+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: All Stars 3/15 Finale Part 1 Discussion **Spoilers**

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Re: All Stars 3/15 Finale Part 1 Discussion **Spoilers**

Could the last-minute design challenge have been any more tailor-made for Mondo?

On Mondo's season, I loved most of his designs during the challenges - stunning and new. But I thought his collection fell flat for the most part.

Before the show even started, I was rooting for Mondo and Austin. I know a lot of artists are moody and temperamental, but that doesn't have to include mean and rude. Mondo's behavior doesn't influence my assessment of his designs - but it has influenced my feelings about him. Now, I'd be disappointed if he won. You can't act like that and run a successful design company. Now I'm rooting for Austin.

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    That part about Austin helping his mother??? I saw Austin on SAY YES TO THE DRESS as an established bridal designer whose work was being sold at Kleinfelds. Just seemed odd that he would say that like the woman was one step from the street.

That episode was taped a few years back - don't know what he is doing now

I really disliked Mondo during his first season based only on his personality. He is a fabulous and talented designer but what a pain in the butt. Always depressed and making sure everyone knows what his mood is. I truly dislike people like that because I find them to be selfish. All of us have bad/off days or times in our life but everything comes full circle....we have bad days and we have good days. Even if you don't feel great or have hard times, always making sure everyone is aware of your mood is being so self centered and shows you only care about yourself. (I think I'm repeating myself too much here but I do find it annoying.)

Michael and Austin have been under the very same burdens of the challenges and personal lives and they seem to make the best of it.
    I can only imagine the rough treatment Austin must have had growing up with his mannerisms and Michael, judging from his history, must have had it hard to being confused as he seemed to have been about his sexuality. And I admire his love for his kids.

Although from the very beginning, I've always thought Mondo would win because Gretchen never should have won over him. So I've resigned myself to thinking it'll be Mondo for sure. I can handle that realization because he is good and he'll be off my tv soon.
    Shoepie and Babbred like this.

I keep thinking back to Anthony's PI laugh when told the theme for Austin's show. That was priceless. There have been some light moments, though downer stressing seemed to predominate the season.

I did place the final After the Runway show on my DVR.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I am trying to cut Mondo some slack I know all the medications he is probably on for the HIV which can cause changes in behavior and attitude....but I don't think that there is any love loss ..between him and Austin ....Mondo acting like Oscar the grouch and Austin prancing around with his flaming attitude..that I personally think gives all gay men a bad name...so personally I think the win should go to Michael..he has avoided all the drama and has really worked on his creations...just hope they are up to par and they can beat out Mondo and Austin....yes I still love Mondo and I have to wonder if there are other things going on in his life right now to make him seem to grouchy all the time
    jucamer likes this.
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    Mondo acting like Oscar the grouch and Austin prancing around with his flaming attitude..that I personally think gives all gay men a bad name...
    Ouch, I don't think it's fair to say that about Austin.

Why is it a detriment to gay men that someone is flaming and over the top, but not that someone persists in dressing and acting like a spoil 6 year old?!

Mondo is talented and lost his season because he ignored Tim's advice (like E.Sosa did <-- prick) that his collection was borderline costumy. Austin is on the same boat (costumy.)

I like Austin attitude and spirit. There is always a smile there. If I were to have the chance to talk to any of those two I'm pretty sure Austin would have more to say and offer (fun).

I have to agree with many of the above posters. I really liked Mondo during his season and felt he should have won. While many of the designers who appear for a second or third time seem to have grown from their first appearances on Project Runway, seeing yourself as others do can be an eye opening experience, Mondo seems to have digressed. His dismissiveness of Michael and his theme was rude and nasty especially to someone labeled a friend. Austin is being very polite every time his help is being turned down. I find it funny that Mondo is outraged when supposedly Austin asks for something and is given it yet everyone must kowtow to his rudeness, self centeredness and depression. It was very observant that Mondo dresses like a 6 year old little boy as his last happy place is his sixth birthday. mmmmmm.......Mondo is 33 yrs old and his last happy time is when he was 6. That was 27 yrs ago he had a happy time and has been a miserable, depressed bitch every since. Pretty sad.

Hope Austin wins.
    Allie likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I wanted Mondo to win last time. This time? Frankly Michael or Austin I am edging toward. I actually lost interest in All Stars a couple of eps back. Which is sad. :-(
    jucamer likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    I wanted Mondo to win last time. This time? Frankly Michael or Austin I am edging toward. I actually lost interest in All Stars a couple of eps back. Which is sad. :-(
    I agree Allie - I thought this season was going to be so much more than it was. All of these great designers & I didn't see one outfit that I absolutely LOVED

Seriously, even if Michael wins how wearable are his garments unless they are models. However I can see many of his gowns perhaps adapted for resort wear. Which is not a bad place to be business wise.
    jucamer likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast