Season 10 Designer

Age 27, Brandenburg, KY

@originaltomboy

List of websites featuring your work?
    Portfolio of Alicia Hardesty | UsTrendy
    the modern huckleberry
    Original X Tomboy
    Alicia Hardesty | Artist Portfolio | ArtWanted.com

First garment you ever made? The first full garment I made from scratch, including the pattern, was a pair of pants. This was in school. Most everyone else stuck to skirts because that was simpler. Well, I had no interest in skirts. I wanted to make pants, so I figured it out, zipper, pocket bags and all.

What's your design training/schooling? I went to Colorado State University for my design and production training.

What have been your influences? Art, mixed media and other cultures have been big influences for me in the past. Androgyny is more of an influence for me now than ever, but also other creative industries, films, music, etc. My upbringing in Kentucky is big for me now as well.

Item you're most proud to have designed? The pieces I've done for Original Tomboy. They've gotten great feedback and people on both sides of the gender divide are feelin' it.

Favorite designer(s)? Chanel, Ralph Lauren.

Fashion must? A dope jacket - leather, denim, whatever, as long as it fits well and looks damn good.

Fashion faux pas that drives you crazy? Pajama pants in public, I will never understand.

Favorite style icon? Right now, Tilda Swinton.

Dream celebrity client? What would you make for him/her? Ellen Degeneres. I would give her two different looks, one more casual/street and one more formal - something a little edgier than what we see her in for her show everyday. Oh, and I'd love to design something for Johnny Depp. We're from the same state and he has a really great look for edgy, offbeat styles.

If you had to name your label, you'd call it... Original Tomboy or Mod-Huck.

If you weren't designing, you'd be... A Professional traveler, photographer, drummer and florist.

Biggest pet peeve? Not trying.

Favorite PR designer? Ra.mon Lawrence.

Challenge you hope they bring back? I heard about a car parts challenge. I would like to take a stab at that one.

Challenge you hope they don't bring back? The challenge with the women wrestler/fighters. Love the ladies, not so much what they had to design for them, though.

Do you think you can win PR? Does anybody say no? Yes, I think I could win. I do think I have something different to offer as a designer, a different perspective. I plan to let that shine as much as I can, and ride the roller coaster to the end.

----------

Alicia Hardesty | "Project Runway" Season 10 Designer - myLifetime.com

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Re: Alicia Hardesty - Season 10

Episode 1 - The designers had to bring an original piece with them, then were told to create a companion piece for it.

Love the orignal. The companion makes me think "soggy bottom boys."
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

Episode 2 - An unconventional challenge at Dylan's Candy bar, where the designers had $250 to buy material to make an outfit using candy.

Episode 3 - The designers worked in teams of two to create one runway design for former Project Runway contestants. The color of their Lexus GS vehicle must be seen in the final garments. Each pair had $300 and one day to complete the task. The winner also gets the big bonus of accompanying his/her client to the Emmys.

Poor Mila.
    Little Sew&Sew likes this.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Episode 4 - With $150 the designers were to make a stylish outfit a woman on the go could wear from morning to evening.

This isn't Alica's outfit..she had long shorts and a top.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Thanks for the correction! I'm surprised I didn't notice that was Buffi's outfit when I posted it. It's fixed now.
    Last edited by pikachu; 08-14-2012 at 11:59 AM.

No problem:-). The only reason why I noticed it was because I actually like the longer shorts and was wanting to look closer at them. I don't like the shirt though.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast