+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: 9/15 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

9/15 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

More fits, more fights, more feuds and more egos, amigos.

Please keep all discussion in here until 1:30AM ET / 10:30PM PT.

Enjoy the show!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Re: 9/15 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

I was hoping for lots of juicy details. Guess I'll have to wait until it airs here.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    I was hoping for lots of juicy details. Guess I'll have to wait until it airs here.
    me, too. : pouts : I don't know if I will be able to catch it on tonight

I only watched the 30 minutes or so there was another new fall show on that I wanted to see...I think that the only reason Bert got to stay another week is because that the lady he designed it for was totally in love with it and just gushed that is was exactly what she wanted and part of being a designer is pleasing your customer

won't watch next week...grrrrrrrrrrrrr another team challenge ENOUGH ALREADY OF THEM
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    I only watched the 30 minutes or so there was another new fall show on that I wanted to see...I think that the only reason Bert got to stay another week is because that the lady he designed it for was totally in love with it and just gushed that is was exactly what she wanted and part of being a designer is pleasing your customer

won't watch next week...grrrrrrrrrrrrr another team challenge ENOUGH ALREADY OF THEM
    I won't be ABLE to watch next week, but I don't expect a lot of sympathy about sitting on the balcony of a cruise ship, resting after a busy day in San Francisco. I'm going to have to program the different DVRs in the house to get Survivor, Project Runway, etc.

My name is AZChristian, and I'm a Reality TV junkie.

Oliver is really pissing me off. He thought those men were fat. He needs some glasses. Then he says he doesn't like women with breasts. Has ever been out in the real world?
    Little Sew&Sew and Duckyface like this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I'll try to keep it as short as possible:

1. The right designer went home. Bert's might've been safe, but it was well-made and importantly was what the client wanted. Bryce did not do a nice dress - the pockets were in a bad spot, it wasn't well-tailored, and didn't look good. Bert's time IS limited if he keeps doing dresses like this - even though I think Gretchen did something similar and won.

2. Re: Anthony Ryan's red and black outfit - it might be more cigarette girl if anything. The judges need to get what a cheerleading outfit was, and that was no cheer outfit I've ever seen (unless 1950s)

3. Oliver... How in the world did they say his is safe? - it was badly designed, he continued to sew outside the workroom (same with Kimberley, so I'll keep them together), the top looked shabby and he in his own way argued with the client. I seriously feel like he looks like he's going to pass out all the time - I know he's naturally pale but combine with how he talks and his nerves... makes you wonder.

3a. In regard to sewing, IMHO if they are still sewing outside the workroom I feel that they should automatically be in the bottom two because they're breaking rules, and since not as serious as say cheating, they are still working past deadline. This would mean that AR and Bert would've been safe instead of in danger, but even if they were horrid, I feel that not following the rules of the challenge shouldn't allow them to be excused as safe even if the outfits were better made than the two in the bottom three.

4. Anna and Victor were robbed. Talk about safe - that black number is a NORMAL design (little black dress) and the trim made it feel to me like a dressy 1950s dress. Victor's and Anna's were fun - and yes judges, Anna could've won again even with immunity. I really liked the elegance and runway look to it.

5. Teams again next week? I think that's a bit too much. I do like the fact they're going to have to dress a bad (even if this is again).
    ClosetRTWatcher likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Oliver is really pissing me off. He thought those men were fat. He needs some glasses. Then he says he doesn't like women with breasts. Has ever been out in the real world?
    Compared to him they're "fat" but yes he needs glasses. And sometimes I honestly wonder if he really has been out in the real world. I am a country girl and yes occasionally have those "Gee wow" moments when I go into the city, but even I'm savvy enough to do some research and stay sharp to my surroundings.

FORT Fogey

So far I've been impressed with designers/winners from Portland, Oregon (Leanne, Seth Aaron, Gretchen), but this season, any conspiracy theories about favoritism on designers from there are laid to rest (Becky and Bryce). I never liked Bryce's designs but had he edited just as Nina said and fitted it well to the model just as Malin said, he would have been fine, and a more deserving designer would have gone instead. Challenges with "real people" clients are the kiss of death. I'm curious about the next challenge (menswear. hippy-dippy menswear for a band) and the critiques such as "8th grade production of Hair", "Pocahontas", and "Reggae Jesus".

FORT Fogey

I agreed with Nina; the sleeve on Anya's dress was a disconnect for me. The rest of the dress was very cool and unique. We will definately see her in the finale.

I liked Victor's skirt and blouse but did not think it worthy of the win. The reason, for me, was too much going on and I don't mean accessories. The skirt and top didn't work together; it looked busy. Seperate they were fabulous. He will likely be in the finale though. His work is solid.

Though I don't like Josh I did adore that dress! It was flawless right down to the blue shoes.

I think you have to be there in person to understand the judges decision sometimes.

Bert. Could this be more boring? Well made but yawn. He won't survive much longer because I don't think he will break out enough for them. It is not his style to do so.

Oliver is a mess. He cannot survive much longer. Brent's pink dress was a disaster. It didn't fit never mind the poor design.

If I were a model on this show I would allow the designer to do what they do best and pretend I liked it. Why give them a hard time? A lot is at stake and no one gets to keep the dress anyway, so why be so picky?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast