+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree91Likes

Thread: 8/23 Show Discussion Thread **West Coast Spoilers**

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Re: 8/23 Show Discussion Thread **West Coast Spoilers**

Yeah, I don't get the fan favorite voting. Elena certainly isn't my favorite designer, in terms of her fashions or her personality!

I hadn't voted yet so I went and voted for Dmitry. Honestly, though, I don't really have a clear-cut favorite this season. Everybody's done some good work, some not so great work. I chose Dmitry because he's been the most consistent. I haven't hated anything he's made.
    Last edited by pikachu; 08-29-2012 at 02:01 PM.

FORT Fogey

I wonder if the judges see some of the highlights of the goings-on in the work room prior to the judging. I do recall a few times Heidi asked about an episode.

One thing we have to remember is that several seasons Jeffrey won ( one of the worst winners in PR history so there certainly was an error made). My point is that during the challenge involving relatives of the contestants, Jeffrey worked with someone associated with a gal he did not get along with and he purposely made an ugly dress for her and even said so while sewing.

Not only was he not sent home for that challenge....he won!!!

So I would not expect anything to come of this with Ven

The judges are there to judge the dresses on the runway they normally are unaware of what happens behind the scenes. Occasionally they do ask but the entire story is usually not told.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Terri has started a Facebook page demanding an apology from Project Runway and she'll be getting a makeover and feature spread in Plus Model Magazine. Here's the article I read about it. I intend to go to her Facebook page after work and show my support!

Terri Fights Back

Terri Herlihy, the beautiful young woman who was subjected to Ven Budhu's humiliating treatment on last week's "Fix My Friend" episode has gone public with her experience. Terri tells MSNBC that "...it was so much worse that what was shown":

"Herlily told us that during filming, she was "bullied" into wearing no shoes or accessories. In fact, Herlily said, she and her friend Theo Thomas (the pal who brought her on the show) had to go rummaging in "Runway's" accessories bins themselves because Budhu, who was supposed to figure out her look from head-to-toe as part of the challenge, was going to send her down the runway with no accessories. "My friend found the shoes. My friend found the belt. My friend did it all", she said. "She laid into him, but they didn't show that."

She goes on:

"If he would've gone home, that would've been a different story", Herlily said. "But because they kept him, that's why I feel like (it's) not only putting me down, but putting down every person who isn't a size 6 or below. How many people has he hurt or affected in some way from all his comments?"

"So it looks like (the show's producers) are all for it...because it was adult bullying at its best about my weight", she added. "I can't imagine all the girls, women, teenagers watching the show who are bigger than me and what they think."

Meanwhile, Terri has launched a Facebook page called Terri's Redemption, demanding an apology from Project Runway.

UPDATE: Plus Model Magazine has stepped up in Terri's defense. She's getting a makeover and feature spread in their October issue.
    Blogging Project Runway - The Original Project Runway Fan Blog

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    Yeah, I don't get the fan favorite voting. Elena certainly isn't my favorite designer, in terms of her fashions or her personality!

I hadn't voted yet so I went and voted for Dmitry. Honestly, though, I don't really have a clear-cut favorite this season. Everybody's done some good work, some not so great work. I chose Dmitry because he's been the most consistent. I haven't hated anything he's made.
    I am voting for Dmitry as well. In the first few moments of the very first show, he really annoyed me (and I'm not sure that I even remember why) but he's grown on me and seems to be a nice person. I guess it's only fair because I liked Ven immediately and now I just want to say "shut up!" as soon as his mouth begins to open.
    pikachu likes this.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Haha, that should be his new middle name.....Ven Shut-Up Budhu.

I remember Adam Richman went to a barbeque place that called their hottest sauce Shut-Up Juice (to quiet critics who complained their sauce wasn't hot enough). Us Project Runway fans ought to start a campaign to send bottles of it to Ven.
    Last edited by pikachu; 08-29-2012 at 06:01 PM.
    Little Sew&Sew likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    The judges are there to judge the dresses on the runway they normally are unaware of what happens behind the scenes. Occasionally they do ask but the entire story is usually not told.
    This is why I think the producers of the show needed to step up and do something. The judges may not know but the people behind the cameras sure did. It's pretty unexcusable when they allow these everyday women to be treated so poorly. Sort of how the camera people on TAR inform Phil (or whomever) that the contestants broke the rules and are subsequently punished according to race rules. Allowing Ven to treat her that way and not saying or doing something about it makes them culpable as well IMO.

FORT Fogey

Do you have a link that states this???

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

It seems that they only ask if there has been some serious eye-rolling from other designers during the judging. The urge to throw someone under the bus - when they so richly deserve to be run over - is tempting!
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

pikachu, please don't ever change your rainbow sock monkey avatar! I smile every time I see it!!
    "Everything you do matters. Every moment, every decision you make it affects the people around you it changes the world in a million imperceptible ways. No matter what your reality, you can make it better." -- Richard Castle

+ Reply to Thread