Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Mondo Guerra - All Stars 2012

Mondo Guerra - All Stars 2012

Mondo Guerra

Age 33
    Denver, CO

@LoveMondoTrasho
    #PRAllStarsMondo

What have you been up to since your time on Project Runway?
    Since the show I've had the opportunity to become an advocate for HIV/AIDS education/awareness. I rang the bell on The New York Stock Exchange with Liza Minnelli, Kenneth Cole and Cheyenne Jackson for AMFAR on December 1, World AIDS Day. I gave a speech in Washington, D.C., for UnAIDS, also on World AIDS Day. I had the honor to tell my story to Nancy Pelosi and Diana DeGette. I designed a special T-shirt for Piperlime benefiting AMFAR for World AIDS Day and again for Valentine's Day. I joined ''Runway'' alum Jack Mackenroth on a national HIV/AIDS education campaign for Merck called Living Positive by Design. I spoke at the opening ceremonies for AIDS Walk New York. I travel to colleges around the nation speaking to students about my story living with HIV. I've really taken on the responsibility to continue the conversation about HIV/AIDS after revealing my HIV on Project Runway.I also showed a F/W 2011 collection at El Paseo Fashion Week with Michael Costello and Christopher Collins.

What do you think you are best remembered for from your season?
    For revealing my HIV status on the runway after keeping it a secret for 10 years of my life.

What is the one thing fans would be surprised to find out about you?
    That I have an evil twin.

Meet the All Star Designers - MyLifetime.com

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Re: Mondo Guerra - All Stars 2012

Loved his trash bag and tape dress. Definitely a Top Three look. He must have found a better quality trash bag than Stella (aka Leather) found during her season!
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

I won't lie and say I really hope Mondo wins this go around but unlike some of the other comments I have read I don't believe it is set up for him to win..he has some serious competition to compete against and he will have to bring his A game on every challenge to have a chance
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

FORT Fogey

Hated his own outfit. He always dressed oddly ...ok....to personal taste.... on the runway, but those way TOO short shorts were just strange.

That's his signature - unfortunately. Though I must say he has the legs to pull it off. I'm just happy to see what he can produce this season.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

It's a good thing contestants aren't judged on what they wear themselves. Mondo always looks ridiculous. He's at a disadvantage already because his body is oddly-proportioned. Then he dresses himself to look like a pudgy schoolboy. I always think of Pinocchio when I see him in his shorts and suspenders.

Note to Mondo: We know you have an eye for fashion. Please use it on yourself! It's hard to take a designer seriously when they are a fashion wreck. It'd be like going to a hair stylist who has a god-awful haircut.

Speaking of which, you need a grown-up haircut, too.
    Arielflies likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    That's his signature - unfortunately. Though I must say he has the legs to pull it off. I'm just happy to see what he can produce this season.
    Wesley from season 5 (who ended up being Daniel's boyfriend after filming ended) did the boy shorts too -- but he could pull it off because he really looked 14.

I wouldn't mind Mondo taking it all this time, but I have a few favorites so it's not a lock for me. Also, I'm Bravo-era biased.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Mondo really can create, design & sew some absolutely fantastic outfits. How he dresses himself personally on the runway makes it all go so terribly wrong for me. I would wear almost everything he designs as long as I don't have to see him. It's not that I don't see him as a good looking man rather I see Pincohhio(sp?) whenever he wears those dang short shorts.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Here are Mondo's fashions for episodes 1-4.

Episode 5.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast