+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: All Stars 3/1 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Re: All Stars 3/1 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Overall I've been disappointed by the All Stars season. Some of these people I would never have chosen as All Stars in the first place. I had looked forward to this as a chance to see some of my favorite designers again and hopefully see one who I thought had wrongfully been denied a win in their season come out on top. Instead, I feel like most of them are showing why they were eliminated in their season.

Rami was the most delightful surprise. I thought he was ok in his season but not one of my favorites. He has really grown since then. It's a shame he got the boot before the end of the competition. I would have been just fine with him and Mondo in the finale. I'm not sure who else. Austin was my early favorite but he hasn't lived up to his potential. Kenley is getting on the right track now so if she keeps expanding her range, she could be a contender in the finale.

I wouldn't be real surprised if Austin goes home next week, although I hope it will be Michael leaving.
    Babbred likes this.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Did anyone else notice the t-shirt Austin was wearing? It had a cartoony type drawing of him and Santino!

Thought for sure Austin was going home last night since they took the time to feature him during the show (Skyping with his mom).

Had a moment where I feared Kenley would win and Michael would be sent home. Two such tragedies shouldn't be allowed in the same episode!!!

Jerrell did himself in by adding way too much and not editing his own work.
    jucamer likes this.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

I really enjoyed this episode. I just watched it on line. I would have preferred Michael going home, but was OK with it being Jerrell. I can't figure out why in the world he thought than long black skirt was a good idea.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

I have a big soft spot for Michael. I don't think he'll win - I just hope he gets to the final 3....

I liked this challenge, it was something different. I actually liked all the designs keeping in mind this was advant garde and lights so that meant not normal wear and costumes. I'm glad Austin won too. I like this all-star season but I do miss Tim.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    Kenley did her usual dress---just poofed out the top rather than having it strapless. Funny that this small change make it OK for the judges...

There was nothing AG about Mondo's dress. Look at it above, those are just stripes along the side that happen to light up. I am of the faction that says this is Mondo's show since he has gotten good comments just about all the time. The one negative about that ugly hot pants outfit that he dedicated to his mother (?!?!) set him back and he barely recovered from the trauma,
    I agree. Kenley made her signature dress - with her taped-on plaid instead of her usual polka dots. I do think the use of the upholstery webbing was very creative.

Mondo and Michael both made typical dresses with interesting lighting effects.

I didn't like the silhouette and long skirt that Jerrell did.

I thought Austin's was beautiful, but didn't know how the judges would receive it.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

If ever there was an episode crying out for a double elimination it was this one. Michael and Jerrell's dresses were hideous.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

The concept of this challenge was awesome! I really liked how different of an idea it was, and was very interested to see how they'd work it. All in all, I guess the results were good, but some did disappoint. I wish I couldn't see Austin's light's strings. Kenley's was unique. The tape on Michael's was kind of icky. I didn't mind sending Jerell home, he was very middle-of-the-road to me and since he wouldn't make it to the end, anytime he went home was fine with me.

On another note, I keep seeing another new fashion/design show being advertised, but can't remember it's name. Is there a thread for this one yet? Thanks!

Finally Jerrell sent home. I think the bottom 3 were Michael, Mondo and Jerrell. I liked that Kenley stepped out of her box a bit and would have been OK with a Austin or Kenley win. Looks as if Kenley will be in the finale.

The designers all seem so much more relaxed this season and not driven to totally desperation like in a normal season. I wonder if they are just more confident in themselves for already having done 1 or 2 seasons already. I do like the camaraderie in the workroom. I just feel like saying. Mondo if you insist on going around in a tank top and short shorts all the time get some exercise and add some definition to your upper body.
    Cootie, Photobabe and Babbred like this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by navybelle View Post
    The concept of this challenge was awesome! I really liked how different of an idea it was, and was very interested to see how they'd work it. All in all, I guess the results were good, but some did disappoint. I wish I couldn't see Austin's light's strings. Kenley's was unique. The tape on Michael's was kind of icky. I didn't mind sending Jerell home, he was very middle-of-the-road to me and since he wouldn't make it to the end, anytime he went home was fine with me.

On another note, I keep seeing another new fashion/design show being advertised, but can't remember it's name. Is there a thread for this one yet? Thanks!

Is it the one on NBC? Fashion Star? The judges will be 3 people associated with different department stores I think and the designers looks will be sold at them - it's looks really unique and interesting. I can't wait to see it!
    navybelle likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast