+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: 9/27 Show Discussion Thread **West Coast Spoilers**

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Re: 9/27 Show Discussion Thread **West Coast Spoilers**

Based on what I read here, I didn't even bother to watch the episode. This show is going downhill fast for me.

ETA - just looked at the pictures. I can't believe Melissa didn't go home for that hot mess. Although, IMO, NO ONE should have gone home, just because the concept of the episode was so stupid.

(I know . . . I need to stop sugar-coating my opinions.)

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Sheesh, this episode...I think the show has officially jumped the shark.

I don't mind the designers having to make fashions for babies because that is a big market. HOWEVER, I don't see how caring for a fake baby is going to make them better at designing kids' fashions. All it did was cause disruption and cut into their time to work on their outfits. How about taking the designers, moms and kids on a playdate so they could spend time talking with the moms about what they'd like for their kids and see how the kids move around? If they had to do the fake baby thing, have it the night before the challenge and then take them away one the designers need to get to work so they can concentrate.

Did anyone else think Dmitry's kid looked enough like him to be his? I did. lol! Even before Heidi said it, I was thinking the hood on his kid's outfit made it look like a crayon. I'm a fan of Dmitry but I didn't like this look. The hood was too weird for me.

As much as I dislike Elena's style and was glad to see her go before the Fashion Week challenge, I didn't think she had the worst outfit this week. Michael Kors mentioned that all the fabrics Melissa got were wrong and they all commented about how her baby's diaper kept showing. None of the other designers had that problem. I thought for sure Melissa should have gone home this week.

I wasn't thrilled with Christopher's outfit but when I remember who he was up against (Elena and Melissa), I could see why the judges picked his outfit as the best baby girl look.

I also didn't care for Sonjia's look. It was well executed but I have a problem with dressing children, especially babies, in clothes like adults would wear. Kids have so little time to be kids and discover who they are. They don't need their parents pushing them to be little adults and modeling them after the career they want them to have in the future (i.e., the little executive). Plus, by making an outfit like that, I felt like she was missing the point of the challenge. They weren't to make mini version of adult fashions. They were to make KIDS wear! That's a whole different ballpark.

The best part of the episode was Tim taking the kids to daycare. lol!! I wish Tim was my dad.

Thank goodness there isn't much of this season left. I'm looking forward to All-Stars 2 and hoping it will be better.

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    The best part of the episode was Tim taking the kids to daycare. lol!! I wish Tim was my dad.

And at the end when he was teasing Elaina with the "bleep, bleep, bleep, bleep, bleep, bleep" I thought that was great! And she laughed too.
    dzigner, justCoz and jucamer like this.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

I agree with you Pikachu! Dmitry and that little boy (Arjun) had the same hair!

All of the kids were so cute. The Mom's were mostly all good sports - with the exception of the one Christopher had to work with. Lady, if you were REALLY that picky, you'd do something about that tattoo!

I guess the challenge was more about what the MOM would want to see their kid in. If it had been about what the KID wanted to wear, Dmitry would have won.

Not sorry to see Elena go . . . long overdue if you ask me.

I totally would have purchased Christopher's dress for my daughter had it been around 20 years ago. I'm wondering how many die-hard PR fans are gonna buy one of these items without having a kid to put it on.

The artificial babies were definitely remote controlled (by a sadist). Between Christopher's exasperated "Why?" and Dmitry's "I barely had time to put my pants on", I enjoyed the episode. Mom's of babies that age are just glad to be able to sit down long enough to pee in peace and quiet.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

They should have thrown the fake, annoying babies out with the bathwater! IF they had had time to think, perhaps things would have gone smoother for them. But...this is an entertainment show and they milked the frustrated designers for all the entertainment they could get this episode.

The real toddlers were cute as buttons. Yes, Melissa made a simple dress out of (white!) cotton that crinkled, but they were all provided materials and accessories from Heidi's line. I don't think she should have been slammed for that, but the dress was too short so the diaper cover showed. Now, if she had made a cute and colorful diaper cover to go with it, that would have made a statement. Both hers and Elena's jackets looked uncomfortable and would only fit the toddler for about a month tops - what with the tight shoulders. However, I liked Elena's pattern and color combos. I thought they looked eclectic - like something a trendy, if not fashion forward, city baby would wear.

I did love the separates for the winning look Sonjia designed, and the little boy was too cute to bear. Dmitry's red onesie with the pointed hat looked like an old fashion blanket onesie the child had grown out of, or a Halloween costume with the pointed hood. I loved the sailor onesie Fabio put together. It was proportioned correctly so that it did look like separates. Christopher's dress, while adorable, would be a frustrating mess to keep clean. You would probably have to send it out to the cleaners rather than wash it (hand wash it and not machine wash it.)

