+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: 8/18 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 8/18 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Gotta say that this season is horrid -- no real talent -- crappy sewing -- a real joke. If it's any consolation, Project Runway Australia is worse -- from the contestants to the host and mentor. The entire franchise went downhill since Christian Siriano. PR All Stars should be much better as we're aware of some of the talent there............that is if we can get beyond Kenley (sp?)
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    Tom Hanks - A League of Their Own

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Just watched the preview of this week's episode. Bert looks really happy about something during the judging.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    Gotta say that this season is horrid -- no real talent -- crappy sewing -- a real joke. If it's any consolation, Project Runway Australia is worse -- from the contestants to the host and mentor. The entire franchise went downhill since Christian Siriano. PR All Stars should be much better as we're aware of some of the talent there............that is if we can get beyond Kenley (sp?)
    I can see your point about the sewing - which is what I think killed Julie (she used glue on a challenge that didn't need it, i.e. the pet food).

That said, I think the "Talent" issue is being exacerbated more because whenever they do try to be creative on a lot of these challenges they have been knocked down pretty far, such as the stilt walking.

If they'd get the chance to do a bit more creative challenges - i.e. less of this design for Nina Garcia or such, then we might see more interesting outfits...

... or we may end up having a winner who is as much of a joke as Gretchen's win was this past season.

(I wasn't a fan of Siriano's, but save a couple of winners, I can see your point. Seth Aaron has been my favorite of the winners I have been able to watch).
    Allie likes this.

So far the challenges have been strange/odd, to say the least....nothing that I think could really showcase what these designers can do.
    I think what bothers me the most is the regular judges: Nina, Michael and Heidi. They seem like they are more interested in saying something they think is humorous with no concern about the designers. Michael is the worst. I'm not saying that they have to make nice and say only good things. Just that it's gotten a little meaner, a little more calloused and all cloaked in a funny way. They should stick to designing/modeling because they definitely are not stand up comics.
    Duckyface likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    So far the challenges have been strange/odd, to say the least....nothing that I think could really showcase what these designers can do.
    I think what bothers me the most is the regular judges: Nina, Michael and Heidi. They seem like they are more interested in saying something they think is humorous with no concern about the designers. Michael is the worst. I'm not saying that they have to make nice and say only good things. Just that it's gotten a little meaner, a little more calloused and all cloaked in a funny way. They should stick to designing/modeling because they definitely are not stand up comics.
    Funny, I feel the total opposite way. I like all of the judges and think they do a good job. They are entertaining, to me and very witty most of the time. Contestants know they are in for some harsh comments and I agree with most everything they say. I did with Simon too. Soooooooo looking forward to the X factor!

I personally think they need a challenge such as all get the same bolt of fabric and design based on it - oh and using only that fabric and trimmings.

It's also the reason that I do like their "design a fabric" challenge, because they have to be doubly creative in their designs. (Though I would be a little more willing to challenge some designs for potential copyright issues, because I was surprised that Gretchen was allowed to make that sunbonnet design. Some Native American tribes do not like their patterns designed for items outside of what they make to sell).
    Allie and AZChristian like this.

i love anya!

i can't stand bert or becky tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000 View Post
    Is he the one that Nina said is referencing too much and that he needs to be careful and develop his own vision? I can't remember which one she said that too.

About Anya, she's set up for people to not like her. I just don't have a problem with her. Right now, Bert is the only one I don't like which really is sort of amazing. Usually there are at least half of them that I want gone by now. The rest? While sort of boring and seemingly unable to sew a straight line, are sort of nice people and I'm enjoying watching them.

Oh, almost forgot the lady with the short, white hair. She's on my radar (as is Victor) as ones I will grow to really dislike as the season progresses. There is some stealth nastiness to those two that is just being hinted at right now.

Last season is over. Gretchen's style really isn't mine but Michael Kors's fall collection has Gretchen written all over it. This is a style that will appeal to the mass market.

Mondo was unique but unless you are 6' tall & wear a size 0, his clothes aren't wearable to the mass market. Heck I'm a size 0 but at a foot shorter I can not possibly wear his clothes.

This season honestly is just sad. I did like the winning look from this past week. I really loved the the design and shape of the top. What I didn't like about the top was the sparkly, gold fabric. It just looked it would be itchy to wear all day long.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    I've noticed this the past couple of years and I don't like it at all either. There's no reason to be hurtful to the contestants. I think it takes courage to put your stuff out there to be judged, especially in these crazy challenges with little time to truly execute your ideas, and there is no need for the judges to make it harder by being nasty.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    Funny, I feel the total opposite way. I like all of the judges and think they do a good job. They are entertaining, to me and very witty most of the time. Contestants know they are in for some harsh comments and I agree with most everything they say. I did with Simon too. Soooooooo looking forward to the X factor!
    Oh, I totally agree with you about Simon. It's refreshing to have someone tell it like it is but to me, it just seems like they like to be overly mean to humilate the designers and make themselves sound witty. I'm all for saying the design is lousy, sewn badly, etc etc. That's what they're there for. Maybe it's those smug smiles on their faces that gets to me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast