+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Project Accessory 12/22 Finale Show *Spoilers*

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Project Accessory 12/22 Finale Show *Spoilers*

Nina was robbed!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I agree on the Nina being robbed bit as well as the retooling of the show. It was almost as if they just wanted to give it to someone to try and be a success.

Most of Brian's stuff looked cheap, and many cases tacky. Why would a show want to allow someone who had lackluster no real wow, anyone can make it stuff to let them sell the collection? People can look at most of these and do some pretty decent knockoffs. You want a designer who can design stuff without it being easy to reproduce into knockoffs. Even the fake Chanel bags aren't as easy to fake.

I really didn't watch this show much but I did watch the finale. I really liked Nina's work. Molly Sims just does not have the personality Heidi does.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Whew! The relatives are finally gone so I can watch my show.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    OK, I can see why Nina and Brian were the top two. Their point of view was present in every look they did, Rich's was not.
    Agreed. I didn't like Brian's POV, but at least he had one.

Diego's attitude was abysmal. You are in the helper mode not the designer mode. Who cares if you don't like black and metal you are doing Rich's design asthetic not yours.
    Amen. However, I also agree with whoever said that it was kind of a rip-off having "helpers" at all. They didn't help, they actually made half the collection. There's a big difference. And they made things that the designers themselves didn't have the skill to make, which is also a hugely different thing than merely helping with a detail like a seam on a dress.

I might add that Diego's attitude also sucked when he just sat there on the sofa and didn't help Rich put the looks together. I got the distinct vibe that Diego didn't want to be there. Then why bother to come back?

And for that matter, why bring back a whole bunch of designers if only 3 are going to get picked? This show definitely needs some tweaks.

That being said I thought for sure Nina would win.
    I didn't. Since Brian was "anointed" in the last two challenges, I just knew he would win it all. The judges made it pretty obvious whom they favored. This ranks right up there with letting Wretchen win PR a couple of seasons ago. I actually felt sorry for Rich and Nina, because they had to have known there was very little chance they would win.

Hated his resin necklace it looked like a clumb of cat litter with poo stuck in it.
    My mother called it a clutch of bird droppings. And the judges think anybody would wear this, as well as the crud from the other two challenges? Even if I were a Hollywood actress, I wouldn't be caught dead in this stuff.

I also hate the "BamBam" beads he was wearing. I can't say I am surprised Brian won over Nina but I think Nina will be more succesful as her looks are more commercial with an hip edge.
    Exactly. And talk about hypocritical! In the intro they talk about how the accessories market is worth millions of dollars each year. Then they reject the designer who could make a lot of money with her accessories (and who probably still will) in favor of somebody who will appeal to...who?
    Last edited by Babbred; 12-27-2011 at 07:21 PM.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Well, I thought that Project Accessory was not quite right now the producers over at Lifetime have really hit bottom. They are having Isaac Mizrahi host/mentor on Project Runway All Stars. All new judges too. Seriously, thinking of not watching at all.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I think we talked about this before. I don't mind them switching out the judges. Heidi is ok, but Nina and Michael just irritate the heck out of me most of the time, so I'm glad I won't have to see them again for a while. I actually wish they could be replaced on the real PR.

As for Tim, well, I do love him. Always have and always will. But he has earned a well-deserved rest after the frustrations of these past two seasons. Hopefully he'll come back for the next season of the real show.

I'm going to watch just for the sheer joy of seeing my favorite designers like Mondo again.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

I have a feeling Nina will do much better than Brian...even though he gets a financial head start and the title to back him up.
    Photobabe likes this.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Just got caught up on the finale after recording it... what a joke.

Brian's stuff - nearly every piece - looks like trash reworked by a third grader into jewelry. From the first stupid belt he made (the one that Debra Messing glommed all over which looked like a packing blanket attached with staples to the model's hips) to that ugly bug/resin catastrophe, every bit of his work looked like it was from an Arts & Crafts class.

It doesn't help matters that Brian is an arrogant little Napoleon of a man. Oh, and Brian? I kept hearing about your wife during the run of this show, but I'm pretty sure you're gay. YOU may not be certain about this, but I am. Cuz' dude, you make the gaydar alarm go off in a big, big way.

PS - Your wife called and asked that you stop wearing her big, gaudy necklaces on camera. (Gayyyyyy.)

Nina was the real talent here. Robbed. Looks like the producers were looking to start this show off with a Jeffrey Sebelia-esque winner. Didn't matter because the show was a dud on a zillion levels.
    Coach Ken: "Kid, you make this kick and you die a legend."
    Curt: "Can I pee first?"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12