Except for them running out of ideas other than promotional - this time with Heidi introducing her children's line to the nation - this season has shown its droopy edges...much like a sleepy toddler with droopy diapers. C'mon Producers! Wake Up! Sesame Street is ON!
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I though all three of the boys' outfits were very good and something I would have bought for my children to wear. I thought all three of the girls' designs were terrible and felt sorry that they were compelled to pick a girl design winner and that both of the bottom two deserved elimination.
    pikachu likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Yes, they could have more easily picked two winners from the boys' outfits. Christopher's outfit for the baby was ok but Heidi had mentioned when describing her line that it was casual clothes. His outfit was a bit too dressy for day to day wear. And I agreed with the mom that her dress looked like a bad, retro tablecloth. His only saving grace was that at least Elena and Melissa did worse than him.

This challenge was awful. It felt like it was set up simply because Heidi wanted to pimp her line of baby clothes. IMO babies do not need designer clothes, period. When my kids were babies I wanted them in clothes that were cute, practical, and washable. NO WHITE because it just isn't washable enough and I never wanted to be one of those moms who is always saying "don't do that, you'll get dirty" - kids get dirty, they are washable and their clothes should be as well!

The fake baby thing was SO unnecessary! First of all, I don't care. I want to see designers be able to focus on their work. It is bad enough that they have such a short amount of time! Second of all, we really only saw the footage of the babies crying and it made it look like the designers were spending the majority of their time dealing with them. My son brought one of them home and I had to "babysit" it for several hours one day when he worked. There is a method to them, so they aren't that hard to deal with. They start crying, you use a sensor to acknowledge you are attending to them, then you cycle through the possible reasons - diaper, feeding, or rocking. The baby makes a "happy noise" when you have found the right solution and goes back to "sleep". If you attend to them properly they NEVER will get to the volume of screaming we were hearing during the show. They are also very sensitive to how they are handled and will record "abuse" if they are handled inappropriately (for example, if they are neglected or the neck is not supported). Their handling of these babies really didn't seem to be part of the challenge, so really they were simply put there to be an annoyance.

Now on to the designs:
    GIRLS LOOKS
    Christopher - The dress and jacket were cute, but it was white which would have kept me from buying it. I thought the flowers were cute, but by the time the girl had been held and put down, they were all rumpled looking. It doesn't seem like a dress that would hold up well.

Elena - I thought her jacket was pretty cute. And the top and pants were coordinated to the flowers on the jacket. I didn't get "sample sale" from the outfit at all. I didn't think Elena would win, but I definitely don't think she should have been eliminated for this. I'm also sad to see her go just when she has started growing on me!

Melissa - Yea, the vest was cute but that dress was ridiculous. It would be absurd to have a dress that you couldn't keep down over the diaper. Based on this challenge, I think she should have been the one to go. I think the judges kept her around because over time she has been stronger than Elena.

BOYS LOOKS
    Fabio - Cute and practical. I thought he should have won for the boys outfits.

Sonjia - It was okay, but I really hated the tank top under the suit jacket. If it had been a t-shirt instead it wouldn't have bothered my so much. That tank was just really low in the front and didn't go well with the outfit IMO. The jacket also seemed impractical to me in the sense that it didn't seem like it would stay on easily because it fastened so low in the front.

Dimitry - Meh. I thought the idea was cute, but not perfectly executed. The hood shape was weird and I didn't like that when the mom put her son down the legs of the pants were skinny enough they they stayed wedged up on his legs instead of dropping back down. It was also a lot of red. If the dominant color had been something like gray it may not have looked so super-hero.

Wow, this may have been the most I have had to say about this show all season.
    PhoneGrrrl and Shoepie like this.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    Based on what I read here, I didn't even bother to watch the episode. This show is going downhill fast for me.

ETA - just looked at the pictures. I can't believe Melissa didn't go home for that hot mess. Although, IMO, NO ONE should have gone home, just because the concept of the episode was so stupid.

(I know . . . I need to stop sugar-coating my opinions.)

Wow. You said everything I was going to say, except for Melissa going home. That's just eerie. After seeing the pics, though, I might go back and watch the runway show. Those babies are just too darn cute!

Speaking of which, I can see why Elena was sent home. From the back it looks like that poor woman's dress is falling off. And Sonjia's outfit stinks, too. It looks like she couldn't finish the skirt so she threw a bedsheet on her client at the last moment.

I wonder what Ven would have done on this challenge. He couldn't have whinged to the other designers because this time there were...let's count 'em...1...2...3...4...5...6 women who had a baby and somehow didn't come out as a size 0 when it was all done. Gasp! Horror! Maybe he would have broken down and fled like Andrea.
    Allie and Dragonlady like this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Watched the last half hour and it was fine. I am disappointed in this season and had absolutely no intention of watching All Stars Season 2 but the premiere teasers of that at least look interesting.
    Allie likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast