+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: 10/13 Discussion Thread *West Coast Spoilers*

Re: 10/13 Discussion Thread *West Coast Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by jacobson00 View Post
    It is between anya and viktor, with viktor winning
    as long as its not Josh then I won't mind..don't really have a favorite this season but if Anya has been telling the truth that she only learned to sew 4 months before the show started I will have to say that I am impressed
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Josh holds grudges and is a bitter mean person. BUT I do get why he was upset that Anya wouldn't let him have any fabric. It seems every episode someone helped her...whether it was advice, actualy sewing, giving her money, etc....and then she starts "playing" the game by not letting Josh have any fabric. I know it's a competition but at same time I think she should have been upfront with him or helped him. All that being said...Josh is still not a nice person in any way. I know stress and lack of sleep caused most of them to react to things differently than normal BUT sometimes how we react to stress and lack of sleep and trials shows the real person underneath.

I really wish Josh wasn't in the finale. His collection was bla. I'm still trying to figure out how he made it through last week. I really liked Vicktor's collection. I do think Kimberly has potential...it just seems nothing ever goes right for her. I think she works better under pressure and is the type to strife and succeed off stress.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

I think Josh did the 180 and said that Anya should go to FW because he knows how much the judges adore her and she has won a few challenges. If he didn't name her when asked, the judges would have seen his sour grapes coming through and it may have affected his chances of getting through. I think it was a given that Viktor and Anya would go to FW, but the rest were up in the air. Laura's collection was a hot mess- the fit was horrible and that one dress didn't seem to be cohesive with the other two. I found myself humming "which one of these is not like the other...". I actually liked Josh's white dress, but the tank and tutu skirt were aweful as was the draped see-through gown. As much as I dislike Josh, when he edits his outfits I have liked them. His little black dress was one of my favorites and the orange dress last week was okay too. He really does do simple well....but he doesn't do it that often. I was surprised Kimberly made it through. I didn't see anything fantastic in her collection. I don't think she has been top or bottom at all this season (except for the Viktor showdown last week). She seems to be just kind-of meh to me.

Is there a thread I can see the decoy collections without managing to see the finalist's collections? (I don't want to spoil it for myself)

FORT Fogey

I have come to believe that Anya is telling the truth about her sewing experience, but only to a degree. Perhaps she should have said, seriously sewing in the last 4 months.

Her background tells us that she has had a lot of experience in the field. That said, she sewed herself a jumpsuit for the Miss Universe pagent and this took place in 2008.

Current occupation: Fashion designer

Past jobs: Graphic designer, stylist, merchandiser, beauty queen.

Training: I have a fine arts bachelor's degree in communications design from Parsons School of Design.

What was the first garment you ever made?
    A slouchy gray jumpsuit that I wore to Miss Universe.
    Whatever her story, she has designed beautiful, original garments. And she is a mature, gracious woman.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    well I don't care who wins as long as its not Josh...but they are really trying to sell him on the after show and redeem him which makes me wonder if he is the winner..for me there can be no redemption for Josh..he can say he's not a bully all he wants but actions speak louder than words and he has shown us all season that he is a big nasty bully
    I so agree. I even felt like the only reason Josh got up to hug Becky during the "After the Runway" show was to get more air time. The kid needs to take a course in graciousness and humility . . . he has none of either. His "performance" during ATR seemed to be just that, and we saw it throughout the season. Apologize, then knife somebody the first chance you get. Actions speak louder than words. He should quit SAYING he's sorry, and actually BEHAVE as though he is sorry . . . and stop being such a bully.

I think that when Anya has said four months I think she meant either seriously or for clients. That said, I can tell when she was confused with some designs and sewing techniques.

Josh... I'm going to be honest. He's trying to apologize but he came off as insincere. He attacks Becky then apologizes for it... again in the after the runway bit. This is the one fellow who shouldn't win, but I have a sinking feeling we'll have a Gretchen 2.0 here (in regard to the attitude).

Oliver - you know for as much grief as I gave him on design, I had to chuckle at his rather honest assessment regarding bra sizes. I mean - why do we have a DD but not AA, BB, CC? (BTW, I don't think he'd get that there is also nearly A, which a lot of models he likes to design for would wear. Not all don't wear a bra if their that "flat" ).

I am hoping they don't pull a fast one though and do a runoff between Josh and Kimberley. It wouldn't be fair to Kim, who would most likely end up losing that challenge to Josh.

I really think though it's Anya's or Viktor's to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie View Post
    Is there a thread I can see the decoy collections without managing to see the finalist's collections? (I don't want to spoil it for myself)
    You can view all the PR collections from Fashion Week from this link:

PR: Ripping the Collections – Bert | Tom & Lorenzo

This particular page shows Bert's collection, but if you scroll down to after the last photograph (and before the comments) you can elect to see the collections from the other designers. You can just skip looking at the finalist's collections. I think 9 of the designers showed at Fashion Week: Viktor, Anya, Josh, Kimberly, Laura, Bert, Olivier, Anthony Ryan, and Bryce.
    "Everything you do matters. Every moment, every decision you make it affects the people around you it changes the world in a million imperceptible ways. No matter what your reality, you can make it better." -- Richard Castle

Quote Originally Posted by jacobson00 View Post
    It is between anya and viktor, with viktor winning
    No, Anya won. This last regular season episode plays out differently in that the "winner" is first announce to be completing at Fashion Week, then the second, then the third.

And that goodness it was her for, once again, made Viktor (told his looks were boring and asked to ramp it up for Fashion Week) and Josh (had only one look they liked) look foolish for discounting Anya's talent and abilities.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Here are the pictures of this week's fashions:

Last edited by pikachu; 10-14-2011 at 12:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mushybrain View Post
    You can view all the PR collections from Fashion Week from this link:

PR: Ripping the Collections – Bert | Tom & Lorenzo

This particular page shows Bert's collection, but if you scroll down to after the last photograph (and before the comments) you can elect to see the collections from the other designers. You can just skip looking at the finalist's collections. I think 9 of the designers showed at Fashion Week: Viktor, Anya, Josh, Kimberly, Laura, Bert, Olivier, Anthony Ryan, and Bryce.
    Thank you so much. I loved Bert's collection. Oliver's collection was dreadful!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast