+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: 9/8 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

9/8 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

If the title of the episode is "Can't We All Just Get Along," you know the fighting and bitching hasn't died down much...

Please keep all discussion in here until 1:30AM ET, 10:30PM PT.

Enjoy the show!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Re: 9/8 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    If the title of the episode is "Can't We All Just Get Along," you know the fighting and bitching hasn't died down much...

Please keep all discussion in here until 1:30AM ET, 10:30PM PT.

Enjoy the show!
    well with a show title like that and I know its supposed to be a challenge of 2 teams of 5...I think I will pass this week..sounds like its not gonna be a good show
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

I am way over the cockiness of Joshua. He needs to go ... 'nuff already!
    Little Sew&Sew likes this.

FORT Fogey

I only saw the last part of the show--from the runway on--but I agree: Josh needs to can the attitude or get lost. He's not without talent, but his ego far exceeds his abilities at this point. I wish he had gone instead of Becky, but I understand what they were saying about her outfit. I was unclear about how they all got stuck with that ugly print (well, almost all--Bert use a coordinating ugly print and Kim eschewed the prints altogether). If it was Josh who insisted on that print, I think he should have had to take responsibility for it. I'm also a little confused as to how Kim got away with not really using a print if it was a print challenge.

It was completely obvious which was the better collection on the runway--so clear, I was afraid the judges might go the other way, since they so often seem to behave inexplicably lately. I was a little surprised by the winner, however. It's not that I didn't like Anya's design. I just thought Olivier's tailoring was really impressive and I loved the way the evening gown flowed--that was Viktor's design, right? I was happy that Olivier got a little of his mojo back, but I'd like to see him take some pleasure in it. He almost seems afraid to be happy.

Incidentally, in the previews for next week, Olivier seemed uncertain as to what a double D was--later he realized it meant his model's breasts were, in his word, "ginormous" (one of my sisters is a G, so I know bras actually go up to a K cup size--wonder what he'd think of that). Wouldn't he have been given his model's measurements before they went to Mood? I'd think they'd all have to be, wouldn't they? But when he was in Mood, Olivier didn't seem to understand the term double D.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    I'm also a little confused as to how Kim got away with not really using a print if it was a print challenge.
    The rules for the challenge specified that the prints had to be used in 3 out of the 5 looks, so Kimberly was safe in not using the print. And smart.

Olivier is a goth. Well maybe not technically with the blonde hair and the hipster doofus sweaters, but had he been born 20 years previously, he'd totally be with the shoe-gazing kids in all black, hair dyed black with a bit of purple, and pontificating on the lachrymose lyrics of The Smiths and The Cure.
    Endit likes this.

I will admit I actually liked the gears pattern, but like Gretchen's design last season, it needed to be much smaller and subtle.

Bert was safe IMHO because the cut of the dress was quite nice and sophisticated. That said, the print was bad but something that he had no choice over.

Seriously, Josh has some SERIOUS issues with anger. Yes, Bert shouldn't have used the F-word when angry with the printer, but Josh didn't need to overreact there. And honestly HIS issues lead to all of his team sinking in this challenge.

I liked the other team's outfits much better - the Rorschach designs in particular were lovely and a gamble that paid off. Anya did deserve to win this challenge - she even had the prints lining up quite well, and that is hard even if she does really have the skills that she seems to be hiding (I don't think that the "four months experience prior to the show" is entirely true either).

Oliver has bounced back, and I loved the jacket, but seriously, I watch him work and the like and go "OK, when are they going to end up having to break open an ammonia ampoule to make sure he's still awake and with us?" He seriously worries me there in the stress areas.

Now I know why I don't like that f88k##g a$$h8le Josh. I have absolutely no sympathy for him. He is mean, and nasty and intentionally means to hurt people and cut them down. A death in the family is no excuse. At least with Burt you know exactly where you stand. I did want Josh to go home last night based on his rotten attitude and his horrible print. It's like he intentionally blew the challenge. He would be a horrible boss to work for or with.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Josh behaved despictably thru the first half of the show and once again, he offers his apologies after he's been horrible. His apologies don't feel completely real to me. And I get tired of people who behave badly repeatedly and then say I'm sorry. Try filtering what you say in the first place.
    I'm sorry his mother died 2 years ago, I'm sorry he couldn't afford to travel back home much (but that was his choice to live far away) but that doesn't mean you can behave any way you want to others. If you don't like someone's foul language, there are other ways to express that. He was acting like the Speech Chief of Police.

I also thought that the evening gown and Olivier's jacket were far better than Anya's dress, which was really nice but not the best.
    I'm still suspicious of Anya....not sure what's up with her but something about her story just doesn't sit well with me.

Could we please see individual challenges? With new and different parameters?

Does anyone else see a difference in Heidi's personality? I get the feeling she's a little tired of being outvoted by the Super Large Heads aka Michael and Nina.
    She almost seems a little difiant when she offers her opinion now. Or maybe I'm reading more of what I'd like to see of her than what it really there.
    Endit and Allie like this.

FORT Fogey

I think Michael Kors is so funny. The way he referred to Nina as "madame", calling Bryce's look as a mall outfit, and the "hooker convention" reference to the Nuts and Bolts team. I agree with jade, that the cog print needed to be smaller.

Funny I didn't mind the cog print that Becky created it was way better than then what Laura and Josh produced. In fact the prints these two designers produced were the worse of the challenge. So much for being the creative ones of the team.
    Allie, jadewarlock and Duckyface like this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast