+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: All Stars 2/2 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: All Stars 2/2 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I have to say that I LOVED Jerrell's design (although I agree with the judge that there was too much stomach). I've always liked his aesthetic. Very eclectic - but orderly at the same time. All the disparate colors and patterns but they go together - to my tastes. I like him alot.

I also liked Kenley's design. I generally like her work. Her personality has toned down this season which I appreciate.

I also like Mila and Mondo.

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    Looking again,Mondo did not deserve the win...Rami was much better and wearable. On that note, what was Michael thinking? He had so many ideas that he started and dismissed and he ended up with underwear!!
    Somebody said above tht Rami should have won his cycle...actually it was Christian Soriano to whom Rami lost.....and nobody had a chance against him. Since he turned out to be the most successful PR winner, it was not a mistake.

Christian!!!!!!!!!!

I don't see why everybody hates Jarell lol. I like his fabric combinations. This show has turned into Project Realism anyways. They judge everything with the basis of "can anybody wear it right off the runway?" like they only watch Calvin Klein runway shows when there are other real RTW runway shows showing over the top stuff like Jerell does. I sometimes despise how often they are supposed to aim for the average person. Fashion also includes costumes for tv/movie, avant garde pieces that are art, stage clothes (like for music performance), etc, all which are not geared towards the average person, but more interesting IMO to look at.
    Last edited by Endit; 02-04-2012 at 11:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Endit View Post
    I don't see why everybody hates Jarell lol. I like his fabric combinations. This show has turned into Project Realism anyways. They judge everything with the basis of "can anybody wear it right off the runway?" like they only watch Calvin Klein runway shows when there are other real RTW runway shows showing over the top stuff like Jerell does. I sometimes despise how often they are supposed to aim for the average person. Fashion also includes costumes for tv/movie, avant garde pieces that are art, stage clothes (like for music performance), etc, all which are not geared towards the average person, but more interesting IMO to look at.
    Nah, I like some of Jerrell's creations. His Miss Piggy outfit was something that she could wear (I've seen something in the same theme before on her - but not same item), and his one last week with the 6 hour challenge was nice and didn't look like it was done in that amount of time.

I however, didn't like this week's challenge. For starters, the skirt pretty much was along the lines of the dress his muse wore, and probably didn't need much sewing. The bikini top just didn't work with the shoulder thing. I think had he done something with at shortest a middrift top, this would've been a lot prettier. As it was, it looked like she had a super long torso, and women do try to shorten longer torsos just a bit.

I do agree though I'd like more Project RUnway instead of Project ready to wear.

its not that I don't like Jerrell...but Anthony has such an outgoing personality that he will be missed by me at least...also loved when the guy took off his jean shorts in the park and Austin was quick in saying that he made sure he got the guys number...lol
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

I liked Rami's and Kenley's the best this episode....
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    Looking back, Anthony got the ANTM edit.....as soon as I saw how much face time they were giving him, I figured he was out. So why can't you follow directions, Anthony? Did he think, because the outfit was quite nice, they wouldn't notice??
    I think others also took from more than one person, but Anthony's problem (as I understand) was that he did not use more than 50% of items taken from the muse (es) for the outfit.

I think Antony could have used that patterned dress as either the top or the bottom of the pantsuit and it would have looked fine. I do think he only had enough material from his muse to do a top and the handbag.
    Last edited by Bearcata; 02-06-2012 at 01:23 PM.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    Taking that gorgeous man's shorts off leaving him pitching a tent in his undies!
    If anyone's man leads them to believe that was a pitched tent they may want to find a new man.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Endit View Post
    You stated this so well. Exactly my thoughts also. I think they've started thinking this way in their judgements and can't stop.
    Fashions on the Runway aren't usually what finally ends up in the stores. They're usually modified to suit the average woman.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123