+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: 9/6 Show Discussion Thread **West Coast Spoilers**

9/6 Show Discussion Thread **West Coast Spoilers**

"Starving Artist" -- the designers have to sell goods on the street to make money for fabrics for their looks. Not too staged...

Please keep all discussion in here until 10:30PM PT / 1:30 AM ET.

Enjoy the show!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Re: 9/6 Show Discussion Thread **West Coast Spoilers**

Way to go Team Gunnar, Christopher, Sonji! Best collection of the three hands down.
    Allie likes this.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

The three teams were:

Team Dmitry, Elena, and Alicia. They raised $500.

Team Sonjia, Christopher, and Gunnar. They raised $684.00.

Team Ven, Fabio, Melissa. They raised $800.48.

Tim questioned the odd dollar amount and they said somebody gave them all the change they had. It made me think of the dirty joke where the wife sold herself to raise money and came up with something like $400.25 and when the husband asked who gave her the quarter, she said "Everybody!". lol

The challenge was for the teams to create two looks for Fall, one of which had to be outerwear. They were instructed to spend every dime of their money.

Team Sonjia, Christopher, Gunnar wowed the judges the most, with Sonjia being singled out as the winner.

The other two teams looks were not well-received. There was too much discord on Dmitry/Elena/Alicia's team, leading to no cohesion in their looks. Ven/Fabio/Melissa's team, on the contrary, were too nicey-nice to each other and didn't challenge each other to do their best work.

Alicia and Fabio were the bottom two. Alicia was out.
    Last edited by pikachu; 09-06-2012 at 11:52 PM.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

I watched it all. What a predictable snooze-fest. And was Heidi wearing a kinda Ven-like dress on the runway at the start?
    Shoepie and Little Sew&Sew like this.

I had a feeling it would be down to Fabio and Alicia and Alicia is gone. Why in the world she was there in the first place I don't know because all her stuff sucked.

What I don't understand is why Team Alicia/Elana/Dimitry and Team Fabio/Melissa/Ven used that washed out pink mauve color. I always think of fall as cool, rich, jewel tones not pinky washed out mauve. I am so unimpressed with so many of these designers that I wonder why I bother watching at all this season. I do miss Tim's blog, vlog etc... at least with him we got an idea of what the heck the designers were thinking.
    Shoepie likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

I miss Tim's blog, too! I tried doing a websearch for it, hoping maybe he was doing one and I'd missed it, but all I found were old ones he did several seasons back.

Frankly, I didn't love any of the looks this week. The only thing I liked and felt like I hadn't seen before was Sonjia's jacket.

Dmitry's dress was ok but I wasn't sure about the darts on the outside, he's done this look before, and it wasn't all that inventive. I didn't like anything on Melissa's team. It was boring, washed out, cheap, and poorly tailored. Of course she had to throw in the giraffe neckline again on her jacket.

Too many designers doing their same old shtick and not enough innovation. I'm really bored with the designers this season.

I got a kick out of Christopher saying that Dmitry and Elena acted like Boris and Natasha from Rocky and Bullwinkle.

boris02.jpg
    ClosetRTWatcher likes this.
    "Everything you do matters. Every moment, every decision you make it affects the people around you it changes the world in a million imperceptible ways. No matter what your reality, you can make it better." -- Richard Castle

I found it that one team with two prima donnas (Gunnar, Christopher and Sonjia) had the best collection (and one of the best with the stupid time frames they have since they moved to Lifetime) and the other one (Dimitry, ALicia and Elena) the worst.

Well in the judges eyes.

I personally thought Ven, Fabio and Melissa's collection was the worst. Even with the repeat in designs by Dimitry and Elena, they were more visually appealing than the other trio's.

But Alicia didn't even try to stand out - for good or bad - so I can see why she was eliminated.

Must've raised Ven's dander though to hear that the only piece of the set any would wear was Melissa's jacket.

Sonjia deserved the win, but I'd been happy if Christopher got the win for his jacket. They really were the best two pieces of the whole challenge.

Love next week's challenge, but one of those patterns has to be REALLY bad if you get Tim to say what he did. I mean - that one comment had my mouth drop open. (note, I won't say it on here because it just edges a bit impolite).
    Shoepie likes this.

What's happening in next week's episode? I missed the previews tonight.

Christopher, Gunnar and Sonjia ROCKED. I want Sonjia's jacket. And I actually liked all of their pieces. I'm glad she won, but I liked all of their pieces.

From a design standpoint, I totally get why Alicia was out, but God knows, I wish it'd been Elena. Ven did do that "skirt", but he didn't do anything SEVERLY hideous or outrageous that would've put him on a serious firing line, I think. So that saved his butt.

That coat and the tops on Team Melissa, Ven and Fabio just sucked. And I TOTALLY agree with Bearcata about the rose/pink color they used. When I saw it, I was like: "WTF?!"

And I usually like (for the most part) Dmitry's stuff. But those darts on the OUTSIDE of that dress??? Somebody PLEASE tell me what the man'd been smoking. Vaguely, in the cobwebbed vault of my memory, I seem to recall somebody else (?) trying to pull off a darts-on-the-outside-of-the-dress look. And I also seem to recall that it stank back THEN, too.

I'm SO glad Ven got backed out of doing his usual deal on that skirt. What he FINALLY came up with you probably couldn't GIVE away, but that's OK, too. If only 'cause it wasn't his usual deal.

Either he or Elena could go in the next second (although I think Ven's gonna be around for aWHILE, honestly!), and I wouldn't turn a hair or lose any sleep over it.

Karma is STILL stalking him, I think. And her fleas are most likely bothering her, so I think she'll get meaner as this keeps unfolding.
    Last edited by ness; 09-07-2012 at 03:47 AM.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast