+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Project Accessory 12/22 Finale Show *Spoilers*

Project Accessory 12/22 Finale Show *Spoilers*

Here's a thread for the season finale of "Project Accessory." Warning, spoiler information may be present for east coasters.

Re: Project Accessory 12/22 *Spoilers*

One word: Disappointed.

OK, two words, VERY disappointed.

Brian... won.

Nina... Second.

I'm sorry, but Brian's collection looked like stuff that anyone can do. It's nothing really special IMHO, and fits a specific clientele that most people will not want IMHO. There were one or two pieces, but for the most part... just more of his post apocalypse inspired stuff overall IMHO.

Nina's was beautiful, and there was NOTHING serious criticized about it.

Ryan's I'm sadly not surprised, though I actually loved the scythe necklace.

But I'm sorry, Brian simply put should NOT have won this. His stuff was overall pretty easy to make, and people were outsted for the leather chain thread stuff.

Plus - leather and chains and such you can buy for relatively cheap at a Claire's store and look just as nice as his work. Heck, I've seen better necklaces made with insect inspired looks at Claire's than the necklace he made last week.

Nina's however, I could see in a mid to higher end store and people would still consider purchasing it.

Just a disappointing finale. Not QUITE as bad as Gretchen's win, but pretty close.

They're going to have to seriously retool this show in order to make it work for a season 2. They need more time to allow for things such as METAL casting, use of other techniques other than fabrication (BTW, metalsmithing that Ryan did is Fabrication), and on cases a majority of people don't know the skills (shoework, purses) they get more than one day.

Oh, and the judges need to have a variety of tastes and look at what will sell in all markets and not look like something that people could go "Oh, I can go and make that myself for about $5." - Because at lesat one or two of those items Brian made anyone could make, even inexperienced, this is my first time type folk.
    Florimel, justCoz and Photobabe like this.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Re: Project Accessory 12/22 Finale Show *Spoilers*

UGH! Brian was my least favorite designer right from the start. What were the judges smoking this season that made them like his crap so much?? His resin necklace looked like he took some of my cat's furry mice toys and strung them onto a chain. Maybe there was catnip in them and that's what attracted the judges to his collection.

Honestly, I was shocked none of the contestants chose Christine to help them with the final challenge. I would have thought they would all be vying for her but her name never came up!

I really liked Rich's final collection but felt that overall Nina was the most consistently good designer so I would have chosen her first, Rich second, and Brian third.

Have to say I wasn't impressed with this series. If it makes a comeback, I think I"ll skip it. There must be something else on Thursday nights. If not, I"ll read a book, watch a dvd, play games online, etc.

I almost threw the remote last night. Nina should have won!!! The things the judges like most about Brian's (the shoes) weren't even "his"...the other dude made it!!!

I will not wear any of Brian's or Rich's.

Even my DH was shocked!!!
    Florimel likes this.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

OK, I can see why Nina and Brian were the top two. Their point of view was present in every look they did, Rich's was not. Diego's attitude was abysmal. You are in the helper mode not the designer mode. Who cares if you don't like black and metal you are doing Rich's design asthetic not yours. In one sense you can argue that Diego lost the win for Rich but on the other hand Rich did not put his foot down and insist that Diego follow instructions. But OTH Rich picked him. I do understand why Brian picked James and Nina picked Kathy/Kelly? James for his shoe expertice and K to do handbags. Christine was mainly a jewelry designer and I understand why she was not picked. That being said I thought for sure Nina would win. When the judges more closely critiqued Brian I could see that his belt, beach bag, evening necklace, leather fringe bracelet and shoes were quite fun. Hated his resin necklace it looked like a clumb of cat litter with poo stuck in it. I also hate the "BamBam" beads he was wearing. I can't say I am surprised Brian won over Nina but I think Nina will be more succesful as her looks are more commercial with an hip edge.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    That being said I thought for sure Nina would win. When the judges more closely critiqued Brian I could see that his belt, beach bag, evening necklace, leather fringe bracelet and shoes were quite fun. Hated his resin necklace it looked like a clumb of cat litter with poo stuck in it. I also hate the "BamBam" beads he was wearing. I can't say I am surprised Brian won over Nina but I think Nina will be more succesful as her looks are more commercial with an hip edge.
    Diego was probably the only one who really seemed to be a saboteur. I wish Brian had picked him.

I agree with this assessment of Brian's necklace - I was appalled it was a final runway look. It also looks cheap - like polymer clay out of the bag cheap (I do a lot of clay jewelry too and even my more basic skills look more elaborate than this.

Nina probably didn't need the win as much as someone coming up and getting her to do a line. That said - it's the principle and seriously she had the best design, followed by Rich and then Brian.

Brian's stuff just looks cheap and if not cheap, tacky. You can also do homemade and it look expensive. I really wish I could show some of my work to show you how elegance can be done cheaply, not the reverse.

I wish they had had them make fewer pieces, but do them all by themselves. Unlike PR, where the helpers sew a seem here or cut out a pattern there, on PA the helpers made entire pieces on their own. If the show from the beginning is about seeing who can make and design the best accessory, then the finale should be the same way. If you suck at making shoes or bags then you should either bite the bullet and take a risk and do one or steer completely clear of what you are not good at and hope the judges think your other pieces are good enough to stand on their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie View Post
    I wish they had had them make fewer pieces, but do them all by themselves. Unlike PR, where the helpers sew a seem here or cut out a pattern there, on PA the helpers made entire pieces on their own. If the show from the beginning is about seeing who can make and design the best accessory, then the finale should be the same way. If you suck at making shoes or bags then you should either bite the bullet and take a risk and do one or steer completely clear of what you are not good at and hope the judges think your other pieces are good enough to stand on their own.
    That's another thing that got me - why did they think they needed collections containing shoes and bags if not skilled in them? I mean - a collection can be just jewelry or handbags or the like, just with handbags and shoes on three models you'd have to do something else. But you can easily create NINE jewelry pieces on your own.

Honestly, with the dissatifaction I got seeing Brian win with his stuff that even I can make better (and didn't go to school to make jewelry, just took Metalsmith/Jewelrymaking 101), they're going to have to revamp it for next season or I won't watch. Even Face Off, which was very good for its first season, learned to revamp the challenges and make them harder based on teasers I've seen.

I won't be watching again ... honestly don't have any issue with who won or lost, only that the show, itself, is a dud.
    Florimel likes this.

It was quite a disappointing show. I was really rooting for Nina. They need to do something for this show or I will not be watching either.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast