+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: All Stars 2/16 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: All Stars 2/16 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Thought it was the best runway yet especially after last week's dismal showing. I think though that a lot of the judges are getting the designers on the styling also and that the difference between winning and and second place, being aufed or staying is whether or not the model was wearing the correct shoe or belt.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fogey

I was a little tired on Mondo and his whining.... Last week, I made the outfit in honor of my mother....and they hated it so now I just don't have the heart to work on this week's outfit.....oh come on, it was an ugly hot pants outfit....how would something like that have any relationship to your mother?

I am also not sure I love the developing point of criticizing the designer for the styling. I would think that a good designer could have someone working in the company whose job it is to style. Just because you can design, does not mean you can style. If you are a stylist, are you also a designer too?

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

I think it's fair to judge the designer on all aspects of creating an outfit, including sewing skills and styling. The more a designer understands about how to construct and present a garment, the better they will be at bringing their fashion visions to life, even if they do ultimately have someone else do the sewing and styling for them. While they're on Project Runway, I want to be able to see that the designer has those skills.

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    From what I remember, although Kara was loveable and popular in season 2, she was prone to meltdowns then too (Zulema's famous "you gotta cry & cut" speech). She had some good pieces but never won a challenge. She lasted till the final 4 mostly because someone else always had a worse day.

She did a nice black babydoll dress for Nicky Hilton, and her makeover of Santino as a preppy tourist was a hit. The judges also really liked her plant dress.

I also remember a lot of people saying that her Fashion Week decoy collection was better than Chloe's, Daniel V's or Santino's.
    I thought Kara was part of the Final 3 along with Austin & Jay. Wasn't Wendy Pepper part of that season too. Ok Wendy Pepper is more annoying than Kennley. Not by much. I am currently watching the season with Kennley & left off where she copied the McQueen wedding dress.

Just glanced at this week's looks. Please explain to me again why Rami was aufed over Mila?
    jucamer likes this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    I thought Kara was part of the Final 3 along with Austin & Jay. Wasn't Wendy Pepper part of that season too. Ok Wendy Pepper is more annoying than Kennley. Not by much. I am currently watching the season with Kennley & left off where she copied the McQueen wedding dress.

Just glanced at this week's looks. Please explain to me again why Rami was aufed over Mila?
    Wrong Kara. It was Kara Saun who was in the final 3 in season 1 with Jay and Wendy Pepper (gag). The Kara on this All Stars season was part of season 2 and was eliminated right before the final 3. The final 3 in her season were Santino, Daniel V, and Chloe.

FORT Fogey

If we ever get to see a picture of the Godspell costume that Mondo designed, it will be very different. The essence will be there along with the color but that will be it.

Issac told Kara that her work was the best she has done this season. Ouch! She must have been shocked to be in the final 3 let alone eliminated. I agreed with this choice; her outfit was terrible. I knew she and Mila were in the bottom as I watched the runway so I was not surprised.

This season is very dull for me and I know that is because the Heidi et all are not here. And I don't care of Issac.

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    Wrong Kara. It was Kara Saun who was in the final 3 in season 1 with Jay and Wendy Pepper (gag). The Kara on this All Stars season was part of season 2 and was eliminated right before the final 3. The final 3 in her season were Santino, Daniel V, and Chloe.
    Duh...LOL...too many Kara's. Now I remember, KaraSaun lost because of those Dollhouse shoes. I loved Daniel V that season but was happy it was Chole & not Santino.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

I don't miss Heidi at all but Project Runway isn't Project Runway without Tim Gunn! I hope he just took this season off and will be back for future seasons.
    Little Sew&Sew likes this.

Well, at least Joanna was able to speak to the challenge this episode as she had acted in an amateur production of Godspell. The designers have to remember that the actress - whom they met at the theater - will not only have to dress herself onstage, but I imagine sing and dance. With a round stage there would be a lot of circular movement as we saw in a clip of the rehearsal. It would have been more helpful to them if she had mimed the portion of her part where she puts on the clothes and jewelry.

Color palate (after seeing the rehearsal number) Mondo had the best scheme which would harmonize with the over all palate. Austin's print in the skirt was just too dark, as were some others. I mean black in a production that screams rich color? Anyway, happy to see Mondo win and Kara go home...that attempt at a silver lame bow was laughable.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    WTH is on Kenley's head????

I uttered those words - EXACTLY. I asked something similar a little while later when we got a look at Joanna's 'necklace'. Summer camp arts and crafts!

It's funny - in a sad way - that Jerrell failed to notice that Kenley was also making a jacket with a peplum. He used that exact word and Joanna used it when she was talking with Kenley. Yes, Kenley's was longer, but the similarities are there if you are paranoid enough.

Love that Mondo won and that Michael was in the Top Three, but Austin did not belong there. His model looked like she'd been caught up in a Jiffy Pop explosion and needed an ice bag for her headache.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast