+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: All Stars 1/12 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

All Stars 1/12 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Hey where is everyone???

Sweet P has got to go tonight - her dress is horrendous!
    Little Sew&Sew likes this.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Re: Project Runway All Stars 1/12/12 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Won't be on for 2 more hours here . . . I'll have to tape it and watch it tomorrow.

Re: All Stars 1/12 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

For some reason I thought it was on at 10 so I missed 3/4ths of it. The challenge was to make a gown to wear to the opera in one day.

Anthony was in the top 3 -- Austin & Michael were the top 2. Austin won!

Sweet P and April were the bottom two, and my Sweet P got the auf. Once again she second-guessed herself. Maybe she wasn't ready for the fast pace and the grind again...
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Re: Project Runway All Stars 1/12/12 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Once again, totally agreed with the Top 3. Just beautiful, although Anthony's cleavage was over-the-top for me. I, personally, liked Michael's dress better, but that's just me.

April's dress was just terrible. "Corpse bride" for the opera? Really? I would have sent her home. Kara and Sweet P were interchangeable to me, both bland and not opera dresses. Not surprised that Sweet P went home since this was her second time in the bottom.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

I liked Austin's dress but I think Michael should have won. Sweet P deserved to go tonight. April's dress was bad too and so is her attitude and hair color
    Little Sew&Sew likes this.

Poor Sweet P, that was not a good dress. So was April's but I didn't disagree with Sweet P going home. I loved Austin's dress. I really liked Michael's too but my choice was Austin's. I really loved Mondo's too. Even though he wasn't in the top.
    Last edited by justCoz; 01-12-2012 at 11:30 PM.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

This is terribly petty, I know, but it bugs me. There is a tape mark in the workroom where Joanna needs to stop (and the model host, whose name escapes me at this moment). The mark. Ever set has one, but we've seen it now for two weeks. I do not recall ever seeing it when Tim entered the workroom, or anyone else. It's a bother.

But I do agree about the top three. I'd have picked Michael as the winner, not Austin (though I did like Austin's retro look). And I would have had Kenley on the bottom for creating a Barbie cake of a dress and Jerell for that maternity get-up. But Sweat-Pea (though I love her) had a boring dress with a baaaad bodice so she wasn't a terrible choice for her to go. It was just a bad challenge for her.

After seeing the whole show, what baffles me is how Jerell wasn't in the bottom 3. His 99 cent shmatteh was way worse than Sweet P's or April's. The skirt looked like bad kitchen curtains and the bodice was a Frederick's of Hollywood nightmare. I would have given him the auf over any of them.
    dzigner likes this.
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    After seeing the whole show, what baffles me is how Jerell wasn't in the bottom 3. His 99 cent shmatteh was way worse than Sweet P's or April's. The skirt looked like bad kitchen curtains and the bodice was a Frederick's of Hollywood nightmare. I would have given him the auf over any of them.
    YES! OMG, total schmatta! With marabou! Ick.

Sweet P, OH, Sweet P. What the hell was that? I didn't see the first half of the show, so my first look at her dress was when it hit the runway. I went "OH!" sort of like that moment in My Big Fat Greek Wedding when her cousin unveils that horrid blue bridesmaid dress.

April's was just too goth-y. She obviously knew it was a misfire.

I liked Kenley's dress even though I'm not a fan of pink and I can take or leave Kenley. I liked the way it moved as the model walked.

Austin's was tulle and lamé? All I could think, having worn both of those fabrics, is that it will come apart if you breathe on it. I thought Michael's was much better. Loved the "belt" from the back.

I LOVED the belt on Anthony's dress! Very Cartier-esque. I did find his models decolletage (<----trying to keep it classy) a bit distracting. Girls that thin should not get implants! She looked like she was wearing a flesh-colored coconut bra.

I'm kind of hot and cold with Isaac Mizrahi, but I think he - and really all of the juding panel - gives good constructive criticism.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Kenley's stuff is always well made, but her pink number seemed more appropriate for a teen/tween to me -- not so much for the opera as for the Nick Kids Choice Awards.

Michael's dress was fierce, but I bet Austin won because his gold/lame number reminded Isaac of the costumes he designed for the revival of The Women on Broadway several years ago. I wish that were available on video...

What is an "MFWalkoff?"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast