+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Project Runway All Stars Premiere Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Project Runway All Stars Premiere Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Here we go!

Please keep all discussion in here until 1AM ET / 10PM PT.

Enjoy the show!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Re: Project Runway All Stars Premiere Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I don't remember being too thrilled with the cast list when it was first announced, but I could hang with these people for a while...
    Cootie likes this.
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

again, we see that "petal" type dress again...whether its mops, sponges, toilet paper, etc...we always see that silhouette lol

I love Sweat Pea but I have seen her do better work....I am a color person myself and I love her use of colors but like I said I have seen her do much better work than what she did tonight...just hope she gets another chance
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

I'm not surprised at all that Elisa went first -- she's exceedingly talented, but PR is the wrong venue for her talents. I'm glad Sweet P was spared.

Rami wins, and he deserved it, it really was an innovative use of umbrella materials.

Can't wait to see Miss Piggy as a judge this season!
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

I was pleasantly surprised I didn't feel like chucking a shoe at Mizrahi's head tonight. I had to look up Elisa, as at first I didn't recognize her as the fabric-licker. She didn't make it very far in her season, but her runway losing runway outfit tonight wasn't super-terrible. It actually looked like it fit the model and, after all, it wasn't like they were using traditional materials.

Is it me, or has Rami buffed up? He seemed broader in the chest & shoulders, like he's been working out. I like Gordana a lot--thought she was robbed a lot in her season--but I really wish she'd not look so meek on the runway.

I'll hang with this for a little while longer; it may be a good break from the usual gang. And I am looooving that it's only one hour. The regular PR at 90 minutes just got tedious.

A few notes (Note, I started watching during Gordana's season - hence some of these are observations from this go):

1. Austin Scarlett acts entitled. There's a difference between prima donna and entitled... but yet he does both here. He's just off putting. He made a big deal about a hole in his dress... something that could be fixed to look interesting still. I mean... he made a HUGE deal out of it. He acted like it was completely ruined, when this is a relatively easy fix for a dress and still look good.

2. Elisa had an interesting outfit - and hers was avante garde - but it wasn't the strongest of the lot.

3. Like Sweet P, and can see why she's a fan favorite, but this was not a good outfit. I was surprised she wasn't eliminated, because while it was nice... this is apparently her THIRD appearance in the series. She should know how to design.

4. Rami's and Mondo's outfits were nice. I would've given the edge to Mondo though because a. his had more unconventional items in the outfit and b. his was inspired more from his outfit instead of too much so with Rami's. Still... I was glad they were top two.

5. Gordana's first look... wow, she has shown us that she should've been in the final three her season. I feel she was robbed of that chance just to guarantee Irina won it - because you can see what she can do with more time given.

6. Mila look so much softer with that brown longer cut. I wouldn't mind if she went back to black if she still keeps that length - it's the right length for her age and face. Her first outfit wasn't that great, but I've seen other examples of her work, so I know she can do better.

7. Michael C. and April with the mop dress... sorry, but Michael C.s' IMHO was better. He needs to stop being hard on himself - though I will give him kudos for saying that April did make a good dress... speaking of which though...

8. I rank April there with Austin as one of the big drama queens there. She still has the sour attitude IMHO and the silver hair looks horrid on her.

9. Anthony - another one who has shown what he can do with more time. Still was happy he got a second chance when the one gal quit. He has that bitchy attitude with him still... but I don't get the vibe that he doesn't think his work can't have flaws or is bad.

10. Kenley... I can see why people don't like her. Nice outfits, but her attitude... yeah, I see where Tim's comments about her BTS fit.

11. Jerrell still amazes me (From photos of the outfits he made his season) - he had such a horrid profile photo his first season (He looked like he was wearing a Ping creation with that baggy outfit) but he continues to design nice outfits. I wish he had used lest conventional material for his outfit, but it was pretty.

Overall, not a bad episode. None of the outfits were horrid, just some mediochre. Was disappointed with how many people used conventional materials, but still... quite refreshing to not have an outfit that you go "What were they thinking?"
    Endit likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    I'm not surprised at all that Elisa went first -- she's exceedingly talented, but PR is the wrong venue for her talents. I'm glad Sweet P was spared.

Rami wins, and he deserved it, it really was an innovative use of umbrella materials.

Can't wait to see Miss Piggy as a judge this season!
    I got the impression that they were gonna have to make a design for Miss Piggy..lol..one of them made the comment omg now I have to design for a muppit
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Very enjoyable and fresh take on this competition. I really like the new panel and happy to see the designers. Question, though, was Sweet Pea's brought to the opening dress the only one not to be shown?

I also like Sweet Pea, but I don't see that she is designing much different than before. Her dishcloths looked very bargain basement. Rami was a surprise in that he has branched out from draping and gone into stiff structure. Interesting. I thought all of them did well with their interpretations of their original dresses - except Sweet Pea as I had nothing to compare.

Poor Austin...melted plastic, but with a save. I don't know if I can get used to his mustache. And Mondo - thank you for being you in your spiffy Tyrolean style on the runway. Kenley's nasal voice has already gotten to me. It PR! people! YAY!
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Better then I thought, will stick around. Like the 1 hour format. Think they are using film instead of video cause the feel feels off. Agreed with the top three, and it was a toss up between Mondo and Rami. Bottom three, glad Gordana was saved, agree that she needs to project more confidence on the runway. Glad Sweet Pea was saved and that they sent Alisa home that was the right choice.

Looks as if they will be a lot of cat fights on this season.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast