+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: 8/30 Show Discussion Thread **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 8/30 Show Discussion Thread **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I couldn't stand Melissa's dress, and yes I did notice the side boobage. It didn't seem to jibe with what the L&T president said about good taste.

I've changed my mind about all the remaining female designers and wish I could replace all of them on my team. I don't see what's wrong with clothes for women that look feminine and I would not choose to wear any of the "edgy" or "androgynous" clothing. To quote the lyrics from the "Flower Drum Song," number, "I enjoy being a girl."
    I agree about Melissa's dress. I definitely think it is a taste issue with her.

Please accept my apologies, y'all . . .

I know this has been mentioned, and I'm sorry . . .

But, going through the pics again just now, I've got to say that I'm BEYOND over seeing these industrial-strength zippers going up the backs of dresses!

TALK about being one-trick ponies!!!!!!!!

I'm surprised the judges haven't called the whole lot of 'em out on this, yet.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Ack! I haaaate those zippers! Fabio's dress this week was fantastic until the model turned around. Just awful. I was glad Michael Kors mentioned it in judging.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    I've got to say that I'm BEYOND over seeing these industrial-strength zippers going up the backs of dresses!
    As am I. I don't care for it and I think it's way overused, particularly on this season. Just stop already!

Loved Christopher's dress and his model couldn't have looked more ethereal or classic. From the complexion to the hair, she was just lovely. If I were 6 feet tall and I had somewhere besides the grocery store to go to, I'd wear that dress in a heartbeat. beat

I loved Dmitry's dress as well, and definitely thought it deserved to be in the top. Glad to see nobody go, though. As the judges said, nobody really missed the mark on the challenge. Plus, they had all those quitters messing with the production timeline so I figured something like this was bound to happen.

I was happy for Christopher, and equally happy that Ven wasn't in the top. Ha.
    ness, Dragonlady and wannasee like this.

I liked Christopher's dress, but girlfriend seriously needed a bra. I hate it when boobs (even small ones) rest somewhere near the bellybutton for the sake of "fashion". Ugh.

And yes, Dmitry was slighted. Again.

I guess I would like to wear the floor length one (in my fancy fantasy life). The short was too short. It looked a little choky too.
    You can do it!

The back of Christopher's gown looks terrible. It looks like the open back wasn't intentional, but rather too tight so it split/ripped open. it accentuated the models shoulder blades in an awkward, unappealing way. I also am sick of everyone using black-its become redundant and `safe.`
    " I have a simple outlook-leave every person I meet with a smile on their face."-Donny

Quote Originally Posted by Jezebella View Post
    I would like to collect $5 every time one of the designers mentions their "aesthetic".
    Especially the ones who pronounce it as if it were spelled, "aestetic," just like those who say, "JEW- le -ree" instead of "JEW -el - ree," or "lon- je- RAY" instead of "lan-je-RIE." Learn correct pronunciation for word that are important in your field. I don't include those for whom English is not their first language."
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234