' outfits, too?

Heidi and TPTB need to be shot, for this one.

Oh, and if Ven HAD been around for this one, after running through the wall in shock, whatcha wanna bet that REGARDLESS of WHAT the mom would've said she wanted her child put in, the child would've wound up toddling down the runway in a little outfit bedecked with mini origami roses?

Boy OR girl???
    Last edited by ness; 09-30-2012 at 03:21 AM.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

I so miss the Project Runway that used to be.
    I still get excited when I have a new one recorded and then ALWAYS disappointed.
    What was wrong with the old formula of letting creative designers create some new, wonderful and interesting fashion ??!!! I thought that was what the premise was all about and now it's more like some reality show like Amazing Race, Fear Factor, Wipe Out, etc.

It's becoming demeaning to these talented people....
    Who would watch Top Chef if they had to create a fab dish while taking care of a fake baby?
    Lifetime is effectively destroying a great show that once showcased real talent.

I hate what they've done.

It's NOT a game show. It's supposed to showcase new upcoming talented people, not see how they can cope with stressful situations or horribly inadequate time limits.

I have to stop because I'm becoming more and more upset as I think what they've done to make a fine show into something silly and ridiculous. I miss it so much.
    Last edited by Dragonlady; 09-30-2012 at 04:21 AM.

I came back here to FORT tonight and happened to re-read my/this last post & I'm happy to say that I still feel exactly the same way & even more incensed about the "game change" they foisted on
    us faithful viewers. I am not one bit interested in their child-rearing styles & ability to handle pressure....Just who doesn't have pressure when working??...no matter what you do.
    I want to see how good they are at making clothes...at The Fashion Institute for a Fashion Runway for Fashion Week......
    I am not watching the Gerber Baby & Me Group....and oh, by the way, I made a dress........ or whatever named baby-themed thing.
    I can watch Toddlers & Tiaras or Honey Boo boo..if I want to see kids.
    If they don't have enough time and no dumb distractions, we could actually see something that we all loved, wanted and was really great. When was the last time we saw some
    creation that wow-ed us? We now have to judge "kinda-good, ok, not-so-great, so-so" to see which is best....of the worst.

Guess I'm still upset at Lifetime.
    Last edited by Dragonlady; 10-01-2012 at 01:06 AM.

Well...while I agree the whole fake baby thing was silly and unnecessary, this show is entertainment to me and boy did that entertain me. The facial expressions and one-liners, particularly from Dmitry and Elena, just cracked me up. And Tim taking all the babies away? Gold! So I agree with those who say these designers shouldn't be subjected to gimmicks if they expect them to make good clothing, but the viewer in me loved the comedy.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    Well...while I agree the whole fake baby thing was silly and unnecessary, this show is entertainment to me and boy did that entertain me. The facial expressions and one-liners, particularly from Dmitry and Elena, just cracked me up. And Tim taking all the babies away? Gold! So I agree with those who say these designers shouldn't be subjected to gimmicks if they expect them to make good clothing, but the viewer in me loved the comedy.
    I went back and actually watched the episode today, and I see what you mean. No, I still think this was a pointless challenge and the crying babies just a stunt. You're spot on, though, about the reactions. Dmitry's deadpan "Oh I forgot. I'm a father now" made me LOL. And I just melted when Tim said "And what an adorable runway it will be, too!" to that toddler. Aahhh! And he was right. That runway show was just so adorable, and seeing the judges and designers interact with the pint-sized "clients" was just precious. I wish I could have been there!

Now for my revised opinions on the fashions:

Loved the mother's dress that Christopher made, as well as the toddler dress. I did agree with the judges that the jacket was a little too much, but overall I'm glad he won.

Fabio's toddler outfit was really cute. I would gladly have made him the second winner.

Dmitry's child outfift wasn't bad, but not as good as the other two guys.

As for the girls, Elena was robbed. There was no way that her outfit was the worst. I actually liked hers the best out of the girls, and would have ranked her in the Top 3. Normally I don't like ungraciousness in a winner, but I really did sympathize with Elena. She'd been screwed and she knew it, especially after witnessing Melissa's bad behavior in the workroom. I would have been hard pressed to be nice, too.

Why in the heck wasn't Melissa sent home? For Pete's sake, all she did was throw a piece of white cloth on her baby. And white?? I have a 4-year-old niece and 1-year-old nephew, and there is no way I would dress either of them in white. And it was too short. And, as somebody here said, her atrocious time management skills. Asking the client to sew part of the dress?? Really? By far she was the worst designer this week.

I didn't mind Sonjia's kid outfit; in fact, I thought the design was cute. I didn't like the material, though. That gray sweatpant stuff she used just looked blah compared to the other outfits. And her mother's dress was the worst.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast