+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: All Stars 1/26 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: All Stars 1/26 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

IDK but to be honest Rami could sew 2 pieces of burlap & I would wear it. His look was interesting together but IMHO it would look stunning as separates.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

I agree with those who didn't care for Mila's outfit. What I cared for even less was her accessorizing.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl View Post
    Michael's dress looked like a robe that an aged starlet would wear around the actor's guild home whilst in her 80s.
    My thoughts exactly!

I think Mondo's dress was fantastic - very cool the way the orange part outlines the body's silhouette and the green part makes a sort of corona around it. Super job!

I didn't get a long look at Jerell's dress but it looked like one of the best to me, and there was a LOT of workmanship in that dress in 6 hours.

I liked Rami's & Anthony's dresses, although I question Rami's shiny fabric (first time I've ever, ever questioned Rami's work or taste level - I think his work and his taste are exquisite), and I suppose there was an extra piece or two to Anthony's dress.

I think if the ruffles on Kara's dress started at the waist instead of under the bust, the dress would have been terrific - fun yet elegant.

I do NOT get the Mila love. I've never liked a single design of hers. I thought she should have been auf'd last week (Miss Piggy). No, check - I think she shouldn't even be an all-star.

I have to agree with April getting auf'd, though - her dress was a mess.

FORT Fogey

I actually really liked Mila's outfit. She, Mondo, and Rami are my favorites. If I were young ad hip, I'd wear her clothes in a heartbeat, and if I were even more young and more hip, I'd wear Mondo's. Mila's designs seem perfect for a women in her late 20's - early 30's. Mondo's designs seem perfect for 18-25 or so.

Rami's designs seem to suit a little bit of a more mature woman - 30 on up or so?

I think Rami is crazy talented but his aesthetic is not to my tastes. I do hope he and Mondo are the final 2, though. Mila won't make it...she has a hard time carrying her aesthetic through to new dimensions.
    Last edited by Jexter; 01-29-2012 at 12:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter View Post
    I actually really liked Mila's outfit. She, Mondo, and Rami are my favorites. If I were young ad hip, I'd wear her clothes in a heartbeat, and if I were even more young and more hip, I'd wear Mondo's. Mila's designs seem perfect for a women in her late 20's - early 30's. Mondo's designs seem perfect for 18-25 or so.

Rami's designs seem to suit a little bit of a more mature woman - 30 on up or so?

I think Rami is crazy talented but his aesthetic is not to my tastes. I do hope he and Mondo are the final 2, though. Mila won't make it...she has a hard time carrying her aesthetic through to new dimensions.
    I guess that is why I live Rami's designs. He is designing to my age group.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    I guess that is why I live Rami's designs. He is designing to my age group.
    Some of us like Mila because we wish we were that age group.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

I honestly didn't really like any of them.....
    CrazyDutchWoman likes this.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2 View Post
    I honestly didn't really like any of them.....
    I am glad you say that cause I felt the same way. Very disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyDutchWoman View Post
    I am glad you say that cause I felt the same way. Very disappointed.
    I was almost afraid to say anything because most people typically don't agree with me when it comes to style. I wouldn't not have worn any of those outfits. A lot of times I would wear some of them with minor adjustments. My style is very classic with trendy pieces thrown in.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Having been away for two weeks, I just now catching up with my favorite shows...so just watched this one. Still have the last one to watch, which as always, I'm excited to have a PR to watch.

I can't stand Kenley but, although not MY style, her designs are great for those who prefer a retro look. I dislike her so much so it somewhat pains me to say that she's really good when she creates something that is totally her design with her perspective.

The only good thing I can say about April's dress is it was a beautiful color but, in my opinio, a dress that is THAT SHORT in the back was a major faux pas. You couldn't even slightly bend over to take a cracker without your rear end being exposed!

I didn't think Kara's dress was as bad as the judges thought...even though it wasn't to my taste.

I thought Mila's dress was so poorly constructed...looked like someone's first project for Home Econ class. Pitiful for an "All-Star."

I also don't care for anything about Mondo....EXCEPT he is a genius, crafting his designs. The colors were outstanding and the construction, perfect...as usual. He is extremely talented.

The same goes for Michael...altho I like him as a person far better than Mondo.
    If I accept that Kenley's designs are retro, I need to remember that Michael's could also be something retro. I could definitely see a past Hollywood movie star (maybe a Joan Crawford) wearing that in the '50's as a hostess gown or something at a resort. I thought the material, the craftmanship and the design (altho retro) were impeccable.
    Only thing I question is that on my new tv, it showed as a beautiful pink color but online it appears to be a "nude" color. I prefer the pink.

And before I forget, pikachu. Thank you sooooo much for always posting pix of the runway. So much easier to refer to yours than to try to use the website.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast