+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: 8/4 show discussion **WEST COAST SPOILERS**

8/4 show discussion **WEST COAST SPOILERS**

well here we are for week 2...and they are getting their materials from PETLAND...I have to wonder if they are dressing dogs or people and if they are dressing people..what in the world can you get in a pet store to make for someone that would be considered FASHION...lol...can't wait to find out

300.00 for each designer in a pet store thats 4500.00 fer shame on who ever thought of this challenge...do you have any clue at all as to how many animals in non kill shelters and homeless animals that could feed, fix, and get shots for...shame shame shame on PR
    Last edited by ButterflyFaery; 08-04-2011 at 10:13 PM.
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Re: 8/4 show discussion **WEST COAST SPOILERS**

What's happening? Do I need to wait 2 hours for it to even start here? Last week's previews made it look like lots of drama in the workroom.

they have to make items out of Petland..out of items meant for pets...there were a couple that were halfway decent most of them stunk...can't remember who went homw..sitill don't have there names straight...they were each given 300.00

my only dislike of this episode was that I added that up and it came to 4500.00 and i know how many animals that kind of money could help and i think they need to donate the same amount to no kill animal facilities
    AZChristian likes this.
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Wish Wee Wee Boy had gone home instead of Josh. What was it with Bert not wanting to do the challenge? Seriously, that is what the challenge is all about.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Much as I like Bert, I think his attitude needed a real adjustment tonight.

If he can't find it n himself to stretch and do off-the-chain, insane stuff when a challenge demands it, he might very well find himself aufed quick, fast and in a New York hurry.

Bryce's blue wee wee dress was absolutely hideous. He should've gone, rather than Josh, IMHO. Even though I understand that Josh was sent packing because his outfit was all fabric found in the pet store, rather than made out of strange, unusual materials he got from there.

Laura Kathleen? Maybe this'll change later on, but I'm NOT feeling this kid, at ALL.

I liked Olivier's outfit, and the birdseed dress. O won, but it could have been either, and I would've been OK with that.
    Last edited by ness; 08-05-2011 at 03:15 AM.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Given that Tim Gunn is an animal rights activist - and thankfully told Bert no on the live animals for clothing (I mean, seriously... they may say anything in the store but common sense says no animals), I would be surprised if there was no donation to a shelter or the like. My only hope is that it's a group that all the money would go directly toward helping the animals.

A lot of the outfits IMHO were not that bad given the circumstances. I don't think the winner should've won though - Heidi's favorite actually was the best designed dress and didn't look like it was pet materials. I thought it was brilliant - especially since I was scared that his birdseed idea would bust as it's hard to glue seeds onto fabric and they stay.

I liked the idea of the collars being used as a skirt; however, that was far too short. I am glad though that the designer had the sense to redesign her outfit, though I would've considered seeing if there was enough material to add to the top of bottom of said skirt and still use the collars.

I liked Miss Trinidad's top and it was a decent use of the rope.

And the eliminated contestant I am not surprised. He used too much fabric, though it was nicely made.

Bert... Brother, does he NOT get that he could've done better and kept getting immunity. Heidi's warning to him, though good humor, did said it bluntly that he'd probably been eliminated had he not had immunity and to not do it again. I think Heidi has threatened to take away immunity one time, and I cannot say as I would blame her if they don't give a challenge proper respect. And not giving a challenge respect can affect judging in the future. Hopefully he hasn't made a huge mistake - as I do like him, but this was not a good step.

(BTW, since they show it for the promo that the winner has the chance to design for PiperLime.com, seeing Gretchen's line in that clip only reminds me that all of these designers, even the eliminated ones, have shown more creativity that Gretchen's final collection IMHO.)
    pikachu likes this.

This was one of those runways where I completely disagreed with the judges, I thought that would stop happening as much this season. As the show unfolded, I kept going back to the plant store challenge from season 2 -- especially with Olivier's and Anthony's garments. They both jumped off the models' bodies like Andrae's moss topiary dress! And yet the judges fell over themselves praising them. Also, Olivier's top was fabric (dog bedding) and Anthony's was all muslin with the beadwork done on top. I admired the work Anthony put into the birdseed beading, but that was the one trick for whole dress -- the shape wasn't that great and the hem was too short. And if a regular woman tried to wear Olivier's dogbed top, her boobs would be around her knees.

I just don't understand how arbitrary the judges get when criticizing everyone's choice of materials. Josh C and Josh F seemed to use the same fishtank material for their skirts. Josh C gets his ass handed to him, yet Josh F gets hugs and kisses because he was a little more creative with it.

I would have preferred Becky's more colorful dress to be in the top 3 -- it was all muslin too, but more heads would turn for her dress than for Anthony's.

I fear Julie is this season's Kara Janx, only without the charming personality, and even less confidence. (I love you Kara, don't get me wrong!) If Julie isn't auf'd soon, she's going to middle-road it all the way to a Final 4 spot that she doesn't deserve.

As for who went home, I have to ask, what's really worse? Making a turd dress and defending it, or making a turd dress and joining in the judges' hatred for it? I can see that the judges think that Fallene has more potential, but she all but rolled over and took a nap on the runway during judging. I'm surprised they didn't give her the smackdown for that.

Oh, and Bert? You don't belong on this show. Period.

All in all, I'm glad they tried this challenge, but I'll be glad to finally see some Mood fabric coming down the runway next week. It's time for some real design!
    Last edited by MFWalkoff; 08-05-2011 at 04:35 AM.
    pikachu likes this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Tim even said in the store that the judges wouldn't want to see "for example" dog beds used because they're basically just material. (That's when Bert immediately said, "Can someone hand me that dog bed?") I don't see any difference between using dog beds and using umbrellas for fabric. The judging on this episode made no sense to me at all.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Here are the fashions for this week:

FORT Fogey

I'm glad others were wondering about whether an appropriate donation was make to a no-kill shelter. When I saw all those bags of pet food going out of the store, knowing some, if not most, of the food would just be dumped out so the bags could be used, I thought what a terrible waste that was.

I was disappointed in Bert as well. Knowing he had immunity, he could have at least tried something unconventional. If it didn't work, he still wasn't going to go home, but he would have looked like a good sport (I didn't take his comment about using the live animals seriously--I assumed he was just making a bad joke). On the other hand, I'm also anxious for them to get to Mood. Last week's show was essentially unconventional too. Granted, they got to use material, but it was their pjs and a bed sheet, and they could only choose from the fasteners, trims, dyes etc. made available to them. And next week is a team challenge, and I rarely like team challenges. When are they going to get to show what they can do on their own with choices of their own?

I don't understand why Olivier's dress got so much judge love. The top was a pet bed--and a fairly boxy, unflattering cut--and the skirt made the model look bigger in the butt. What woman is going to want that kind of style? I also don't understand why Olivier is pronounced Oliver--what's the extra i in the last syllable for if no one's going to pronounce it? I'm really confused by his accent as well. I know I can inadvertently pick up a little trace of an accent when around people who have an accent different that the flat Midwestern sound with which I grew up, but he was sixteen before he went to England and then on to...was it Spain? Surely he had some kind of accent of his own before that. Can anyone who's more accomplished linguistically than I am figure out what the influences are there? I hear something that sounds a little British, but other than that, I'm lost.

Oh, and after last night, I'm waiting for a throwdown between Nina and Heidi. And could someone convince Lifetime not to wait until midnight CST for the second run of the episode? I can't watch the earlier one, and yet again this week, I fell asleep during judging and had to wait and watch the finish on-line. In the past, they've certainly not waited that long between the first and second showing, so to speak, and all they're showing in between are reruns of sitcoms.
    pikachu likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast