+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Ideas for Project Runway

Re: Ideas for Project Runway

They should have a challenge to make clothes out of recycled products. Check out, Season 7's 3rd runner-up, Jay Sario's project from 2010's "Discarded to Divine"

Project Compassion: San Francisco's "Discarded to Divine" Event | FIJI Water

IMGP9217.jpg_Fiji Water Dress,Jay Nicolas Sario,designer photo - Ed Jay photos at pbase.com

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by jammyjoe; 10-05-2011 at 02:44 AM.

All of you have fabulous Ideas. I have always wanted to see a wedding dress challenge, but for the final five where they get a week to come up with a wedding gown, and get a 500 dollar budget. Much like the episode where Kayne made that beautiful gown. I want more gown challenges.

FORT Fogey

Be mindful in the casting to give us an interesting group. Jay, Austin, Santino and Andre made their seasons enjoyable. I loved Laura too. No one is compelling beyond Anya this season.
    NFL1 and Duckyface like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    Be mindful in the casting to give us an interesting group. Jay, Austin, Santino and Andre made their seasons enjoyable. I loved Laura too. No one is compelling beyond Anya this season.
    I agree! Please stop casting for "drama" and conflict and give us good designers who will be interesting, funny and charming.

FORT Fogey

I miss seeing more about the models - picking, swapping, or doing so many challenges that don't use their models. If this is a competition for the models too, a designer shouldn't get to stick with one the whole season, especially if she was randomly assigned. TOO many group challenges.

I enjoy the hardware, grocery, pet store challenges - but only 1 - the bird seed and colorful fish stone dresses were amazing - the dog bed outfit should NOT have won.

DITTO on differently sized or abled women - could be a whole season with models who are short/petite, tall/heavy, short/heavy, etc. anything except a "normal" size...and have the models forced to swap for the first several weeks so we see them doing different types.

Heidi should get 2 votes - we would have had mondo not gretchen win, and a couple times this season she loved something we felt was top and Michael/Nina liked something boring!

I miss the models show...and enjoyed getting to know them a little, and why they were good vs. not so good as models (why would a designer pick them - body type? versatility? they WORK it on the runway?)
    Arielflies and Allie like this.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

The judges complain about some outfits looking costumey. Just once, I'd like to see the designers make costumes!

My favorite would be for them to make Halloween costumes. Not for kids, more like high-fashion costumes for a runway show. Perhaps they could have a haunted house theme or movie creature theme so that they'd be doing traditional Halloween critters like witches, ghosts, werewolves, mummies, etc. It wouldn't be doing face-painting, just making the outfits.

Another type of costume that would be neat to see them make is for a costume ball. Big, poufy dresses with New Orleans-style masks, and maybe big wigs on the models too in elaborate hairstyles.

FORT Fogey

I will comment without reading this thread yet.

No more plus sized models but how about shorter people with a good weight/porportion for their height.

Stop with the candy store and produce. Focus on what they can do with fabric.

Give them the same fabric and see what they can do with identical materials.

And on the top of my list is GIVE THEM MORE TIME SO WE CAN BE ENTERTAINED!

Give them a theme: Bohemian, preppy, grunge, hip hop, rocker, retro, vintage, classic ..............anything.

Design for a celebrity. Jennifer Anniston, Pink, Beyonce, Jennifer Garner.................name it and have them be a judge. Well, perhaps the level of celebrity has to be down an notch or two! Pam Anderson leaps to mind.
    Last edited by Shoepie; 10-11-2012 at 04:20 AM.
    jucamer likes this.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    No more plus sized models but how about shorter people with a good weight/porportion for their height.

/snip/

Pam Anderson leaps to mind.
    Why do I find these two comments polar opposites of each other?
    jucamer likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    Why do I find these two comments polar opposites of each other?

Hahahahaha!
    AZChristian likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123