+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Alicia Hardesty - Season 10

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Re: Alicia Hardesty - Season 10

Episode 5 – The designers split into 2 teams for this challenge, Team Six (Sonjia, Alicia, Elena, Melissa, Dmitry, Raul) and Team Five (Nathan, Ven, Fabio, Christopher, and Gunnar). They were given $200 per person to create a collection for working women. They would direct their own photoshoot and the winning shoot would appear in Marie Claire.

Alicia and Elena worked together to create these two outfits.

Last edited by pikachu; 08-17-2012 at 05:22 PM.

Episode 6 - The designers were given $150 and one day to create outfits for ladies nominated by a friend for a beauty and fashion makeover.

Episode 7 - The designers were given one day to create a dress that could retail for between $200 and $300 at Lord & Taylor. The winning look would be included in a capsule collection by previous Project Runway designers.

I loved the idea of this...but it wasn't executed properly.
    TripleGemini likes this.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

She was going for a Chanel look, but I think Chanel jackets were waist darted and yet fit looser around the hips. Doing a drop waist does not make it Chanel. IF she had had time to do a jacket, maybe...but then the waist would need to be normal.

I liked the shirt collar, but hated the cutouts front and back of the skirt. Yes, it was a miss. LOL
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I hated the way those darts/folds in the front and back looked. I liked the idea of the dress, but something about it just looked "Le Chateau" ish to me. In other words, cheap and not put together very well.

Episode 8 - The designers were divided into three teams of three. They had to do fundraising in the park to get materials this week and could sell t-shirts or tote bags decorated with paint, glitter, and sparkles, or give fashion advice, do alterations, etc. With their earnings, they had to make two Fall outfits, one of which must include outerwear.

Alicia made the shirt and pants for this outfit. Elena did the coat. Dmitry worked on his own outfit.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

It is possible, maybe even probable, that Alicia is getting credit for votes in the Fan Favorite that don't rightly belong to her.

It was pointed out in another contestants thread on Facebook that the majority of what look like her votes are from Spanish speaking tweeters. Apparently, there is a dance contest type show featuring a contestant with the same first name . . . . if fans of Dancer Alicia tweet using the hashtag, Designer Alicia could be getting the votes.

Here's the dance competition website: Mira Quién Baila 2012 de Univision | Videos, Fotos, Estrellas

I will admit I am not techno-savvy enough to know for sure that the votes are or are not getting counted - simply passing along the info as it was pointed out to me.

If you go to Dancer Alicia's page on that site: Alicia Machado | Mira Quién Baila de Univision, you can see the little bluebird that is indicative of Twitter right next to the words #TeamAlicia, which gives this theory a bit more plausibility.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12