+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: All Stars 2/16 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: All Stars 2/16 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I thought Austin's outfit was lovely, just not quite right for the challenge. I also felt sorry for him that he got so close, since he said he wanted it so badly. I noticed that he frowned at Mondo when the latter was announced as the winner. Not very gracious, but I can understand. I also forgot to say last week that I loved his pastel outfit, but then that's just my personality. I love spring and flowers, and those tailored-to-a-knife-edge trousers, reminded me of my grandmother, who always dressed so nicely that she could have walked the catwalk and shown these young 'uns a thing or two.

Jerrell's outfit was just ugly, hands down, and that hairdo sure didn't help. (I don't mind if the contestants are judged on styling. The details can really boost a look--Michael's green straps on the shoes--or they can totally ruin it. If you're creative enough to design a dress, then you should be creative enough to envision the overall look.) I was so disappointed after that great look he created last week.

Kara--not surprised that she went home. The judges kept going on about how Mila's outfit looked like something a streetwalker would wear. Well, I would add Kara's ensemble to that list. I totally agree with that poster who said, Why in the heck did Rami leave ahead of Kenley and Kara?

Kenley--trust me, folks, that is not an outfit you wear to church. If some poor woman showed up at my church dressed like that, we'd think she was a woman off the streets who needed help.

Michael--not really a fan of that color. It reminds of a baby's bodily fluids. However, the style of the dress was nice, and at least he was creative with the headpiece instead of doing another tacky hairdo like some of the others.

Mila--

Mondo--I wasn't a big fan of this dress, but I can understand why the judges thought it was right for the show. From a practical standpoint, they're probably right. And I forgot to say last week that I loved seeing his signature mix of prints again, but I thought that blouse looked terrible from the back.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    Wrong Kara. It was Kara Saun who was in the final 3 in season 1 with Jay and Wendy Pepper (gag). The Kara on this All Stars season was part of season 2 and was eliminated right before the final 3. The final 3 in her season were Santino, Daniel V, and Chloe.
    Kara actually showed a collection during season 2 of Project Runway, she was the 4th runner up and due to film scheduling the producers had her make and show a decoy collection with the 3 finalists.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by sysygygal View Post
    Michael's model really looked like Cynthia Bailey from Real Housewives of Atlanta. She is still a working model. Does anyone know if it was her?

I thought she was on America's Top Model - but I can't remember her name

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

According to other internet sources, his model is Cycle 6 contestant Leslie Mancia. I did not watch ANTM that far back, so I don't remember her at all.

Here's one of the articles: ANTM Cycle 6's Leslie Mancia Now on Project Runway All Stars - America's Next Top Model
    Endit likes this.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    According to other internet sources, his model is Cycle 6 contestant Leslie Mancia. I did not watch ANTM that far back, so I don't remember her at all.

Here's one of the articles: ANTM Cycle 6's Leslie Mancia Now on Project Runway All Stars - America's Next Top Model

that's it!
    Little Sew&Sew likes this.

Can someone explain to me why I hardly ever see a straight hemline on this show. I mean look at Jerrell.s skirt it was all over the place. I find it hugely distracting and unattractive. Than and all the models seem to be walking with their hips thrust forward and with their backs partially bend over backward. Who walks like that in real life?
    Allie likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I think Mila was VERY lucky that Kara's design was more of a disaster than hers. IMO, both of those women should have been let go.

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    I think Madonna wannabe when I see this outfit... She looks like someone in a movie who works in a library and everyone finds out later she’s a witch... The model looks like a Christmas wreath stuck on someone’s door... She got her clothes at a thriftstore run by the church... The Bride of Frankenstein meets Jimi Hendrix thing he has going on isn’t working for me.
    Michael Kors, is that you? You crack me up!

I also DO remember Lesie now that somebody mentions the name. Instantly I could remember a confession from her. I believe she was one of the happy go lucky models, not that high stress or drama. Personally, I think she's a breathe of fresh air and one of the best models on this season. Some of them can look so drab or bored. Lesie and Kenley's models are the best of the bunch IMO. Kenley's model could sell an outfit made of rotting flesh if she had to.

FORT Fogey

I noticed in the last few seasons, the designers don't play the velvet bag game with the models. There are no choices or swaps...Interesting. If a designer leaves, then the models goes too. Do they have any say in getting the first model at all??

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

It's strange that I don't remember Leslie. I've watched most seasons of America's Next Top Model (didn't see the first one). Maybe if I watched some clips from that season I'd remember her.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast