+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Project Accessory 11/10 Show Discussion

Project Accessory 11/10 Show Discussion

For the episode "Bling It On" which airs at 10PM ET...
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Re: Project Accessory 11/10 Show Discussion

I had to record the episode. I'll be watching tonight or sometime this weekend.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Not surprised at either eliminated contestant being ousted. The one gentleman should've figured that his design wasn't Aspen wear. I agreed with Kelly Osbourne - who yes, she has an odd sense of taste, but knows limits - that it was Eurotrash. The hat was cute, but not well made and the rest... well, just bad made too.

Nicolena is also out. She was SO obsessed about camel toe (never mind there are ways to avoid it fairly well), that she made a belt that did look bad with the very long streamers (I think Osbourne said it was reminiscent of a tampon - which a bit tactless she was spot on). The necklace was the only piece worth wearing long term. I actually liked the necklace.

The only reason Shay wasn't eliminated for her jewelry was that hers was interesting - especially the earrings, and the belt while a bit out of place was also well made.

James pulled a Bert - he had immunity and didn't do his best. I liked the hat, but the cuff and the shoe covers were fugly. The cuff looked like a muff (what you stick your hands in in the winter...) that was just glued to the unitard/catsuit. He much more than Bert deserved the "You better be lucky you had immunity" comment from Molly.

As far as the top three, the winner deserved it. She changed the outfit the most without cutting the unitard to redesign it. The accessories would also go well with dresses a nice blouse (depending on cut and material), etc. And - while she did indeed have two finishes (the cuff was gold, the belt buckle silver), it wasn't bad because combos of brown black and silver gold look good and wear well.

The handmade copper pointed necklace the fellow made (the one who had the model with the outrageous mohawk) also was delightful. I liked all three pieces - and yes, that necklace took a very long time to make. I was worried about the ring, but I think when he said the bezel was collapsing it was more of a good thing than bad. You want the metal to bend enough to wrap the ring - and not break.

The guy with the single triangle necklace and purse... um, they're nice, but honestly not elaborate enough IMHO to be top three. He was safe.

I was not happy with the one guy's choice to cut the sleeves off his catsuit and slit down to the hips. How that woman kept from popping out at the sides I'll never know.

While I'd never be cast for this show probably, I would love to be able to experiment with these swarvorski crystal elements. They're so expensive and just to have the chance to really use them would be fantastic.

I want Adrian's purse. Loved it but didn't feel like the belt w/the fringe and the purse with the fringe should be worn at the same time.

FORT Fogey

I was glad to see them eliminate Nicolette. It shows they judged her creation and not her ability to bring drama to the show. I so often read posters complaining that contestants are kept because they make good TV. In some shows I believe this may be the case but I believe Top Chef and Project Runway are legit and now I can add this one.

Who would wear a cat suit in public?! No one, unless they were in costume.

It was a tough challenge to be sure, and some of them almost made the cat suits wearable which I found amazing. I think that was a hard thing to do, even with a model figure going out in public in something like that it would be hard to look any kind of acceptable!

And I agree with you Jadewarlock, those swarvorski's of all sizes and colors would be a dream to play with. Unless someone has worked with crystals for some reason I don't think they'd realize what a difference a good quality crystal makes in beauty and light catching. Swarovski's are in my opinion the best, and they cost it too. If you ever do make it on the show I'll be rooting for you
    Last edited by Duckyface; 11-12-2011 at 11:51 PM.

I am surprised no one thought to make a bustier for one the of the catsuit models. some over the knee boots and a spiked dog collar and BAM you have an outfit.
    Endit likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I also kept waiting for someone to make knee boots or higher. Or a shaw or scarf. They all made jewlry and belts and hats. I think the winner was well deserved and the two that went home were spot on.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Glad Nicolena is gone. Couldn't stand her bad attitude and vulgarity.

Totally agreed with the winner. It was very elegant.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

If Nicolena hadn't had her head down below in the wrong way and for the wrong reason all during the challenge --- and had used what bit of brain she had to actually THINK instead of worrying and talking about the dreaded "camel toe" --- then she might've made it (although, admittedly, I couldn't STAND her and am happy as hell that she's GONE!).

Also, I think she's in need of a lifetime supply of Q-Tips. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I could've SWORN I heard Eva (?) warn her during her critique that the fringe on that belt needed to be placed on one side or the other, rather than dead center.

A hard head makes a soft ass, like we say in my neck of the woods.

Also, sorry, but I truly LIKED that Kelly Osborne slapped Nicolena in the face with just WHY a belt with long fringe hanging down between female (or male, for that matter!) legs is not a GOOD thing. Nobody else had the guts to say it, obviously, and when Kelly called her right out on it, WITH ABSOLUTELY NO SHAME IN HER GAME, the look on that idiot's face was PRICELESS.

Arrogant, AND stupid!

That is one HELL of a combination!

And, no, far as I'm concerned, Nicolena will NOT be missed!
    Endit likes this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast