+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: All Stars 3/1 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: All Stars 3/1 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    Is it the one on NBC? Fashion Star? The judges will be 3 people associated with different department stores I think and the designers looks will be sold at them - it's looks really unique and interesting. I can't wait to see it!
    I'll give it a go. Could be fun

I think Kenley should have won this challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    Is it the one on NBC? Fashion Star? The judges will be 3 people associated with different department stores I think and the designers looks will be sold at them - it's looks really unique and interesting. I can't wait to see it!
    Thanks for this info.
    I hadn't heard of it since I mostly watch recorded shows, to avoid commercials. Now I've got this one programmed to record. Hope it's good. Love these fashion shows.

I haven't commented for a while because I've been so underwhelmed. I agree with those who have said that I haven't been too impressed with the supposed higher level of talent in this season.

However, I must say that enjoyed this challenge. I loved the cool lights and the idea of incorporating them into a dress. As the judges would say, though, some of these dresses fell short in the execution.

Kenley--I loved the dress. I thought it was great idea to use the different colors of tape to create the plaid. The cape, though, was just a giant blur on my TV screen, so I didn't like it initially. Looking at the pic now, it looks lovely. I liked it more than I did Austin's.

Austin--I didn't like this dress on the show. I thought it looked tacky. As that other contestant said, it was just a bunch of lights thrown over some netting. Where's the skill in that? Looking at the pic in the thread, though, I can see why people have loved it. The top half is beautiful and ethereal, like something out of a fantasy movie. I hope Pharell will expand on the idea and maybe create some more dress to bolster the lights in the bottom half.

Mondo--just an ordinary dress with glow-in-the-dark stripes. Not terrible, but not as good as Austin or Kenley's. Also, the back looked like that padding that you use in boxes when you move. I wish he had ditched the pink and stayed with the lights for the whole outfit, including the boots. Was it this dress that somebody said was Tron-esque? As somebody who loved that movie, I would say that's a compliment. Maybe he can do the costumes for the sequel.

Michael--(sigh) I like Michael, but I have just been so disappointed in him this season. First the attempted stealing of Jerrell's idea, and now bad outfits two weeks in a row. As a sci-fi geek, I loved the idea of this week's dress. The execution just fell a tad short, though. I didn't like all the extra padding on the dress. That's what a ninja would wear? I also wasn't sure about the ponytail. Was she a ninja or a Mongolian warrior princess?

Jerell--I really wanted him to go home after last week and that travesty of an Indian dress. I live in a city with a fairly big Indian population, so I see beautiful saris frequently. None of the women I've seen would be caught dead in that mess.

As for this week, it was an intriguing idea, but it just fell short. Why did he shroud her in those dark trousers like a nun? What was with the idiotic styling? She looked like a female version of Marvin the Martian.

For me, Michael and Jerell deserved to be the Bottom 2. Michael just pipped it, though, because of Jerell's lousy styling and monochromatic lighting. At least Michael mixed it up with different colors.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

FORT Fogey

no doubt in my mind it is between mondo and austin

FORT Fogey

Does anyone know how this will end without a fashion week?

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    Does anyone know how this will end without a fashion week?
    Probably a fashion week in studio.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234