+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Project Runway All Stars 2012 - The Host and The Judges

Project Runway All Stars 2012 - The Host and The Judges

Angela Lindvall
    Host

Angela Lindvall grew up in a small rural community outside of Kansas City, Missouri, and fell into modeling by accident when her older sister convinced Angela to sign up for a local fashion show with her for fun. Angela has since appeared on the cover of many major publications, including all the international editions of Vogue, Elle, Harper’s Bazaar, ID, Dazed and Confused and many more.

Lindvall’s “chameleon”-like qualities have made her one of the most enduringly sought-after models in an otherwise fickle industry and one of the few to work with nearly every major fashion house, including Prada, Chanel, Valentino, Gucci, Louis Vuitton, DKNY, Calvin Klein, Jil Sander, Chloe, Stella McCartney and Versace. Lindvall has also appeared on the big screen in the films “CQ” and “Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang.” On television, she co-hosted “Alter Eco” with Adrian Grenier on Discovery’s Planet Green.

Joanna Coles
    Mentor

Joanna Coles was named Editor-in-Chief of the U.S. edition of Marie Claire, a joint venture between Hearst Magazines and Marie Claire Album, in April 2006. Coles was recently named Adweek’s Editor of the Year at the same time as the magazine was listed as #2 on Adweek’s Hot List, an annual list of the most influential and successful magazines.

Coles has appeared regularly as an expert on “The Today Show,” CBS’ “Early Show,” “The Rachael Ray Show,” E!’s “Chelsea Lately” and CNN. She also produced and starred in the Style Network’s non-scripted series about Marie Claire, called “Running in Heels.” British-born Coles moved to New York in 1997 as the New York Bureau Chief for The Guardian and subsequently The Times of London. Before moving to New York she worked as a radio and TV broadcaster for the BBC, a weekly op-ed writer and interviewer for The Guardian.

Isaac Mizrahi
    Judge

Born in Brooklyn, New York, Isaac Mizrahi showed a passion for design and performance at an early age. As the son of a children’s clothing manufacturer and a fashion-obsessed mom, Mizrahi was always encouraged to express his artistic talent. After a youth spent staging puppet shows in his backyard and creating clothes for his mom’s friends, Mizrahi studied acting at the High School of Performing Arts and fashion design at Parsons.

As a leader in the design business for more than 20 years, Mizrahi has been awarded four CFDA awards, including a special award in 1995 for the groundbreaking documentary “Unzipped.” His ready-to-wear collection is available at high-end retailers and specialty boutiques globally. Mizrahi’s designs are a favorite among celebrities and are frequently seen on the red carpet.

In December 2009, Mizrahi launched his lifestyle collection, ISAACMIZRAHILIVE! on QVC. The brand includes all of Isaac’s favorite things, from handbags to dresses to cheesecakes. In addition, Mizrahi is the Creative Director of Liz Claiborne New York, overseeing design and development. In 2003, Mizrahi revolutionized the industry by teaming with Target to launch a collection of chic and stylish clothing and accessories for women.

Mizrahi has created costumes for movies, theatre, dance and opera in collaboration with Mark Morris, Twyla Tharp, Mikhail Baryshnikov and The Roundabout Theatre Company, among others. In 2002, he received the Drama Desk Award for his costume designs for “The Women.” Most recently, Mizrahi made his directorial debut at The Opera House of St. Louis with “A Little Night Music.”

Georgina Chapman
    Judge

Georgina Chapman, born in 1976 in London, is a fashion designer and former actress and model. She, along with close friend and fellow Brit Keren Craig, co-founded Marchesa in 1994. Chapman currently serves as the brand’s Designer and Creative Director, producing two seasonal collections, two bridal collections, and two pre-collections per year.

Chapman attended the Chelsea College of Art & Design in London, where she met Craig, with a focus in design. Following her time there, Chapman enrolled at the Wimbledon College of Art for Costume and Design, where she perfected her skills as a costume designer. She spent much of her free time while in school and in her twenties modeling for Next Models in the U.K., Europe and the U.S., which led to film credits such as “Awake,” “The Nanny Diaries,” “Factory Girl” and “Match Point,” as well as an appearance in the Fall 2008 Gap advertising campaign.

Judges Page - MyLifetime.com

Re: Project Runway All Stars 2012 - The Host and The Judges

I was worried that taking Tim the teacher away from the workroom would be awkward. Then I realized that replacing him with Joanna for those who have been working in the industry is like going from a teacher to a potential employer in the real world; which she is. I loved that the first thing she said to Elisa was to ask if she was going to spit on her. She has been a guest judge before and knows these designers.

Angela is a wonderful choice for a Heidi replacement. She is poised and said the catch-phrase with a bit of humor, yet gave good critiques and somber farewells. It is interesting that she will be presenting the challenges while Joanna stays in the workroom.

They lucked out getting Georgina Chapman into the judging mix, and Isaac has had experience with judging a TV fashion contest before. I really like this new crew!
    Last edited by Arielflies; 01-06-2012 at 11:31 AM.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    They lucked out getting Georgina Chapman into the judging mix, and Isaac has had experience with judging a TV fashion contest before. I really like this new crew!
    They really didn't need luck. Georgina is Harvey Weinstein's wife.

Ack! That is so funny and not mentioned in her bio above...all I saw was Marchesa. Old Harvey and young Georgina - quite a pairing.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

I never was a big Heidi fan so I didn't miss her. However, I haven't at all warmed to these judges or the new mentor. Project Runway isn't the same without Tim Gunn! I hope he's only taking this season off and will be back next season because I enjoy his helpful commentary to the contestants. If only they would learn to listen to him when he raises concerns out their outfits! He's usully right on with what the judges think.

One thing I do credit to these judges over Michael, Nina, etc, is their critiques were much more in line with my thinking. I agreed with their choice of top two designers and with their choice of bottom two designers. One of my long-standing problems with the previous judges was they would gush about an outfit I just found appalling and downgrade one that I thought was an obvious winner. I'm glad to feel in step with these judges. Maybe I'll actually be happy with the winner of Project Runway for a change!

I still feel that Mondo got majorly robbed in his season and I'm rooting for him. He and Jerell are my leading designers so far. I would have thought Austin was going to be one of my favorites but if he doesn't do better after this week, I'm going to have to withdraw my support of him. Michael has potentional. I'll have to wait and see on Rami. I liked his draping in the past but wasn't thrilled about this week's look.

+ Reply to Thread