+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: 8/25 Show Discussion **WEST COAST SPOILER**

8/25 Show Discussion **WEST COAST SPOILER**

Please leave this thread open til 2 a.m.

they started off by having to run a lap and the first 4 winners got to be the team leader...yea another team challenge

Ceceline made it very clear she didn't want to be there and left and so the remaining tema that only had 3 people got to choose someone that had already left the show to give them a second chance..they choose one of the guys while I think they should have chosen Julie since she was the last one cut and I fell if the judges really knew what she was thinking she would not have been cut to begin with

they are designing outfits to go with Heidi's sportswear outfit for new balanace..should be interesting to see what comes out of this
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Re: 8/25 Show Discussion **WEST COAST SPOILER**

I saw in the previews that Bert was looking very happy about something while standing on the runway. What was that about?

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    I saw in the previews that Bert was looking very happy about something while standing on the runway. What was that about?
    because of the 3 outfits that his team designed the judges thought his was the best even though he fought and argured with his teammates for the entire challenge...they made no bones about the fact that they did not lke Bert
    AZChristian likes this.
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

I thought it was extremely strange that the judges praised Josh for being such a great leader and picking someone whose style he liked and someone who was a good seamstress (implying that she would only be sewing). If that was the case then how could she possibly be faulted for a design when she was just a worker bee? Granted his team were all deemed safe, but at first it appeared they were going to pick and choose randomly which designs they liked and which they didn't from all the teams collectively (which they didn't end up doing). I don't think it was any mistake that there were 3 members of each team and they were required to make three outfits. Do the math people...that's one outfit per designer. The team leader should be able to say that he/she wants them to be cohesive in the style or the fabric or the color, but within that scope let each designer do their own garment- it just seemed as if that would be the easier and less drama-y way to do it and certainly easier for each person to take ownership of their work instead of "well I did the top on that one, the skirt on that one, and the jacket on that one...".

And in past seasons when a designer has had to leave the last person that was kicked off came back. I didn't like that they got to choose this time. I wasn't a big fan of Julie's designs, but I felt she was kind-of robbed of her second chance nonetheless.
    NFL1 and Duckyface like this.

Sad that Julie was not allowed to return and they were able to pick someone else. Unless Julie had violated some rule or got ugly post her elimination, then she should've returned.

That said - I sure had it pegged that Cecilia would quit. It would've been more admirable IMHO though that she spoke up on the runway and walked away so Julie would've automatically been allowed to come back.

As far as the whole show - I only got to see the runway. That said, Bert's team... I agree with Heidi, Bert may be a jerk and the like, but he DID produce something wearable while in their lust to berate Bert, the other two didn't do a good job on their outfits. I also agree with Heidi - the leader of that team should've been eliminated over the contestant who was. His outfit was HIDEOUS, and didn't even look like he really SEWED anything.

The winning designs were good, but... I really wish on Heidi's clothing line she really get out of these greys. I liked the group with Becky's designs more because they had some sort of color in them.

Next week looks interesting - I wonder who will be the designer considering or actually breaking the rules that outfits cannot be glued onto the model (which BTW I find horrid to begin with because it can harm the model to the point she gets literally burned and can't model in the future).

I continually become disappointed in Project Runway, esp this season. I've got to wonder what on earth these designers are thinking when they create an outfit. Very few fulfilled the challenge for Heidi. Some looked like cocktail dresses or wear-to-work. Hardly anything, IMHO, should be worn with sneakers.
    At first, Michael Kors hated the spider-web-y jacket and then later, loved it.
    I wonder why Heidi always loses when it comes to a diverse vote.
    I'm also tired of the challenge consisting of designing something for someone's clothes line or for one of the judges. Very little originality anymore, except for the stilt walkers and that was just plain ridiculous.
    Duckyface likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie View Post
    I wasn't a big fan of Julie's designs, but I felt she was kind-of robbed of her second chance nonetheless.
    I agree. Julie should have returned. I agree with what Bert said that this current group is clique-y and it felt unfair that they opted for Josh C. and not Julie because it would have been the fair thing to do.

It seems it is the youngens vs the oldens. Why did Josh not like the blond right off? It's not like she has started any stuff with any of them and she has never been in the botton. I hated how he lead his team and was shocked he got such praise for how he led his team. I sure don't want to be led by a screaming, control freak that degrades me every chance he gets. I'd quit in a heartbeat.

Julie should have been able to come back. It shouldn't have been up to the other designers who got to come back. I think Julie would have slammed this challenge.

I wasn't impressed at all this episode.
    NFL1 likes this.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

It seemed that both Becky and Bert's ideas were put down from the beginning of the challenge (I know . . . editing). Becky cracked me up with her comments ("I'm the intern. I'm here to sew. Can I get you coffee?"), and I don't blame her for getting upset when her team leader was so rude. He needed to apologize, and I'm glad that he did.

I know most people don't like Bert. I don't think I'd like working with him every day of my life. But the younger designers ARE very cliquish, and his two teammates were not listening to him at all. He asked for a knit fabric - they said, "This is your fabric. Use it." It was funny to see him complimented for his design while his teammates were chastised. What WAS that hot mess his team leader put together? As Michael said, "How can something be tight and loose at the same time?"

And the winning team . . . I thought Viktor's dress was horrid and was shaking my head in disbelief when the judges started going gaga over it. The leather jacket was very nice, but I thought the dress under it looked like a junior high school "first try" at sewing.

Quote Originally Posted by watts View Post
    I agree. Julie should have returned. I agree with what Bert said that this current group is clique-y and it felt unfair that they opted for Josh C. and not Julie because it would have been the fair thing to do.
    I think this also may explain why Josh C. was not happy with Bert - he was the voice of fairness and Josh C. could only see the possible dollar signs (the win) that he was mad that Bert would dare try to deny him the second opportunity.

This is today's reassessment of the outfits.

On the outfits, Bert's top worked fine with shoes, but he needed to have created shorts of some sort. Becky's shorts I liked (save needing to be a bit longer) but the top admittedly was a tad too short. Had it been a bit longer touching the top, little bit further of the hips, it'd been great.

Victor's skirt was bad, the jacket was great. I was surprised on the critique that it wasn't criticized a bit. Even the more rugged designs do tend to have a finished look and his skirt seemed a tad unfinished.

The eliminated contestant shouldn't have been eliminated. I think given that Josh C. got to return they wanted to give him a "fair chance" which really? - absolutely HORRID outfit (I dare say that at least Emilio's was "inspired," even if because it was that or no outfit, on the washer bikini - and I didn't like it), and if anyone else would've eliminated them.

The eliminated contestant's grevious "error"? - mixing fabrics. I'd rather have a mixup like that but it still look decently made (The top did look decent) than what looked like a badly sewn/wrapped Toga that someone gave the model a wedgie in.

Yes, mixing fabrics can be a good reason for eliminating someone, as the fabrics may not wash well and lead to pulling and tearing of the garment; however, there was a much worse design out there by a designer who had a horrid over the top attitude toward another designer and he's saved because of two ninnies who think retrofashion is fashion forward (as they overruled Heidi on the winner of last season).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast