+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree91Likes

Thread: 8/23 Show Discussion Thread **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 8/23 Show Discussion Thread **West Coast Spoilers**

So glad Ven spouted his "The other designers were so lucky line..." on stage. Keep diggin' that grave, darlin'.

And kudos to Heidi for slapping him down! You go, girl!

Unfortunately, Nathan's dress is just as bad, so he'll probably go home.

Nathan declared out, while both Sonjia and Ven are left behind on the stage. Sonjia safe, then the judges slap down Ven again. Back in the workroom, he just digs that grave deeper. Spouts off about how he shouldn't have been in the bottom since there were worse looks. Disgusted looks from the other designers.

Tim tells Nathan that it will be sad to lose him because not only was he talented, he had a great character. Whoo hoo! I love you, Tim!
    Last edited by Babbred; 08-23-2012 at 11:41 PM.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

So they keep the @** who basically insults women in general throughout the whole show???? Thanks a lot....

... he's just a one trick pony away...
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    So glad Ven spouted his "The other designers were so lucky line..." on stage. Keep diggin' that grave, darlin'.

And kudos to Heidi for slapping him down! You go, girl!

Unfortunately, Nathan's dress is just as bad, so he'll probably go home.
    And did you catch Tim's sendoff to Nathan? I think that was a good dig on Vin! BWAHAHAHAHA!
    justCoz and mushybrain like this.

You mean one way monkey!

We must have crossed our posts. I just updated mine with Tim's indirect slapdown of Ven. Love that man!
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl View Post
    I'm a few minutes behind on the show and just got a load of that top Ven made--holy sale Lane Bryant sale rack, Batman! Cheap, shiny fabric, visible seams, and utterly too voluminous. I mean, he could have gone with a totally safe DVF-style wrap dress in a vibrant color or print. He might not win, but he wouldn't make his client cry.
    The only thing I could think of was cheap tart in that skirt. Ugh...

And, by the way, there's NO SUCH THING as measurements being "off"! What a jerk... I'm just amazed and blown by his jerkiness!

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

I'm SHOCKED and disgusted that Nathan was the designer sent home. I really thought it would be between Sonjia and Ven and, frankly, after Heidi's comment about one or more designers might be going home, I thought it would be both of them.

I'm glad Heidi gave Ven a verbal smackdown but I think he should have been auf'd. The women were given makeovers to make them feel better about themselves but Ven only made his client feel worse about herself. He even made her friend cry with his treatment of her! He didn't take any time to get to know his client and see how he could best help her. He spent the whole challenge complaining about getting stuck with her. That's just inexcusable.

Ven wasn't the only designer with a plus sized client so he can't legitimately use that excuse. Plus, truthfully, the women they designed for on this challenge are more representative of the average woman than the models they routinely use. They need to keep that demographic in mind because they're the women who will be purchasing their outfits and wearing them on a regular basis.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyBrat View Post
    Interesting reactions to "normal" clients. Can't believe Ven's attitude. As a plus size woman, I want to slap him.
    But that's the thing... she's NOT plus sized! He's just a snobby @**!

Wow, Ven really put me off. First in the waiting room after the elimination saying to the other designers that he felt he shouldn't have been last on the runway. You idiot. Did you not listen to what the judges said. Obviously the verbal slap he got has not registered but maybe a real one would. Then in the previews next week, I can't remember exactly what it was but again all I can think of is what an arrogant anus. I want anyone but Ven to win now.

Oh, yeah now I remember something to the effect that men make better designers and that men are tougher.
    Last edited by Bearcata; 08-23-2012 at 11:56 PM.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    I'm SHOCKED and disgusted that Nathan was the designer sent home. I really thought it would be between Sonjia and Ven and, frankly, after Heidi's comment about one or more designers might be going home, I thought it would be both of them.

I'm glad Heidi gave Ven a verbal smackdown but I think he should have been auf'd. The women were given makeovers to make them feel better about themselves but Ven only made his client feel worse about herself. He even made her friend cry with his treatment of her! He didn't take any time to get to know his client and see how he could best help her. He spent the whole challenge complaining about getting stuck with her. That's just inexcusable.

Ven wasn't the only designer with a plus sized client so he can't legitimately use that excuse. Plus, truthfully, the women they designed for on this challenge are more representative of the average woman than the models they routinely use. They need to keep that demographic in mind because they're the women who will be purchasing their outfits and wearing them on a regular basis.
    I really didn't consider any of those women plus size. May be I watch too much Biggest Loser but I saw a lot of thick curvy ladies but not any really big girls. I wonder how Ven would have handled one of the shorter girls?
    Kocky_Kamikaze likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread